The Student Room Group

OCR AS - Chemistry Unit F322 - Chains, energy and resource - REVISION!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by StrawberryKoi
Yes exactly! I chose the one on the bottom left, I can't remember what the letter was though. It consisted of a C=C bond, one Hydrogen attached to each Carbon and then I think it was a CH3 group attached to each Carbon

same lol:biggrin: atleast someone agrees with me lol
Reply 1201
Original post by king1234

id cry if were both wrong lmao
id cry if were both wrong lmao

haha woooo :five:

edit: okay I just quoted the wrong reply and now I look like a retard. But anyway, don't worry we can't be! That molecule was the only one that met the E/Z criteria. I know the one next to it had a C=C double bond but the Carbon atoms were attached to different groups
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1203

edit: okay I just quoted the wrong reply and now I look like a retard. But anyway, don't worry we can't be! That molecule was the only one that met the E/Z criteria. I know the one next to it had a C=C double bond but the Carbon atoms were attached to different groups

what did you gte in f321 lol i found this paper a lot harder than past papers
what did you gte in f321 lol i found this paper a lot harder than past papers

I got a C. I got a B in the ISAs so I'm hoping to bring that C up to a B. What did you get? And same, it was pretty hard compared to last year's paper. I just hope the grade boundaries are really low :colone:
Reply 1205
i made some silly mistakes. put pyramidal instead of trigonal planar and i knew it was that but my brain was silly.

overall it was quite an alright paper! quite confident about last two questions but i know i made so many silly mistakes on the shorter questions LOL woops
Reply 1206
I got a C. I got a B in the ISAs so I'm hoping to bring that C up to a B. What did you get? And same, it was pretty hard compared to last year's paper. I just hope the grade boundaries are really low :colone:

i got a B

Totally agree, there was only one E/Z isomer and it was bottom-left, letter G. Also the question said "Identify the e/z isomer" (not isomers), so there was only 1.

Original post by bagelbe
Do you think I'll get a mark for writing that hydrolysis with Cl occurs faster as polarity decreases down the group?

No, in my notes it says polarity has no effect on the rate of hydrolysis, because C-Cl is more polar than C-Br, but reacts at a slower rate. Plus, what you said "hydrolysis with Cl occurs faster" would've lost you the mark, its the haloalkane with Br in it that will react faster.
Original post by racheatworld
Totally agree, there was only one E/Z isomer and it was bottom-left, letter G. Also the question said "Identify the e/z isomer" (not isomers), so there was only 1.

This is exactly what I was thinking! Do you by any chance remember if the enthalpy profile diagram was supposed to be endothermic or exothermic?

This is exactly what I was thinking! Do you by any chance remember if the enthalpy profile diagram was supposed to be endothermic or exothermic?

Yes, endothermic (well that's what I drew).

Ah ok thanks. :biggrin:
Reply 1211
[QUOTE="StrawberryKoi;31770689"]

endo 100 percent lol beacuse i drew exo first then was think fk me lol quickly rubbed it out then drew endothermic
Reply 1212

what did you get for the equilbruim one about pressure
can you say a mass use of methanol is esterification?
Reply 1214
No, in my notes it says polarity has no effect on the rate of hydrolysis, because C-Cl is more polar than C-Br, but reacts at a slower rate. Plus, what you said "hydrolysis with Cl occurs faster" would've lost you the mark, its the haloalkane with Br in it that will react faster.

Oh ok thanks! Only one mark though :smile: pretty sure I got the diagrams and other explanations right :smile:
guys something is kinda bugging me, for the incomplete combustion of methanol, I put:

CH3OH + 1O2 --> Co + 2H20

you reckon they'll not give me the mark because I left the one in front of 02? proper irritating me :biggrin:
How many marks was the breakdown of the ozone equations question?
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
How many marks was the breakdown of the ozone equations question?

3 marks
Reply 1218
does anyone think the grade boundaries will be lower for this one i found it harder than june2010 and jan 11 anyone agree lol if not im stuffed wont gte my A
Original post by gradu
I just added a random H atom in panic... I literally just added him in :colondollar: Carbon 13.... eughhh

OMG! Same...:colondollar:
I guess I'm not the only one...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending