The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Oncoming Storm
The Master!!!! If that happened my life would be bloody complete. Honestly I think I would just die there and then. It would be the most brilliant, spectacular, fantastic, wibbly wobbly timey wimey episode ever.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, River looks a bit like Master, or is it my imagination? It would be brilliant if Master came back :moon: His evil laughter has no rivals!
Original post by emi_sarb
Unless

Spoiler

River is a Ganger too and is also giving birth? :redface:
Maaaahhhh this was so good!

And now the doctor knows that he dies...I'm assuming he went ape **** on Amy to shut her up because he knows it was something he shouldn't know.

Can't wait for next week, had a mini-panic that this was the end of the first half of this series but saw the 'next week' thing and it was fine :sexface: ahhh!

I don't think the good man River kills is the doctor, it seems too obvious. But then if she kills Rory it'll just be like "meh" because Rory dies all the time nobody can take it seriously.
We saw the red ballooooooon :biggrin:
Because this is Rivers last series [right, I didn't just pull this fact out my ass did i?] does that mean we'll see the vashta nerada again?
(btw, the vashta nerada are the best in rock paper scissors.)

also, I'm reading the Forest of the Dead article in Dr Who Wiki, and I found this little charmer: "River refers to the Doctor as an "impossible man", echoing similar sentiments by Agatha Christie."

I know, I know, the term 'impossible man' is probably like the Amy saying rory just fell from the sky, but stiiilll......
I currently have two pet theories regarding River's identity - first, she's Madame Kovarian's daughter. She meets the Doctor et al and runs away with them.

Second (and far more Moffaty): Amy has been impregnated with the Master's DNA, and River is her child - who will go on to hook up with her father's enemy and her mother's imaginary friend. I think that would carry the risk of annoying the Doctor.

First theory I highly doubt.

Second theory would be rather good actually. Would make sense as to why River can speak the Doctor's name (isn't gallifreyan, especially the names, meant to be impossible for a human to speak?) if she was part time lady :smile: And this would be a good thing to hurt the doctor in the next episode but not stop the supposed relationship. Only doubt is I don't think they'd bring the Master back (again) so soon.... :s-smilie:
Original post by Don'tNod

What is your theory? :teeth:

That they didn't actually swap shoes. Although no-one seems to agree with me :getmecoat:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx

Rule number one is that the doctor lies.

Maybe the two didn't switch shoes? :holmes:

Then the real doctor melted.

How unfortunate.
Original post by Tasneemo
Because this is Rivers last series [right, I didn't just pull this fact out my ass did i?] does that mean we'll see the vashta nerada again?

also, I'm reading the Forest of the Dead article in Dr Who Wiki, and I found this little charmer: "River refers to the Doctor as an "impossible man", echoing similar sentiments by Agatha Christie."

I know, I know, the term 'impossible man' is probably like the Amy saying rory just fell from the sky, but stiiilll......

It's River's last series??!?!?! :eek: Reference/link to evidence for this please!! :s-smilie:
Original post by Kieran?
Might be a bit of a long shot/been discussed before but:

she killed 'the best man she ever knew' (or something along those lines)...

are u saying she kills da doctor...
cos i knw where ur coming frm...
Original post by Oncoming Storm
I was thinking that. It must have been so weird for Matt Smith, that's all I could think about. I then started to think about what it would be like to meet myself. I've decided that if one of us had their back to the other, then one of our immediate reactions would be "Is that really what my hair looks like from the back?!"

I was thinking the exact same thing. It would be so cool if it were really possible to meet yourself, but kind of spooky too, as you would both know what each of you is most likely to say! *sigh* if only sci-fi were real...

Also, I totally agree with your Master comment. John Simm and the Master are too awesome to have words describe them XD If he was to come back I would pass out from excitement :biggrin:
Original post by TulipFields
Hmmm, now that I think about it, River looks a bit like Master, or is it my imagination? It would be brilliant if Master came back :moon: His evil laughter has no rivals!

Oh, she really does! It's true. I was watching...now where was it? Aha. This scene here.

I was saying the whole thing with him, it was rather tragic.

"That's your secret weapon? Prayer?" That line makes me day, his voice goes so weird. :lol: And the evil grin in general...:coma:

And of course, when he's singing along to scissor sisters. :lol:
Original post by TulipFields
Nah, I don't suspect you, you were fairly nice to me before :colondollar:

Hehe I am nice :tongue:
Original post by imperial maniac

How unfortunate.

But they did say something about "maybe there's a way back out of this"

Maybe he knew there was and wanted to be on his own to get stuff sorted out, just like he did at the beginning of the episode :dontknow:

Still, doubt it's true :dontknow:
Original post by Calimboness
I was thinking the exact same thing. It would be so cool if it were really possible to meet yourself, but kind of spooky too, as you would both know what each of you is most likely to say! *sigh* if only sci-fi were real...

Also, I totally agree with your Master comment. John Simm and the Master are too awesome to have words describe them XD If he was to come back I would pass out from excitement :biggrin:

Definitely. Really must watch the classic episodes to see the old Master, although none are as gorgeous as John Simm. :lol:
That they didn't actually swap shoes. Although no-one seems to agree with me :getmecoat:

:curious: Wouldn't that mean

Original post by imperial maniac

How unfortunate.

???
river killing best man she knew... it would be too obvious if it was the doctor, must be a shock twist to that! also, was is this about the red balloon? :/
Original post by _MizzTerious_
Wat the hek? Lol, i think i got negged by a Rory obsessed person...

SORRY, WHOEVER YOU ARE WHO NEGGED ME.....HE ISN'T A CAT. (More a kitten:wink: )

Haters gonna hate, and we hate the haters. That's my mottos. Don't ask.

First, i thought omg omg how can she be NEGATIVE/POSITIVE? How is that possible?! But now i realise that she was positive when she was locked up, but negative when she was the flesh thingy. Bleurgh. Lol, dw, my sister thought that she was pregnant with an alien baby but also not pregnant at the same time with an alien baby. At least you're theory was proved :biggrin:

Lets just forget Rory...IT AIN'T EVEN YOUR BABY!!! Muhaha :fangs:

Hahaha. I do love Rory though, he gets more brilliant with each episode. And yeah, at least now I know how she was negative/positive, I had wondered a little.
Reply 3517
so the doctor spent the whole episode telling them the clones were people to and then killed the clone Amy

:curious: Wouldn't that mean???

See two posts above yours :p:
Original post by Tasneemo

When I saw the red balloon I was immediately reminded of Human Nature/Family of Blood, but I doubt there's any relevance there... :smile:

BUT WAIT. IT'S RIVER'S LAST SERIES?? THIS CANNOT BE. HOW DID YOU FIND THIS OUT????
So are we going to see her wen she first meets the Doctor??

Latest