The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teaandcoffee
Woo the same as me :smile:

Me too! How is revision going?
PREDICTIONS by a psychology teacher. She goes to examiner meeting but she DOES NOT have any inside info.

Breakdown of relationships
Effects of early experiences on adult relationships

genetic explanations of aggression
instututional aggression

nature of sleep
explanations of any 2 sleep disorders
life span changes in sleep

(Thats it for relationshis/ sleep / aggression only)

OBVIOUSLY dont ONLY revise those, just dont miss any of those things out thinking they wont come up :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by antipesto93

instututional aggression

i quite like those predictions - expect for the influence of childhood experiences one!

for aggression though, can they specify genetics? i thought they could just ask for bio explanation?

and thanks for the help with the ao2! :smile:
I think they can specify either Genetic explanation
or Neural and hormonal explanation
Original post by kittyminkyx
i quite like those predictions - expect for the influence of childhood experiences one!

for aggression though, can they specify genetics? i thought they could just ask for bio explanation?

and thanks for the help with the ao2! :smile:

Yes they can, in the spec they specify neural/hormonal and genetics :smile: not too keen on them, but I'm not feeling v confident atm! Hopefully I can cover it all by the time exam comes!
the only thing i dont know is if they can specify these 2 as separate 25 marks!

Primary and secondary insomnia
and
Factors affecting insomnia
Reply 186
ive been trailing the internet for info on Intrasexual Competition for Evolutionary Explanations of Anorexia. and all it comes up with is some posh articles which i cannot decipher at all. Does anyone have a detailed, but precise explanation for it? any help is appreciated!
p.s. Isnt Intrasexual Competition when females are trying to eat small amounts and stay thin to appear more attractive- but then other sites say that women want 'nubile' (hourglass) figures in order to stay attractive and appear to have a childbearing body, but then how can both be true?
Hey guys, I'm retaking this as I completely made a mess of this in Jan,
I'm attempting to learn the content BEFORE the night before this time haha.

those who are doing aggression:
Is it essential that we learn about cue arousal/relative deprivation - or it okay just to learn the deindividuation theory?
Its fine to just do Deindividuation
and social learning theory
Oh good, thank you !!
Original post by triangle_eyes
Hey guys, I'm retaking this as I completely made a mess of this in Jan,
I'm attempting to learn the content BEFORE the night before this time haha.

those who are doing aggression:
Is it essential that we learn about cue arousal/relative deprivation - or it okay just to learn the deindividuation theory?

Yeah, the spec only says two theories, the most common being deindividuation and SLT, but you might want to learn cue arousal/relative deprivation as they are fairly simple concepts that could help your AO2 a lotttt...
Has anyone planned out their essay's yet? like, the way you're gonna write them if that question comes up? Like thiss:

Describe and Evaluate one social psychological theory of aggression

AO1 - Bandura's SLT of aggresion
AO2 :smile: - Wolfgang & Ferracuti, cultural diff.
AO2 :smile: - High Reliability
AO2 :frown: - Low Ecological validity
AO2 :frown: - Reductionist
AO2 :frown: - Ethical Issues
Contrast theory - Deindividuation

Do you think this would be enough for a 24 marker? Does anyone else have essay plans like this, on Aggression, Sleep/Bio Rhythms and Eating Behaviour? Cheers :smile:
If i can help in anyway, just ask.
Reply 193
could someone please send me their PSYA4 notes? I am doing research methods, anomalistic and phobias. Any would be really, really helpful!
Original post by liamcol123
Has anyone planned out their essay's yet? like, the way you're gonna write them if that question comes up? Like thiss:

Describe and Evaluate one social psychological theory of aggression

AO1 - Bandura's SLT of aggresion
AO2 :smile: - Wolfgang & Ferracuti, cultural diff.
AO2 :smile: - High Reliability
AO2 :frown: - Low Ecological validity
AO2 :frown: - Reductionist
AO2 :frown: - Ethical Issues
Contrast theory - Deindividuation

Do you think this would be enough for a 24 marker? Does anyone else have essay plans like this, on Aggression, Sleep/Bio Rhythms and Eating Behaviour? Cheers :smile:

Yeah thats fine, Remember you can also do the BOBO doll study and evaluate it, that will be like half a page?
we also learnt a study by Ellison and one by Rhem
but the stuff you listed should be enough
When evaluating a psychological approach and you state the it is Cultural bias, in particular ethnocentric bias '' What are the consequences of this inappropriate application ?''
PREDICTIONS by a psychology teacher. She goes to examiner meeting but she DOES NOT have any inside info.

Breakdown of relationships
Effects of early experiences on adult relationships

instututional aggression

nature of sleep

(Thats it for relationshis/ sleep / aggression only)

OBVIOUSLY dont ONLY revise those, just dont miss any of those things out thinking they wont come up :biggrin:

My psychology teacher was assuming that institutional aggression may come up as well. I dont really like that topic though :s-smilie:
Bdw my Uni choices are like yours only the other way around. Your insur' is my firm vice versa. :tongue:
Original post by MissCardboardBox
My psychology teacher was assuming that institutional aggression may come up as well. I dont really like that topic though :s-smilie:
Bdw my Uni choices are like yours only the other way around. Your insur' is my firm vice versa. :tongue:

Oh nice! - different course i assume :tongue:?
and yeah i think institutional aggression is a possibility, we learn to talk about:
the importational model
the situational model

and then as alternative possibilities / approaches
Deindividuation
conformity
Yeah thats fine, Remember you can also do the BOBO doll study and evaluate it, that will be like half a page?
we also learnt a study by Ellison and one by Rhem
but the stuff you listed should be enough

Yeah I meant Bobo doll studies in Bandura's SLT aha, Ellison and Rhem? I'll look 'em up! Cheers :smile:

instututional aggression

nature of sleep

those topics have already come up. the sleep disorders and instutional aggression came up as 25 markers as well so i really dont think they would do those again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending