The Student Room Group

Edexcel Physics Unit 6B (6PH08) Experiments!!

Heyy,
Does anyone know what experiments we have to know for Physics Unit 6B??

Scroll to see replies

All right so no one seems to care about this atm and the exam is only 2 weeks away so here is all the stuff I could find on this:

PH08 notes.pdf

Attachment not found

Physics-Practical-Alternative-SAMs.pdf

Unit 6 Exemplar.pdf

Also here are all the experiments: http://www.srepapmaxeeeerf.org/A%20L...Practicals.zip

It also helps to do the last question from all the non alternative papers for unit 6 :wink:

And for all those that wander the grade boundary for an A is 28/40 (raw)

I seriously hope this helps people with the 6PH08 paper
Reply 2
thanks for the post murderouspineapple :biggrin: .. but i didnt get anything from the note.. the paper is great..thanks again!
Original post by scoorpia
thanks for the post murderouspineapple :biggrin: .. but i didnt get anything from the note.. the paper is great..thanks again!

What didn't you get from the notes? And did you look at all the experiments in the zip?
Reply 4
yes i did.. they are all from the old syllabus ( new syllabus from 2008 is what im doing)...so its not much of help to me :frown: .. same for the notes.. im doing the alternative international physics (unit 6B).. so if u have any gd notes for that then that will be great!! ... the sample papers was great though..thanks again :smile:
Reply 5
heyy guys!

The jan11 ppr had many uncertainities!
So in one part of a Q ... do v use uncertainity = range/2 Or Just the range excluding the values that do not belong in the range?

Plz help!
It'll b really appreciated!
Reply 6
edexcel accepts both..(range/2) or just range... but to be on the safe side its more preferred to use range/2 .. coz it gives a smaller uncertainty value.. hope this helps
Reply 7
edexcel accepts both..(range/2) or just range... but to be on the safe side its more preferred to use range/2 .. coz it gives a smaller uncertainty value.. hope this helps

Thanks! So ima go for range/2 !:biggrin:
List of Experiments for Physics Unit 6B :smile:
Reply 10
thhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkksssssssss ... Vampire-Love4ever ... may god help you with all of your exams! .. lots of resources there..thanks alot

thhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkksssssssss ... Vampire-Love4ever ... may god help you with all of your exams! .. lots of resources there..thanks alot

Welcome! :h: Glad to help out!
Yes, please pray for my exams. :smile:
All the best! :h:
i am giving this exam how is everyone's preparation going?
how are you preparing?
my teacher wrote a book for this exam with lots of experiments, i will just have to revise them for my preps.
best of luck.:colone:
Original post by daughterofaprince

i am giving this exam how is everyone's preparation going?
how are you preparing?
my teacher wrote a book for this exam with lots of experiments, i will just have to revise them for my preps.
best of luck.:colone:

Hey, could you scan those notes and share them? Please?
[QUOTE="Vampire-Love4ever;31779810"]Hey, could you scan those notes and share them? Please?[/QUOTE
i will see what i can do, i don't have a scanner. and its a complete book and the answers are done in light pencils i dont think they will appear!:s-smilie:

[QUOTE="daughterofaprince;31785739"]
Original post by Vampire-Love4ever
Hey, could you scan those notes and share them? Please?[/QUOTE
i will see what i can do, i don't have a scanner. and its a complete book and the answers are done in light pencils i dont think they will appear!:s-smilie:

Take picture? Try with a few pages and upload them and then we'll see! :wink:

If that's ok with you. :smile:
Reply 16
This paper seems hard !! Especially all the combining uncertainty ones..Will they ask us to describe or carry out the steps for any experiments or is it like chemistry ?
Original post by warkan

Original post by warkan
This paper seems hard !! Especially all the combining uncertainty ones..Will they ask us to describe or carry out the steps for any experiments or is it like chemistry ?

I find this much tougher then Chemistry.
Reply 18
Original post by Vampire-Love4ever

I find this much tougher then Chemistry.

I agree too ! especially the uncertainty bit in physics is so ambiguous ! :frown:
Reply 19
i find chemistry one harder.. coz it has alot of chemical test to remember!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending