The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dorame
I dunno. I just don't think this theory is true, or that there's some information adding to it that hasn't been leaked yet.

Spoiler

Unless

Spoiler

Original post by squareroot1764
I'm pretty sure the Doctor started flirting with himself at some point too...

Definitely. The Doctor loves himself. I loved it when the two Doctors were talking. It was a bit like Fred and George Weasley, only a billion times more fantastic. :biggrin:
Original post by squareroot1764
I'm pretty sure the Doctor started flirting with himself at some point too...

I was hoping they would kiss :colondollar:
Original post by Oncoming Storm
On Doctor Who? It's a kids TV show, it's supposed to be scary, not morally suspect.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. It's not gonna be that because Doctor Who is a kids show! :smile:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
It makes you think. If this episode had that cliffhanger...

what is next week's game-changing and even more shocking cliffhanger going to be like? :shock:

:woo:

I wondered that too actually. It's going to destroy me. Ohhh! Too many unanswered questions! Next week is going to be a complete and utter mind-**** and I will probably never think rationally again. I suppose we'd better keep watching, this should be....spectacular. :wink:
Reply 3485
Might be a bit of a long shot/been discussed before but:

silence in the library

impossible astronaut

minus the the tube things on the astronaut suit...
she killed 'the best man she ever knew' (or something along those lines)...
Mr Ape, have you got the sentence for this weeks episode?
I currently have two pet theories regarding River's identity - first, she's Madame Kovarian's daughter. She meets the Doctor et al and runs away with them.

Second (and far more Moffaty): Amy has been impregnated with the Master's DNA, and River is her child - who will go on to hook up with her father's enemy and her mother's imaginary friend. I think that would carry the risk of annoying the Doctor.
Reply 3488
Original post by emi_sarb
Unless

Spoiler

I know Stephen Moffat is a bit crazy, but I don't think he'd make it that complicated.
Original post by Stargatecrazy
Yeah that's what I'm saying. It's not gonna be that because Doctor Who is a kids show! :smile:

No, I know it won't. They pushed enough boundaries when Amy asked the Doctor for a one night stand. What a scandal that made. :lol: Although when I was little that would have gone over my head, in all probability.
Reply 3490
Left pretty confused by tonights episode so can I just clarify that after Amy got taken by the Silents they never really gave her back but gave back a ganger form as they had that technology, I think in one episode the Doctor said something about it being ancient technology, and that the Silents are the reason why she is pregnant?
There is a screensaver if anyone wants it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110528_02

It's just a pregnancy scan though :/
Original post by bagelbe

Original post by bagelbe
aha yes! Maybe it's intentional? Hmmmmmmmmm...

Pond is river's mother :O

jiggity giggity I'm a genius.

If that turns out to be right I'm going to reward myself with copious amounts of cake.
:lol: Wonder why you got negged for that? Ah well...haters gonna hate. But yeah, when he started saying breathe I was thinking "She's pregnant, and he knows." and then when he said "Push, but only when she tells you to." I was like "Yes!! Theory proved." Not that it was much of a theory but still, take your victories where you can get them. I don't even worry about Rory dying anymore, it happens so often.

Wat the hek? Lol, i think i got negged by a Rory obsessed person...

SORRY, WHOEVER YOU ARE WHO NEGGED ME.....HE ISN'T A CAT. (More a kitten:wink: )

Haters gonna hate, and we hate the haters. That's my mottos. Don't ask.

First, i thought omg omg how can she be NEGATIVE/POSITIVE? How is that possible?! But now i realise that she was positive when she was locked up, but negative when she was the flesh thingy. Bleurgh. Lol, dw, my sister thought that she was pregnant with an alien baby but also not pregnant at the same time with an alien baby. At least you're theory was proved :biggrin:

Lets just forget Rory...IT AIN'T EVEN YOUR BABY!!! Muhaha :fangs:
Definitely. The Doctor loves himself. I loved it when the two Doctors were talking. It was a bit like Fred and George Weasley, only a billion times more fantastic. :biggrin:

It was more fantastic because the Doctor was REALLY talking to himself (ie Matt Smith was acting against himself) but Fred and George are actually seperate people (the Phelps twins) :biggrin:
Original post by Kieran?

silence in the library

impossible astronaut

It wouldn't be River as she would have know in the episode that it was her and wouldn't be all shocked....though she did say 'Of course' after she missed shooting the astronaut....

Also people, both Amy and River felt sick because they saw Silence. Amy says sometimes after you see them you feel a bit sick but not always. They weren't stomach pains then :smile:
Original post by Undulipodia
I currently have two pet theories regarding River's identity - first, she's Madame Kovarian's daughter. She meets the Doctor et al and runs away with them.

Second (and far more Moffaty): Amy has been impregnated with the Master's DNA, and River is her child - who will go on to hook up with her father's enemy and her mother's imaginary friend. I think that would carry the risk of annoying the Doctor.

The Master!!!! If that happened my life would be bloody complete. Honestly I think I would just die there and then. It would be the most brilliant, spectacular, fantastic, wibbly wobbly timey wimey episode ever.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Well this would fit with my theory :p:

What is your theory? :teeth:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I'm pretty sure the other one was pretending not to have it so strong. :dontknow:

:yep: That makes sense.
Original post by Kieran?

silence in the library

impossible astronaut

Two characters had space suits?! On a sci-fi show?! No way can that be a coincidence!!!

Sarcasm aside, those spacesuits are completely different other than both being white (which is a pretty standard colour for spacesuits). It may have been River, but I don't see how those two photos can in any way act as proof of that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Calimboness
It was more fantastic because the Doctor was REALLY talking to himself (ie Matt Smith was acting against himself) but Fred and George are actually seperate people (the Phelps twins) :biggrin:

I was thinking that. It must have been so weird for Matt Smith, that's all I could think about. I then started to think about what it would be like to meet myself. I've decided that if one of us had their back to the other, then one of our immediate reactions would be "Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?!"

Latest