The Student Room Group

Geordie Shore

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I said 'In there like swimwear' yesterday, this show is affecting me :frown:
Reply 101
hate it when they say: "A real geordie lad has a tan", what? if you were a lad and had a fake tan in Newcastle you would get laughed at.
what silly whores. literally. the guys are messed in the head too. this is shameful to britain.
Original post by Wattsy
Those phrases are Geordie youth sociolect
, in York we have slightly different ones, in London where my cousins are they are different again, i'll never understand calling someone a 'grenade' unless they had a hair trigger temper.

As a geordie, I can assure you they're not.
Reply 104
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
As a geordie, I can assure you they're not.

Darn in York people are not mortal they are hardcore, we aren't on it like a bonnet we get amongst it. I like these Geordie Shore terms though
Reply 105
****ing shite. I'll probably be in an episode getting a drink thrown over me by the lasses because they took offense to me saying they were a great representation of Newcastle (after my mate called them dirty sluts :biggrin:).
Reply 106
Original post by FluxD

Original post by FluxD
****ing shite. I'll probably be in an episode getting a drink thrown over me by the lasses because they took offense to me saying they were a great representation of Newcastle (after my mate called them dirty sluts :biggrin:).

Do it.
Ah finally a show to educate me on the geordie people. Hmmm yes I see fascinating stuff. Sluts and pricks as the stereotypes suggest. Is this how all Geordie people are like and do a lot of them speak like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhHLmhchLrU

If you can't understand whats being said click CC and transcribe audio. It translates it perfectly.

I can see why cheryl cole was fired now. Could barely understand her half the time. On a sidenote from my serious post why isn't cheryl cole being called cheryl tweedy again now that she's divorced?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 108
Too much hate for a silly TV show...
Original post by Fat-Love
Ah finally a show to educate me on the geordie people. Hmmm yes I see fascinating stuff. Is this how all Geordie people are like and do a lot of them speak like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhHLmhchLrU

I can see why cheryl cole was fired now. Could barely understand her half the time.

On a sidenote from my serious post why isn't cheryl cole being called cheryl tweedy again now that she's divorced?

because she's still seeing him
I watch it for the laughs. Better than I thought it was going to be but still nothing fantastic, it's just funny to watch.
Reply 111
Original post by QwentyJ
Do it.

I did, and they threw drink over me, hence why I will probably be in an episode. I signed the release form prior to getting swilled lawl.
Reply 112
Original post by FluxD

Original post by FluxD
I did, and they threw drink over me, hence why I will probably be in an episode. I signed the release form prior to getting swilled lawl.

I mean....do it again next time you see them, for me! :wink:
Original post by Wattsy
Darn in York people are not mortal they are hardcore, we aren't on it like a bonnet we get amongst it. I like these Geordie Shore terms though

Lol, you need to make a rap. I never thought of York-ians as hardcore. :teehee:

Some real geordie slang:
Moy (kiss)
Peeve (alcohol)
Belter (something great/amazing)
Ladge (embarrassing)

Basically, GS fails. :p:
Original post by Milky Milk
It could possibly be a gulity pleasure like Jersey Shore. I doubt it will be just as good though..

:colonhash:
Original post by FluxD

I salute you sir!
Reply 116
Original post by Unbiased Opinion
Lol, you need to make a rap. I never thought of York-ians as hardcore. :teehee:

Some real geordie slang:
Moy (kiss)
Peeve (alcohol)
Belter (something great/amazing)
Ladge (embarrassing)

Basically, GS fails. :p:

We use Ladgin' and Belter occasionally and Yorkshiremen aren't hardcore unless your getting thrown out of gigs for crowdsurfing or doing crazy feats of drinking
bad publicity is good publicity.

i heard this older woman talking about it in my local working mens club today - its gonna be huge!
this show is definitley a guilty pleasure, it makes me laugh...still prefer jersey shore though!
What time does it go up on mtv.co.uk?

Quick Reply