The Student Room Group

Worst place in the UK to live?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Clip
Kirton-in-Lindsey (North Lincs/S Yorks.)

So bad that it was considered inhumane to put asylum seekers there.

?? Just google mapped it and it looks quite nice.
Reply 41
i'll tell you the worst place to live in the UK

places where council houses are

glasgow-parkhead,sighthill, gunthlorpe , easterhouse, govanhill etc

parts of south london,

parts of manchester

these areas are were drugs, people on the dole que and jobless people with no education
Reply 42
Original post by synopticity.
?? Just google mapped it and it looks quite nice.

Only landmark of distinction was a chicken factory that spewed the constant smell of death all over.

Biblical plagues of bugs every summer.

Only features of the town were a Spar that was never open and a kebab shop that would need Hans Blix to do a health inspection.

Girls all trying to pregnant or get out.

The only source of economy was the Army Base, which closed down a few years back, leaving the place a desolate wasteland.
Original post by Clip
Only landmark of distinction was a chicken factory that spewed the constant smell of death all over.

Biblical plagues of bugs every summer.

Only features of the town were a Spar that was never open and a kebab shop that would need Hans Blix to do a health inspection.

Girls all trying to pregnant or get out.

The only source of economy was the Army Base, which closed down a few years back, leaving the place a desolate wasteland.

lmao fair enough

it looks quite nice on here http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Kirton-in-Lindsey&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:redface:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&hl=en&biw=1366&bih=546&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il I mean it's a small village right? You can't really expect skyscrapers..
Reply 44
UK is a crap place to live.
Haha, I was being serious with Henley.

It isn't that bad :smile:

I'd say the worst is anywhere north of the M6 Spaghetti Junction.

Having said that there are many places in London that would definitely rank far worse.
This is very subjective and depends what you are looking for in a place. For me I don't feel comfortable living in a isolated small town or the countryside so for me they would be places I would not choose to live. I would much prefer to live in a tough city.
Original post by Erich Hartmann
It isn't that bad :smile:

I'd say the worst is anywhere north of the M6 Spaghetti Junction.

Having said that there are many places in London that would definitely rank far worse.

that should have said wasn't, Henley seems a fairly nice market town with a big river (didn't G. Harrison live there?)
Central/North Wales
Reply 49
Coventry
Original post by Pandora.
Oi! Middlesbrough's not that bad!

Spoiler

Does anyone else come from the hell hole that is the Boro? I've never met anyone on here who does :s-smilie::frown::smile:

I live out in the country but fairly near to the Boro! It's a horrible place :P
Reply 51
Original post by .Scout.
Hemel Hempstead. Ughhh.

I can vouch for this. Though I would say it's the worst it's definitely up there.
that should have said wasn't, Henley seems a fairly nice market town with a big river (didn't G. Harrison live there?)

He used to :smile:

The market isn't all that fantastic these days. No longer what it used to be.
Reply 53
Original post by Fish&Chips
Central/North Wales

Yea Rhyl, Bangor and Holyhead are crap places
Reply 54
Original post by fire2burn
Stoke-on-Trent, it's an absolute **** hole. I die a little inside every time I visit people there.

And as if this wasn't bad enough we go and produce Robbie Williams !
Reply 55
Original post by adam*
I can vouch for this. Though I would say it's the worst it's definitely up there.

Ooooh, are you from Hemel? I'm actually from Berkhamsted :smug: but I just die a little inside every time I take a trip to Hemel.
Can't really judge as I haven't been to every place in the UK. However from the places I've been* Hackney and Tower Hamlets are pretty bad.

*I've been to:
In England; Birmingham, Rochester, Newcastle, Hull, London, Southampton, South end, Manchester and Liverpool.
In Scotland; Aberdeen, Glasgow, the places where you can get a ferry to NI but not stayed in any of them long enough to judge.
In Wale: No where.
In Cornwall. Near lands end.
NI: Ballycastle, Belfast, Ballymena, Ballymoney, Coleraine, Portrush, Rathlin, Bushmills.

Edit: I'm sorry Mr/Ms neg people but I can say the places I've lived (and I'll still be living in Tower Hamlets until September) are **** places if I want to.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 57
Original post by Danny.
No fees, u mad????

I cannot rep this hard enough :biggrin:
Reply 58
Original post by 01jtiong
i'll tell you the worst place to live in the UK

places where council houses are

glasgow-parkhead,sighthill, gunthlorpe , easterhouse, govanhill etc

parts of south london,

parts of manchester

these areas are were drugs, people on the dole que and jobless people with no education

You forgot Feagie (Ferguslie) Park :P
well, it's not Glasgow I guess, it's Paisley :P
Reply 59
Original post by .Scout.
Ooooh, are you from Hemel? I'm actually from Berkhamsted :smug: but I just die a little inside every time I take a trip to Hemel.

I am indeed from Hemel :frown:. I take trip into Berko a lot and I hate to break it to you but I don't think that Berkhamstead is much better :colone: LOL.

Quick Reply

Latest