The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

More rumours: Gervinho has accepted Newcastle's contract offer. Probably nonsense, but who knows.
Reply 21
Original post by Karma Charger
More rumours: Gervinho has accepted Newcastle's contract offer. Probably nonsense, but who knows.

Fingers crossed.

Shola's contract is up next year. Wonder if he'll be offered a new deal?
Reply 22
We should be offering him a new deal but then again we should be doing our best to keep Barton :frown:
Really bad rumours flying about saying Titus Bramble died last night?!
Reply 24

youtube compilations of him are :coma:
No he said he's fine...
Reply 26
Apparently Titus Bramble is dead??

:frown:
Original post by Zionic
Apparently Titus Bramble is dead??

:frown:

No he's fine. Just tweeted.
Reply 28
Okay, maybe not, thank god.

@19tmb
titus bramble
What nasty bastard starts a vicious rumour like that? Me and @tunni89 are both fine and well and not been killed in a car crash

http://twitter.com/#!/19tmb/status/74938110303154176
Reply 29
Bramble ain't dead but he got a 12 month driving ban, or so I've read.

I'm really getting sick of Ashley again now, we need to get Barton and Nolan new contracts, Barton was perhaps our best player of the season how can we just let him go on a free next year. He's said on twitter he hasn't even received an offer so not looking too good... The sooner we get a change of board the better, but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon as long as he is making money from the club I can't see him selling it unless someone comes in with an outrageous bid.

Hope the rumours about us signing Yohan Cabaye are true, it will be difficult for us to sign players of that quality with Mike Ashley refusing to pay any players above a certain wage, I really can't see us signing Gervinho, he said he wants champions league football and I'm sure an offer will come in from a side that is in it sometime in the near future; he was great for Lille last season. Would be awesome if we did though.
Reply 30
Original post by Steven
Bramble ain't dead but he got a 12 month driving ban, or so I've read.

I'm really getting sick of Ashley again now, we need to get Barton and Nolan new contracts, Barton was perhaps our best player of the season how can we just let him go on a free next year. He's said on twitter he hasn't even received an offer so not looking too good... The sooner we get a change of board the better, but it doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon as long as he is making money from the club I can't see him selling it unless someone comes in with an outrageous bid.

Hope the rumours about us signing Yohan Cabaye are true, it will be difficult for us to sign players of that quality with Mike Ashley refusing to pay any players above a certain wage, I really can't see us signing Gervinho, he said he wants champions league football and I'm sure an offer will come in from a side that is in it sometime in the near future; he was great for Lille last season. Would be awesome if we did though.

Nolan has two years left, there's no need to give him a new contract at all. The Barton situation is a shame, but I really can't see him and Nolan both being first choice next season anyway. The Cabaye deal has been confirmed now aswell so that's at least him and Ben Arfa taking up two midfield positions already. Plus with the Gervinho/N'Zogbia speculation it would appear we're looking for another pacy winger.
Some info on your new signing from a Lille fan who's looked at him for several years :

So for all Newcastle fans - Yohan Cabaye. Midfielder, box to box, lovely passer of the ball, excellent at finding space

Usually scores 10+ goals in a season, is physically tough, works very hard for his team, not afraid to get stuck in. Great right foot

Has scored some great FK's in the past and will be a big loss to Lille
Reply 32
Original post by Vintage
Why the name change V1ny?

Let the spam begin.

& i shall stick all those photo's/gifs onto the opening thread.

Bartons tweets are interesting. I hope we have a turn around and sign him up.
This Cabaye looks a brilliant player though but he'd take awhile to settle.

I wouldn't mind going for Nigel Reo-Coker. He's better than Smith and Guthrie. If we could offload Smith even for free. We'd save on his 50k+ a week wages & get Reo-Coker for half that a week.

Reo-Coker :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cabaye is an awesome player.
Reply 33
mmm i think Ranger is good.
Reply 34
Nile Ranger (a striker) has scored 3 goals in 58 apps :toofunny:
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
Some info on your new signing from a Lille fan who's looked at him for several years :

So for all Newcastle fans - Yohan Cabaye. Midfielder, box to box, lovely passer of the ball, excellent at finding space

Usually scores 10+ goals in a season, is physically tough, works very hard for his team, not afraid to get stuck in. Great right foot

Has scored some great FK's in the past and will be a big loss to Lille

Is this you? http://twitter.com/#!/gibfootballshow
Reply 36
And they say Nile Ranger was a wise signing :confused:
Nile Ranger is awful
Reply 38
Ranger needs a season out on loan really, he's showed glimpses of ability but always looks better coming from the bench.

Really impressed by the Cabaye deal, could be a big influence on other potential signings and retaining some of our better players.

Reo-Coker is an abomination of a footballer though, being better than Smith should not be any grounds to sign a player.

No, but that's the follower who i got the info from.

Latest