The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peanut
i used the bond angles to help explain teh shape

What did you do on the question for international awareness of incineration of plastics?
Reply 1121
anyone made a mark scheme yet?
Reply 1122
Original post by shooby_doo
Does anyone have OCR psychology?

yep ive got psychology on tues 7th :smile:
****!!! 2-methyl-propan-2-ol!!!
i freaking put sth like trimethylmethanol.... my brain wasn't working
Reply 1124
I spent my journey home crying about this paper..
it went terribly.
Thought this was quite a good exam.

Fairly straight forward, weren't any ridiculous molecules thrown into the questions.

They gave plenty of information for that 10 marker, absolute gift of a question.
Firstly, does HCL form either radicals? or Acid rain?? :s-smilie:

i put esterification for methanol use?
Reply 1127
Original post by m.ben
I found the paper ok - not too hard nd liked the 10 marker at end .. just laugh at myself coz for the carboxylic acid i got the molecular formula of propanoic but wrote ethanoic - what an idiot - hopefully will only lose couple of marks for it !!! :rolleyes:

omg I did exactly the same thing and I have been beating myself up about it ever since because I know what it is I just wrote the wrong thing in the heat of the moment!
Original post by Abused Tampon
it was meant to be exothermic. i remember it saying exothermic

Phew!
Does anyone know how many marks Q7 and Q8 were worth? I inexplicably though it was the end of the paper, FAIL, after the 10 mark and 3 mark question on Q6. I think they were 20 marks which means it is virtually impossible to get an A, but I think it might have been more as I didn't see them until the last few seconds and was like aaaaaaah. They sound as if they weren't too bad either... I'm thinking resit :s-smilie:
what was the answer for the last question? i got ethyl propanoate but a load of other people got methyl propanoate and ethylethanoate :s-smilie:
Original post by Pandit Bandit
what was the answer for the last question? i got ethyl propanoate but a load of other people got methyl propanoate and ethylethanoate :s-smilie:

You were right they were wrong
Original post by _Say_Goodbye_
Does anyone know how many marks Q7 and Q8 were worth? I inexplicably though it was the end of the paper, FAIL, after the 10 mark and 3 mark question on Q6. I think they were 20 marks which means it is virtually impossible to get an A, but I think it might have been more as I didn't see them until the last few seconds and was like aaaaaaah. They sound as if they weren't too bad either... I'm thinking resit :s-smilie:

Question 8? Was there a Q8? I thought the last question was question 7 about using Infrared and Mass spec to work out X, Y and ester Z. Anyone remember if there was a Q8?
Q7 was worth 10 marks I think?
Original post by racheatworld
Question 8? Was there a Q8? I thought the last question was question 7 about using Infrared and Mass spec to work out X, Y and ester Z. Anyone remember if there was a Q8?
Q7 was worth 10 marks I think?

The X Y Z question was the last one. I remember because I had to continue the answer onto the next page which was one of those additional pages at the end.
I literally have no idea!! I just did the last part of question 6, with 3 boxes where you had to draw the products and thought it was the end of the paper, sorry if I'm worrying you aha but yeah I just wondered how many guaranteed marks I've lost... I think it must have been more than 10, maybe 20+
Reply 1135
for the nucleophillic substittuion, i did the mechanism correctly and i left k as a ion (K+) Near it .
does anyone think i might gt marked down
Original post by bites
for the nucleophillic substittuion, i did the mechanism correctly and i left k as a ion (K+) Near it .
does anyone think i might gt marked down

I think it's in solution so it should just stay as K+, that's what I wrote anyway! But I'm a fail
who for the last question got ethyl propanoate? i forgot how an ester ended then it hit me it was oate but i wrote ate -facepalm- i hope they dont mark me down on spellin =/
Reply 1138
Question 5, did it stay as a cyclic.or go to a chain when you added hydrogen gas?!
Original post by timdr
Question 5, did it stay as a cyclic.or go to a chain when you added hydrogen gas?!

Hmm, looks like i only did 5 questions :s-smilie: FML. I thought the hydrogen just added across the C--C double bond and so it stayed cyclic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending