The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cadaeibfeceh
LOL yeah my gf and I were discussing this the other day... I've seen Audition and Ichi The Killer and I'm currently playing Ace Attorney 2 so... I see very little correlation here! He's calling it a "light comedy" apparently, which from him just means that we'll see all the murders graphically I imagine.

With some random 50 year old who looks like a bodybuilder...... because his face didn't look like it was digitally imposed on lol

LOL yeah my gf and I were discussing this the other day... I've seen Audition and Ichi The Killer and I'm currently playing Ace Attorney 2 so... I see very little correlation here! He's calling it a "light comedy" apparently, which from him just means that we'll see all the murders graphically I imagine.

I've played the first Ace Attorney and I really failed to see the appeal. I found it frustratingly limited and just a case of clicking everything rather than logically working anything out. Don't really understand the mass love it has.
Original post by lukejoshjedi

Original post by lukejoshjedi
]http://poptimal.com/2011/05/priest-movie-review-a-god-awful-mess/

Priest review.... can't say I'm surprised, still want to see it anyway

Aye. Despite it looking awful I still look that type of film. Plus Paul Bettany is :awesome:
Sort your linking out, btw :tongue:
Original post by Phalanges

Original post by Phalanges
Two pieces of trivia I've learnt today:

2. James Woods fired his agent after hearing that he'd been offered a role in Reservoir Dogs but wasn't told about it.

I'm surprised he didn't do the guy in, what a trick missed!
Reply 2004
About to (finally) sit down and watch Inception.

You know, that film with Leonardo DiCaprio? Came out in 2009? Not really much media coverage, but it did quite well at the last Oscars? I'll repeat it for those that don't know what I'm talking about: "In - cep - tion".
Original post by zjs
About to (finally) sit down and watch Inception.

You know, that film with Leonardo DiCaprio? Came out in 2009? Not really much media coverage, but it did quite well at the last Oscars? I'll repeat it for those that don't know what I'm talking about: "In - cep - tion".

You're not getting out of your late-viewing guilt by being funny :tongue:
Reply 2006
You're not getting out of your late-viewing guilt by being funny :tongue:

I'll absolve myself by pointing out that it'll be the 167th film from the imdb "Top 250" that I'll have watched.
Original post by zjs
I'll absolve myself by pointing out that it'll be the 167th film from the imdb "Top 250" that I'll have watched.

OK yeah got me there
Reply 2008
At the risk of reiterating what a lot of people have already said (albeit it two years back), I thought Inception was immense. Totally enthralling, unlike anything I'd ever seen and a wickedly clever concept that - unlike The Matrix - was virtually free of pseudo-psychological bull.
Reply 2009
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The OP

Perhaps it'd be best to introduce a (set at a very low threshold) qualifying criteria to make it onto the list of posters in the previous thread? Such as at least five posts? I think two should be the minimum really, just because it shows a poster has actually returned to the thread.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49824

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer leaked. Holds absolutely no interest for me, but some of you are probably into it :dontknow: Godawful Immigrant Song cover.
Reply 2011
Now that I'm free until September I'm going to crack on with the IMDB Top 250. Perhaps Annie Hall later on tonight.

(I also have still not seen Inception. :ninja:)
Reply 2012
I just watched Cedar Rapids (which I actually really enjoyed). Now I kind of have a thing for Anne Heche.
Reply 2013
Original post by aja89
Now that I'm free until September I'm going to crack on with the IMDB Top 250. Perhaps Annie Hall later on tonight.

(I also have still not seen Inception. :ninja:)

Watch it. :yes:
Original post by Christien
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49824

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trailer leaked. Holds absolutely no interest for me, but some of you are probably into it :dontknow: Godawful Immigrant Song cover.

:coma:
What's the big deal with the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo anyway? In a nutshell?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

It is a very good book series which was then made into three very good films. The books are well worth a read and the films are well worth a watch.

Fincher's version should be no exception to this.
(edited 12 years ago)
Kill Bill :coma:
Ape Gone Insane

Original post by cambo211
It is a very good book series which was then made into three very good films. The books are well worth a read and the films are well worth a watch.

Fincher's version should be no exception to this.

Speaking of Fincher's version, the first trailer leaked today:

The music in it is a cover of Led Zep's 'Immigrant Song' by Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails - also the scorer of the movie) and Karen O (of Yeah Yeah Yeahs). Looks awesome.
Original post by ajp100688
Speaking of Fincher's version, the first trailer leaked today:

The music in it is a cover of Led Zep's 'Immigrant Song' by Trent Reznor (of Nine Inch Nails - also the scorer of the movie) and Karen O (of Yeah Yeah Yeahs). Looks awesome.

Someone posted it on the last page :tongue:

Thats how the discussion came about :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending