The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Champions. League. Final.

:biggrin:

me too but at home not in the pub. Will be imbibing a wee red vino right enough! :biggrin:
I am going to go see hangover 2.

Anyone seen it. Is it any good?
Reply 2282
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
Champions. League. Final.

:biggrin:

hell Yea! Gonna do some uni shopping then Maybe go to town to watch it on the big screen. :biggrin:
Reply 2283
Original post by firestar101
I am going to go see hangover 2.

Anyone seen it. Is it any good?

it should be. I'm gonna book a tickets now for xMEN. Comes out Wednesday 241 day so seats'll go quick!
Original post by sweetchilli
Nope...and bitch-slapped!

Sorry :getmecoat:
Reply 2285
Original post by dmz
didn't know you were still on here :tongue:

Hi - yes, I pop back and see how the regulars are getting on from time to time. Wish you could get a magic phone call too like gbman. Do Glasgow have a waiting list?

One of my daughter's friends is on the Edinburgh waiting list so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her too.

Daughter has applied to Devonshire s/catered. She's in the middle of revision but her exams are well into June. Good luck for your resits.
revision is killing me, knowing i have to aim for A*s and cant just relax and scrape 3As... ffffuuuuuuuuuuuu
Reply 2287
Original post by Mother2
Hi - yes, I pop back and see how the regulars are getting on from time to time. Wish you could get a magic phone call too like gbman. Do Glasgow have a waiting list?

One of my daughter's friends is on the Edinburgh waiting list so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her too.

Daughter has applied to Devonshire s/catered. She's in the middle of revision but her exams are well into June. Good luck for your resits.

Aw. I wish, though it'd really confuse things for me. Glasgow gave me a feedback today and it was just a general response which was disappointing

none of mine have waiting lists. I hope she gets in

Oh right, hope she gets it. I went for tannery s/catered, seemed to be the most practical. She seems quite smart so i wouldn't worry too much :smile:. I only did 1 and the exam bored made a mistake, wondering how it'll turn out but I'd like the scholarship money :biggrin:
Reply 2288
You should be sure of getting into the Tannery.
Hope you do get the scholarship - if the exam board made a mistake then they should be super-lenient.
Reply 2289
Original post by Mother2
You should be sure of getting into the Tannery.
Hope you do get the scholarship - if the exam board made a mistake then they should be super-lenient.

it seems really practical. The social aspect is down to the committee. Yea on an 8mark question too, luckily i didn't spent too long on it when my answer was similar to expected but not the same :smile: started any of the shopping for uni yet?
Original post by dmz
Aw. I wish, though it'd really confuse things for me. Glasgow gave me a feedback today and it was just a general response which was disappointing

none of mine have waiting lists. I hope she gets in

Oh right, hope she gets it. I went for tannery s/catered, seemed to be the most practical. She seems quite smart so i wouldn't worry too much :smile:. I only did 1 and the exam bored made a mistake, wondering how it'll turn out but I'd like the scholarship money :biggrin:

Not had my feedback yet, and I swear to God, if it's just a general feedback I am complaining. They **** up my interview and now I won't even get to learn anything from it.

I swear to God, Dundee is my first choice for next year. They have (so far) been the only university to treat me with any sort of respect. **** you Glasgow.
Reply 2291
Original post by Harbour Seal
Not had my feedback yet, and I swear to God, if it's just a general feedback I am complaining. They **** up my interview and now I won't even get to learn anything from it.

I swear to God, Dundee is my first choice for next year. They have (so far) been the only university to treat me with any sort of respect. **** you Glasgow.

sort off. 4 boxes and they said you did less well in this then 4 ticks in each. Knew it was bull**** because at least two of them i was pretty good at. Curriculum and other interest. I knew everything about it, what methods, how it's used, how often. Advantages and disadvantages, number of people in a group. And as for other interest i was ****ing running semi pro, few nation finals, basketball, student council, saxophone, orienteering, acting. I'm into ****load of stuff. I just ripped it and put it in the bin. Their questions didn't question the other two much at all. But screw them haha, just gave me a chance to pick up an engineering degree as well and have a bit of fun :tongue:
Original post by dmz
sort off. 4 boxes and they said you did less well in this then 4 ticks in each. Knew it was bull**** because at least two of them i was pretty good at. Curriculum and other interest. I knew everything about it, what methods, how it's used, how often. Advantages and disadvantages, number of people in a group. And as for other interest i was ****ing running semi pro, few nation finals, basketball, student council, saxophone, orienteering, acting. I'm into ****load of stuff. I just ripped it and put it in the bin. Their questions didn't question the other two much at all. But screw them haha, just gave me a chance to pick up an engineering degree as well and have a bit of fun :tongue:

They do not deserve you, blood. :redface:
Reply 2293
Original post by dmz

Saxophonists FTW.
Reply 2294
Original post by Braddd
Saxophonists FTW.

gave it up tho, lol, never got to practice cos it's loud. Got a guitar I'm learning now but improv is brilliant on a sax!
Original post by dmz
did anyone do D1 on OCR today?

I'm two days late for this but yeh I did it. It was a complete joke with question 6(ii) and the fact that the marks only added up to 70 rather than the 72 two at the front of the paper lol I was sat in the exam for ages trying to do that Q6 one, and I did start to wonder in the exam whether they were wrong or not, but I'm pleased they've now come out and admitted it was an incorrect answer.

At least you don't need to do well in it with your conditional offer and all :smile: I know some people who are proper stressing out over it beucase they're placce at uni depends on it :/

Man OCr need to get their act together! lol
Original post by twelve
Hmm, I don't know how long it would take - but I guess say they need two references, why don't you ask your references whether they've filled anything out for you yet? I don't know really, but two weeks sounds like a while, but if they are quite busy, it wouldn't surprise me.

Also, about the hours - are they fixed hours? Or could you try and swap with someone else?

I really don't know why its taking so long, it didn't take long for them to get back to me re the interview/their decision..

And yeah it is fixed hours 37.5 which is pretty much full time and permenant.
Last exam tomorrow! Woohoo!
So luckyy.. Mine don't start till week after next (not that I've done nearly enough revision though)
Reply 2299
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
So luckyy.. Mine don't start till week after next (not that I've done nearly enough revision though)

Yep same, just under two weeks til my first exam. I want them over with, but I am sooo not ready yet...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending