Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Anyone going to Brighton in 2011?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by volcanic
hey guys, I just firmed critical fine art practice today, applied for accommodation - really hope I get phoenix!

anyone else know how they decide with accommodation- first come first serve or?

and anyone else put phoenix as there first choice?

They put everyone on a list randomly and then work their way down the list, so if you're at the bottom end you're not likely to get halls! Read that on their website.
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Original post by ollie01
Unconditional for Law with Business :wink:

I got Conditional for the same course. :biggrin:
Reply 82
Original post by David.Malinovsky
I got Conditional for the same course. :biggrin:

You going to firm the offer?
I got Conditional from Sussex, which I Firmed. Brighton is my insurance offer. :biggrin:
Reply 84
I applied for Sussex last year but missed out on a grade, good luck anyway!
Reply 85
Original post by volcanic
hey guys, I just firmed critical fine art practice today, applied for accommodation - really hope I get phoenix!

anyone else know how they decide with accommodation- first come first serve or?

and anyone else put phoenix as there first choice?

I've firmed Critical Fine Art Practice too, I've put Pheonix down as my 1st choice then uni homes 2nd, all the other halls are too far away! I really hope I get a place there, apparently only 68% of students get halls and it's selected on a random basis?
Original post by EmmaRose
I really hope I get a place there, apparently only 68% of students get halls and it's selected on a random basis?

This seem odd. Why only 68%? I thought all fresh-man undergraduates are meant to get a university accommodation...
Reply 87
This seem odd. Why only 68%? I thought all fresh-man undergraduates are meant to get a university accommodation...

I'm not sure? I think that's why they also have the Unihomes option, but I definitely read somewhere official about 68% only getting halls... I think!
Nevertheless all Sussex student's will get their university managed accommodation... It kinda cheers me up coz Sussex is my Firm :biggrin:

We will see how things will work out. :smile:

Besides that, don't you guys find Brighton's accommodation slightly expensive? As far as I remember it's like 102-110 per week or such...
Reply 89

Besides that, don't you guys find Brighton's accommodation slightly expensive? As far as I remember it's like 102-110 per week or such...

Phoenix Brewery - which is my first choice due to proximity to Grand Parade is 120 a week, which is absolutely extortionate!
Dude, I've just seen it on my "finding a home" guide. Placement of that venue kicks ass! - it's probably the additional reason why it costs that much.

"PB is a short walk from the seafront" - I can only image the fun of living there. :biggrin: Good for ya. :biggrin:
Reply 91
Original post by glf2110
All my results have taken longer than promised. Hang on in there.

I've been given an interview for Brighton for Thursday, woo! Any idea what the English exam is like? Just had a look at the example maths paper and seems nice. Also, what are the interviews like/ or likely to ask?
Cheers :smile:
Reply 92
Original post by £llie
I've been given an interview for Brighton for Thursday, woo! Any idea what the English exam is like? Just had a look at the example maths paper and seems nice. Also, what are the interviews like/ or likely to ask?
Cheers :smile:

Gosh, I'll try and remember. I wrote about Waterloo Road as they wanted us to write about a tv show/film that we had seen. My interviewer read it through quickly whilst I was with her so it's just to check that you can write something that makes sense, has decent structure, spelling and grammar.

The questions were just on the normal nursing sort of things. Why, what skills, in which way would you speak differently to teenagers and young children. I had the head interviewer and she was lovely. I really enjoyed the day. Good luck! Let me know how you get on. x
Reply 93
Does anyone know if the 68% is a measurement of how many students don't get halls in general, or if it's specific to just not getting their first choice?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by *Dreaming*
I've got an unconditional to study english lit and lang :smile:

What about everyone else? :smile:

i've got an unconditional for english lit and lang also!!
Reply 95
I have an unconditional for illustration, but I'm not sure as to whether to go to Falmouth instead??
Reply 96

I've got an unconditional to study english lit and lang :smile:

What about everyone else? :smile:

I've got a conditional for the same and am quite looking forwards to the coast!
Reply 97
Original post by Cuckoo91
Does anyone know if the 68% is a measurement of how many students don't get halls in general, or if it's specific to just not getting their first choice?

i'm aware of official statistics, but 32% not getting any halls (brighton uni) seems realistic to me. i know many people who went straight into an independent house organised by themselves with others in the same position. on the plus side they are saving a lot of money in comparison to halls, and aren't woken up in the early hours of the morning by a false fire alarm :wink:
Reply 98
Original post by Coral Ash
I have an unconditional for illustration, but I'm not sure as to whether to go to Falmouth instead??

Falmouth? If you mean Falmer then, then that campus is about 20 mins by bus (no. 25) to Grande Parade where Illustration (Faculty of Arts) is based. I can't see any benefits of applying for accomodation in Falmer in such a situation.
Reply 99
Original post by am448
Falmouth? If you mean Falmer then, then that campus is about 20 mins by bus (no. 25) to Grande Parade where Illustration (Faculty of Arts) is based. I can't see any benefits of applying for accomodation in Falmer in such a situation.

Aren't the shuttle busses they run from Falmer to the uni buildings free?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending