Grimsby
Sunderland
Dundee
Middlesbrough
Burnley
Oldham
Mansfield
Doncaster

The surrounding areas of all these places can be fine, I'm just talking about the immediate.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
stoke on trent is definitely up on the list-probably not the worst but still a vile place to live.
Reply 22
I would say wherever the ethinc minorities are at their highest percentage. This isn't a racist comment, just a lot of immigrants tend to be rather poor and go for less affluent areas.
If we were in a country where there were poor White immigrants, I'd say the same.
Original post by Thomas...
I would say wherever the ethinc minorities are at their highest percentage. This isn't a racist comment, just a lot of immigrants tend to be rather poor and go for less affluent areas.
If we were in a country where there were poor White immigrants, I'd say the same.

Hull is a well known dive, as is Sunderland and Middlesbrough - yet they are all homogenous white.
Reply 24
Original post by synopticity.
Hull is a well known dive, as is Sunderland and Middlesbrough - yet they are all homogenous white.

Oi! Middlesbrough's not that bad!

Spoiler

Does anyone else come from the hell hole that is the Boro? I've never met anyone on here who does :s-smilie::frown::smile:
Reply 25
Kirton-in-Lindsey (North Lincs/S Yorks.)

So bad that it was considered inhumane to put asylum seekers there.
Reply 27
Original post by Pandora.

Spoiler

Does anyone else come from the hell hole that is the Boro? I've never met anyone on here who does :s-smilie::frown::smile:

I'm originally from County Durham but have been to Boro a lot; while I'll agree that it doesn't deserve the reputation it has (and I personally believe it is far from worst place to live in the whole country) it isn't the nicest of areas but I have seen worse. I have friends who went to Teesside University and I thought the campus was quite nice.
Reply 28
Original post by jakeruston
I live in Rotherham and it's not THAT bad :tongue:

The town centre is appalling though.

I live at the side of Rotherham.....I can think of around 4 nice places and around 30 bad!
Reply 29

The whole city isn't a dive. The worst areas will have high percentages of ethnic minorities.
Places of notable mention...

Blackpool
Wigan
Leicester
Blackburn
Hull
Stoke
Dover
Derby
Tower Hamlets
Bradford
Birmingham
Luton
Bedford
Milton Keynes
Slough
Coventry
Wolverhampton
Rotherham
Reading
Morcambe
Henley on Thames
Sunderland
Dundee
Middlesbrough
Burnley
Oldham

The surrounding areas of all these places can be fine, I'm just talking about the immediate.

You put Milton Keynes on a par with Luton and Tower Hamlets? :eek:

I've lived in MK my whole life, certain areas can get rough, but's it's the same in any large town, generally it's a good place for young people, especially in the centre/ shopping centre.

Your opinion :smile:
Original post by Pandora.

Spoiler

My uncle lives in Boro - he tends to visit us :wink:

The countryside around it is nice though.
Original post by Niki_girl
You put Milton Keynes on a par with Luton and Tower Hamlets? :eek:

I've lived in MK my whole life, certain areas can get rough, but's it's the same in any large town, generally it's a good place for young people, especially in the centre/ shopping centre.

Your opinion :smile:

It has no soul.
Reply 33
Places of notable mention...

Henley on Thames

How on earth does Henley on Thames get on this list??
Original post by mja
How on earth does Henley on Thames get on this list??

Haha, I wasn't being serious with Henley.
(edited 12 years ago)
It has no soul.

:giggle: "no soul" lol.

Well, the place is only 20 years old, still first-generational, you have to give it a chance to develop some character/ history, and the unique perspective that it was a "concept" town :biggrin:
Anywhere in England south of Birmingham. It's souless, bland and full of egg-chasing, fox hunting, tory supporting scum who think they're better than everybody else. - And I should know I was born and grew up here.
Reply 37
Hemel Hempstead. Ughhh.
Reply 38
Belfast
East Glasgow
Reply 39
Croydon.

Quick Reply

Latest