The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tasneemo
o: how did I manage to miss the magpie electricals sign in The Beast Below?!

Ah yes, Magpie. :lol: I'd forgotten about that ol' episode. Quite freaky actually. The Wire...
Original post by Oncoming Storm
Ah yes, Magpie. :lol: I'd forgotten about that ol' episode. Quite freaky actually. The Wire...

What was rhe sign? Beast was such a long time ago, I forgot :colondollar:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Man, I wouldn't mind being River's prison guard. They get kisses and naked River and everything.

:ditto: :love:
Original post by AutVinceriAutMori
What was rhe sign? Beast was such a long time ago, I forgot :colondollar:

It's in the 'The Beast Below' video on the bbc dr who site, you can still see it :smile:
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Man, I wouldn't mind being River's prison guard. They get kisses and naked River and everything.

I'd prefer to be a prison guard for Amy to be honest :perv:
Original post by sleekchic
It's not Captain Avery because the man is taller and thinner. I already posted about it a few pages back but I can't remember who it is now.

Edit: Richard Trinder who's playing Captain Harcourt.

Aah thanks :smile: too excited for this saturday :biggrin:
Original post by SirMasterKey
I'd prefer to be a prison guard for Amy to be honest :perv:

To be honest I wouldn't mind being a prison guard for any of Team TARDIS :wink:
Original post by Tasneemo
o: how did I manage to miss the magpie electricals sign in The Beast Below?!

I didn't notice that!
Not sure how that could work at all to be honest.

It's Doctor Who. Timey Wimey is a valid excuse for anything we don't understand!
Original post by Rascacielos
It's Doctor Who. Timey Wimey is a valid excuse for anything we don't understand!

Except for things like that. How can you see someone via a physic link before you're in the situation whereby you have the physic link? Timey wimey would just be a cop-out in this case. It's an awful lot more likely that Amy was kidnapped before she saw Madame Kovarian on the opener and then was kidnapped again as a clone.
Except for things like that. How can you see someone via a physic link before you're in the situation whereby you have the physic link? Timey wimey would just be a cop-out in this case. It's an awful lot more likely that Amy was kidnapped before she saw Madame Kovarian on the opener and then was kidnapped again as a clone.

That's what I think but why would the Silence kidnap a ganger? Unless they don't know she's a ganger which might mean that Madam Kovarian works with someone else and not the Silence. Or maybe kidnapping the ganger Amy and doing stuff to her also has an impact on real Amy so they kidnap ganger Amy because they can't get to real Amy.
Possibly

Spoiler

I also wonder if we see River go naked like in the series trailer at the start of the year. :holmes:

yes please- but at which point in the series trailer does that happen? :eek:
Reply 3872

you seem to be implying that timey wimey isnt normally a cop out :tongue: although your right it wouldnt make sense and it would be an even bigger cop out than normal lol
Original post by sleekchic
That's what I think but why would the Silence kidnap a ganger? Unless they don't know she's a ganger which might mean that Madam Kovarian works with someone else and not the Silence. Or maybe kidnapping the ganger Amy and doing stuff to her also has an impact on real Amy so they kidnap ganger Amy because they can't get to real Amy.

I think it's more to do with getting rid of Clone Amy's child. It could all be one large trap set up. Amy tells the Doctor she's pregnant, getting rid of the baby in clone Amy would then mean that he knows something is up as his scanner (assuming that the Silence assume he will scan or do tests) oscillates between the two. It would then eventually lead the Doctor right to them.

Of course to go with this,

Spoiler

Original post by Greg1989
you seem to be implying that timey wimey isnt normally a cop out :tongue: although your right it wouldnt make sense and it would be an even bigger cop out than normal lol

Well it is but they normally make it work. If they used it for Amy being kidnapped but seeing Kovarian before it just so wouldn't.

Original post by frequent_flyer
yes please- but at which point in the series trailer does that happen? :eek:

38 seconds in.
Original post by Stargatecrazy

Original post by Stargatecrazy
I just thought, in DotM when River's scanning the empty space suit doesn't she say it's for a human? Surely she'd recognise if it was built for a Time Lord/Lady?

I know she says the kid must be very strong etc...but there would be differences in a life support for humans and a life support for Time Lords/Ladies wouldn't there? Maybe the girl we saw regenerating isn't the same one? :confused:

I'm kind of just clutching at straws here :tongue:

I can't keep track of what has or hasn't already been said in here so you might have been replied to. I thought maybe as she said there are so many kinds of alien tech in there, perhaps one of them was the ability to regenerate that had been built in on this 'life support' system? So the kid was human but had acquired this power through her time in the suit.

Anyway, I had the thought that the Silents and those who actually captured Amy and made her Ganger are fighting each other for the same thing i.e Amy/Baby/Doctor/all of the above. So it could be that it was indeed Ganger Amy when she first saw Madame Kovarian and this entire Ganger-making process had taken place through a different group of Aliens (I'd assume the ones in the prequel) and the Silents are after the Amy's baby for different motives and so captured the Ganger Amy to investigate whether it was/wasn't a Ganger and find out what their 'opponents' had done, perhaps look closer at the flesh technology.
There's a lot of holes in that though, like what's the connection between the girl in the spacesuit and the Silents being in the orphanage together because they obviously have the child at this point. It also makes the Silents seem a bit dim for being a bit behind.
I feel something pretty vital must have happened in that three month gap that we are yet to find out about and if I was going to pin point a time for the ganger thing to have happened it would have been then- this is assuming my memory serves me correctly and she first saw Kovarian in Day of the Moon not TIA.

Also, I still hate the River is Amy's daughter theory, seems all twisty and wrong. And why if this is the case does River know the Doctor's name, even Amy doesn't know that and I don't see why the 'trust' bond would be any stronger if it's Amy's kid. Apparently it's been partially confirmed though? Or something.
kopite493
x

Thought you might enjoy this.

All the deaths in New Who up until the End of Time.
-------------------
I thought this was quality as well.

Did we ever find out what happened to Rory and River at the end of TIA?

Also: after the Doctor's been shot in TIA Amy asks if he's 'a clone or a duplicate or something?' and Canton just brushes her off.

Spoiler

I definitely haven't been re-watching instead of revising ¬_¬
Original post by Rascacielos
The blue man is the Mayor of Manhattan from New New New New New New New New New York isn't it?

Also, doesn't the prequel seem to imply that

Spoiler

And.......... the trailer has just made me 10 million times more excited for Saturday because

Spoiler

Spoiler

I remembered to use spoiler tags this time! :colondollar:
Original post by ??????????????????

Spoiler

I remembered to use spoiler tags this time! :colondollar:

I know, it's just what I read into it, that's all.