The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The "Exeter (Cornwall) Firmers 2011" Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jazzydwi
I firmed for English there and applied for accommodation back in March.
Nervous and excited about moving so far away...

I know right? It's a good six hours away from home which is kind of scary! How far away are you? :smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Jazzydwi
I firmed for English there and applied for accommodation back in March.
Nervous and excited about moving so far away...

I applied for my accomodation yesterday. It's quite expensive, wasn't expecting it to be that much! But hey. I'm really excited, I'm 6 ish hours away (I live in Shropshire) and it'll do me good to be quite far away from home, it's been quite a rough year. How often is everyone else planning on popping back home?
Original post by sianelizabethx
I applied for my accomodation yesterday. It's quite expensive, wasn't expecting it to be that much! But hey. I'm really excited, I'm 6 ish hours away (I live in Shropshire) and it'll do me good to be quite far away from home, it's been quite a rough year. How often is everyone else planning on popping back home?

It's about 7 hours for me, from Southend in Essex. I'm much the same as you though, getting to quite a tense stage living under same roof as the parents. Need to spead my metaphorical wings lol :smile: I plan on going home, as little as possible! Ha. Is there some periods of time we'll get kicked out of accommodation and have to go home though?
Reply 103
Original post by MelissaJayne
It's about 7 hours for me, from Southend in Essex. I'm much the same as you though, getting to quite a tense stage living under same roof as the parents. Need to spead my metaphorical wings lol :smile: I plan on going home, as little as possible! Ha. Is there some periods of time we'll get kicked out of accommodation and have to go home though?

We shall become tramps living in 24 hour supermarkets then.

I don't think so, I think there're only a couple of places (like Durham is definitely one) where they kick you out over the holidays because they rent your rooms out - and I think they have to tell you that in the contract. I think I'll try and go home like every half term to see mum and my dog <3 haha!
Original post by sianelizabethx
I don't think so, I think there're only a couple of places (like Durham is definitely one) where they kick you out over the holidays because they rent your rooms out - and I think they have to tell you that in the contract. I think I'll try and go home like every half term to see mum and my dog <3 haha!

Oh, that's alright then. No pressure to leave! Awhh, yeah, I'll miss my dog lots actually. I think it'll take us going away to realise how much we will really miss them all though. Such a long journey to travel too frequently (that'll be my excuse anyway :tongue:)
Original post by Sim188
We shall become tramps living in 24 hour supermarkets then.

Lidls sausage aisle for us babes.
Reply 107
Lidls sausage aisle for us babes.

You're such a typical essexian, it's untrue :tongue:
Original post by Sim188
You're such a typical essexian, it's untrue :tongue:

HOW DARE YOU? You and your sodding stereotypes! I've had it up to here with your attitude and accusations, screw this............ I'm off to get a vajazzle!
Reply 109
HOW DARE YOU? You and your sodding stereotypes! I've had it up to here with your attitude and accusations, screw this............ I'm off to get a vajazzle!

Oh dear christ! :hand:
Reply 110
I don't know if there is, and I can't find out, so if there isn't someone should make like a facebook group for everyone who's firmed the Cornwall Campus and post the link on here, so we can all join up and maybe get to know people a bit better so we're not little loners come September =) I'd do it but I'm not the best with computers and not sure how...=/
Original post by LucyAnne
I don't know if there is, and I can't find out, so if there isn't someone should make like a facebook group for everyone who's firmed the Cornwall Campus and post the link on here, so we can all join up and maybe get to know people a bit better so we're not little loners come September =) I'd do it but I'm not the best with computers and not sure how...=/

oh, good idea. I'll give it a go!
Made one, Exeter 2011 - Cornwall Campus

not sure how to find the link, does this work? http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_127413284005609#!/home.php?sk=group_127413284005609
Reply 113
Made one, Exeter 2011 - Cornwall Campus

not sure how to find the link, does this work? http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_127413284005609#!/home.php?sk=group_127413284005609

Yeah, that worked for me =) Thanks for doing that!
Reply 114
MUNCH ON THIS PLAYAZ :bootyshake: !!!!

Yurts..what legends! When you're hoping to go to a University where the students are willing to live in Yurts, you know you're onto a good thing. My kind of people.
Reply 117
I would quite like to give it a go! They are supposedly supposed to be very cosy.
Will be interesting (as a local resident!) to see whether that proposal gets the go-ahead or not. I dunno why but it also feels pretty weird for me seeing you guys talking about a uni/area that is local to me on this thread :P
Can anyone direct me to any websites/videos/threads that have a bit more detail on the nightlife? I don't really have time to visit as I'm going through Extra and I'm in panic mode now as it's June and I STILL don't have a place at university yet. I seem to have fallen in love with the idea of doing English at CC though and I just want to find out as much as possible.

Change of plan actually, I went ahead and applied anyway as I've only heard good things about the place thus far.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending