The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by sportycricketer
Mr of Verdigris (without water) = 460.5

You know that 83.7% right? (100% - 16.3%)

460.5 ----- 0.837
x ----------- 1

x = 550.2

550.2 - 460.5 = 89.7

Mr of Water = 18

89.7/18 = 4.98 = 5

Hope this answers your qs :smile:

Thank you! Wow, I can do like everything else, but got stopped by that relatively simple question. :s-smilie:

Thanks! :biggrin: +1
Original post by Rosi M
Yep the january paper was very difficult. They ask you to plan an experiment! I wont tell you what 'cos there wont be any point in you doing it :tongue:

F324 went badddddd.. massive shock. Im re-sitting that. What about you?

Haha yeah! F324 was better than I thought but would have liked to have slightly more, got 77

Original post by airdoc
Thank you! Wow, I can do like everything else, but got stopped by that relatively simple question. :s-smilie:

Thanks! :biggrin: +1

no problem :smile:.. the thing with maths in the old papers is that it can either easy or very hard. How many qs have you done off the doc then? :smile:
Reply 222
scared about this exam!
Original post by peace345
scared about this exam!

It is a third synoptic, knowledge of F321, F322 and F324 is assumed:eek:
Reply 224
Original post by Sawasdee
I need 129/150 in this module to get A* T____T FML
or 110 for an A

The worst thing of this module is that you gotta remember the colors of complex ions and I can never get my head around them.
(don't want to drop any precious marks).

Revise for the half-term I suppose.

yeah i need 123 or 124 out of 150 to get an A*, and then 86 or 87 (depending on how many UMS marks i get for my practicals) for an A, so quite a big jump haha

my chemistry teacher is like convinced im gonna get an A*
he actually said 'you're guaranteed an A*' haha. i wish...
Reply 225
ARE YOU READY?!!!!!!!

Great site you should try visiting- 'the paper bank'
its absolutely amazing :wink:
Are people reviewing F324 throughly prior to reviewing F325? Considering the Synoptic nature of F325, it seems as though we'll have a huge Organic Chem question...like there was in Jan11...
Reply 227
Original post by intellectual1
It is a third synoptic, knowledge of F321, F322 and F324 is assumed:eek:

If true that sucks since my school switched boards between AS and A2 (OCR Salters to OCR A).
Original post by Tphys
If true that sucks since my school switched boards between AS and A2 (OCR Salters to OCR A).

My cousins both did OCR Salters, they did'nt like it very much at all. OCR A is hugely popular, especially so with OCR Sciences having the shorter units and OCR did'nt change much content. The old Unit 1, is still the new Unit1, whilst the old Unit 2 and 3 became the new Unit 2, with some Optional unit as part of Unit 2 as well. Similarly, the Trends and Patterns, Transition Elements, Unifying Concepts became Unit 5, whilst Chains and Spectroscopy and Methods of Analysis and Detection became Unit 4. My revision is entirely focused on doing those past papers, and then summarising each unit, according to the specification.

Thank god the weather is'nt sunny, less distracting....

There's far greater emphasis on the applying ones knowledge to unfamiliar situations in a context. There's no more textbook recall knowledge....this makes it very much so an exam assessing understanding as well as knowledge and deeper wider reading around the subject for the Stretch and Challenge questions...just take a look at the Jan11 paper....
Original post by wilsea05
yeah i need 123 or 124 out of 150 to get an A*, and then 86 or 87 (depending on how many UMS marks i get for my practicals) for an A, so quite a big jump haha

my chemistry teacher is like convinced im gonna get an A*
he actually said 'you're guaranteed an A*' haha. i wish...

You pretty much are! 124 for an A* is pretty low tbh, its like a low A!! Can I ask what did you get in F324 and in the practical out of /40?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 230
You pretty much are! 124 for an A* is pretty low tbh, its like a low A!! Can I ask what did you get in F324 and in the practical out of /40?

i got 88/90 in F324 in january and 39/40 in my practicals
what about you?
I haven't started revising for this yet, does anyone know any good sites?
Original post by lenalouiseh
I haven't started revising for this yet, does anyone know any good sites?

i got 88/90 in F324 in january and 39/40 in my practicals
what about you?

124 for an A* and 86 for an A is pretty standard ha! I got 77/90 and 36/40 :tongue: so NOT that great
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 234
124 for an A* and 86 for an A is pretty standard ha! I got 77/90 and 36/40 :tongue: so that great

ahhh wicked. you predicted an A then? i did the june 2010 F325 paper this morning, did it with 25 minutes left, got 85/100. not too bad haha
ahhh wicked. you predicted an A then? i did the june 2010 F325 paper this morning, did it with 25 minutes left, got 85/100. not too bad haha

I meant "so NOT that great" haha.. lol that's pretty good. If you get an A* in it (which you most probably will) are you gonna take a gap year? And what are you doing other than Bio and Chem? :P
can some1 help me with drawing tangents on a graph. Is it meant to just touch the concentration-time graph smoothly or what. e.g a quetion would say draw a tangent at x time. there are so many ways of drawing it so it do not how to, like should it just the graph for quite a while. HElp please
You know for the redox titration calculations in the transition metals bit, do they provide us with the relevant equations necessary to do the calculations??
Reply 238
do you think we wud have an easy paper?
Reply 239
I'm having a bit of trouble getting my head around Born-Haber cycles. I know they're used to calculate the Lattice enthalpy, but....what are they? Like, when do they take place? Do all of those reactions (First ionisation, atomisation, formation) happen whenever a lattice enthalpy is formed?
So if I reacted chlorine with potassium all this atomisation and first ionisation energy happens 'behind the scenes'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending