The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by daemongreen
Do you really only need a U? It would mean that you must have got 100 percent in every single module excluding about 6 marks overall. With them results, realistically, you could obtain an A grade by getting 40 - 41 percent in the crime and deviance paper. I just find it hard to believe that you have got basically 100 percent in every paper so far. Maybe I'm just jealous lol, but it obviously is hard to believe. Are you doing sociology at university?

Yup, lost 8 marks over 3 papers! No, I'm doing psychology but I'm thinking of reapplying for social sciences as I do enjoy sociology.
Reply 61
Original post by Noodlzzz
I make these for each exam and using these solely, I haven't got less than 96% :P

OMG these are sick, im like sending it to all my friends and stuff LOL. Have you done beliefs ones by any chance? :P If so can you upload?

EDIT: found them... wow. THANKS!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 62
Original post by hardz21
OMG these are sick, im like sending it to all my friends and stuff LOL. Have you done beliefs ones by any chance? :P If so can you upload?

EDIT: found them... wow. THANKS!

No problem, glad I could help!
Reply 63
I make these for each exam and using these solely, I haven't got less than 96% :P

NOODLZZZZ I actually love you deeply for those notes, Plz marry me :smile:
No problem, glad I could help!

This man is the Jesus of A level sociology lol

Any chance you still got your media notes? I would appreciate if you could upload them if you have, as your other notes really helped :biggrin:
This man is the Jesus of A level sociology lol

Any chance you still got your media notes? I would appreciate if you could upload them if you have, as your other notes really helped :biggrin:

:O OMG!? Does Noodlez have Mass Media notes?!
Original post by Irishmonkey1992
:O OMG!? Does Noodlez have Mass Media notes?!

Haha thats what I was hoping :tongue: What grade are you aiming for in mass media? because I could add you on msn and we could do some revision/ peer testing in chat?
I done it for politics last year and got an A with some girl lol, and shes now at cambridge xD
Haha thats what I was hoping :tongue: What grade are you aiming for in mass media? because I could add you on msn and we could do some revision/ peer testing in chat?
I done it for politics last year and got an A with some girl lol, and shes now at cambridge xD

I think Noodlezz did Beliefs of Society (or something like that) for unit 3 instead of Mass Media :frown:

Well, I would love to get the highest grade possible - an A. This would better my chances of securing a grade B or higher, which I need for my Firm. My absolute target is a B though.

As I'm retaking Crime & Deviance as well, I will need to get a B in it as well to get an overall B. In saying that, I have never achieved an A in Sociology, I find the two B's I got at AS were a matter of winning the lottery unfortunately.

Oh really? Yeah, I would definitely be up for that. Send me a private message with your MSN addy in it :smile:
Reply 68
<3 talked about in 3rd person, I feel special :wink:

Nope, no mass media I'm afraid, and I'm a girl!
Reply 69
does anyone have the paper form Jan 2011 , or know the questions just trying to plan wat to revise the most for :smile: thanks in advance
Reply 70
Ann Oakley? Is that you?

no its henry and milovanovic.
How is everyone getting on?
Reply 72
How is everyones revision coming along.. I've actually just started as my other exams have finished, far too much to take in don't know how i am going to do it!
Original post by sweetpea11
How is everyones revision coming along.. I've actually just started as my other exams have finished, far too much to take in don't know how i am going to do it!

I know how you feel. I am beginning to view Sociology as this death subject, that I just cant get my head around. Theres soooooo much to learn :frown:
Reply 74
Its horrible i have to get at least 80 to even think about getting into university:frown: any predictions?
Reply 75
Crime and Deviance takes a lot of work to be fair. As Research Methods was in our exam last year we've been told we dont even need to revise it this year which makes sense, because there'd too much to revise to cover every possible question, and plus its just common sense anyway that you can blag in the exam. Similarly for Media I find that it's just common sense, I like many people here have 6 exams to be revising for but I honestly don't believe much work needs to go into Media for a top grade. Like last year, night before revision got me 100% for family, go on the advice of other posters in this thread on exam technique and it'll be fine :biggrin:
Original post by JackT180
Crime and Deviance takes a lot of work to be fair. As Research Methods was in our exam last year we've been told we dont even need to revise it this year which makes sense, because there'd too much to revise to cover every possible question, and plus its just common sense anyway that you can blag in the exam. Similarly for Media I find that it's just common sense, I like many people here have 6 exams to be revising for but I honestly don't believe much work needs to go into Media for a top grade. Like last year, night before revision got me 100% for family, go on the advice of other posters in this thread on exam technique and it'll be fine :biggrin:

100%!? My god, what did you do exactly the night before? Have you got a photographic memory or something?

What did you get in Mass Media? I am taking Mass Media alongside my Crime & Deviance repeat, it is extremely difficult :frown: There is just sooooo much to learn in Crime & Deviance theory, never mind research methods or the entire theory for Mass Media!

Also, what exam technique are you referring to? lol
(edited 12 years ago)

What does VC in your notes stand for? lol
Reply 78
Original post by whattheheck
What does VC in your notes stand for? lol

value consensus
value consensus

Thanks!:smile: really good set of notes by the way..

Latest

Trending

Trending