The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
ahhhhhh im entering this oct! but the permutations of 5 choices is too much!! i want single room but not too expensive but in prince garden.... im so demanding:frown::mad:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by arianex
Tell me about it! I get what you mean though - the majority of my other Asian peers at school are loaded. I'm currently at boarding school on a 75% scholarship (music + academic); and I'm one of the few Asians who actually has one. The rest of them just rock up in 6th form, pay through the nose and can afford to do it once per term, my folks still have to do it by monthly installments :P

Yes I know what you mean gratz on the scholarship! (I was a scholarship boy but only a mere 10%). I am good friends with one of the richies. I wanted to slap him when he said he only had £200 to last him the week. I mean, seriously :colonhash:
Reply 762
Original post by crazylemon
Yes I know what you mean gratz on the scholarship! (I was a scholarship boy but only a mere 10%). I am good friends with one of the richies. I wanted to slap him when he said he only had £200 to last him the week. I mean, seriously :colonhash:

:lolwut: Seriously?! Wow, £200 would get me through at least a month, probably more.
Original post by Zottula
:lolwut: Seriously?! Wow, £200 would get me through at least a month, probably more.

I know I point out to him that is more than double what most people manage on...
Reply 764
I know I point out to him that is more than double what most people manage on...

Did you find out what he spends his money on? I'm curious as to how someone can spend that much.
Original post by Zottula
Did you find out what he spends his money on? I'm curious as to how someone can spend that much.

Oh I know what he spends it on, going out, eating out, clothes. It is very easy to spend that much if you are used to it.
Reply 766
Oh I know what he spends it on, going out, eating out, clothes. It is very easy to spend that much if you are used to it.

Ah well I guess so. If he has that much to spend then fair enough. If I had that much money I'd just save it for the future or to do something exciting over the summer.
Reply 767

Cheers :smile: Geez, can I crane kick this dude? 200 squids of pocket money is enough for a whole term for moi.

Original post by becks0303
ahhhhhh im entering this oct! but the permutations of 5 choices is too much!! i want single room but not too expensive but in prince garden.... im so demanding:frown::mad:

Yes, you are.

This is where I say get real, because the Prince's Gardens + Beit rooms are going to be costlier, what with their proximity to school and their newly-refurbished state (for Eastside and Southside.) I don't know what your budget is, but expect your cheapest singles from that area to be more than 140ppw, and that's talking non ensuite for Garden and Weeks (which are the older Prince's Garden halls compared to Eastside/Southside so you don't get the snazzy interior.)

The ensuite ones are all either Beit or Eastside/Southside, and you're looking at a cheapest price of 175+ppw (that's Beit, the latter's more like 190+)

You might want to start deciding what's more important to you: cost, proximity or room type (for cost, fix a threshold.) That way you won't get the "AAAAAHHH HOMG YOU GUISE 5 CHOICES IS TOO MUCH!!! ><" syndrome.

TL;DR: It's London, it's going to be pricey as a whole, and you're looking at options close to campus so it's even pricier. Whaddayathink?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 768
Original post by Zottula
Ah well I guess so. If he has that much to spend then fair enough. If I had that much money I'd just save it for the future or to do something exciting over the summer.

Tell me about it, I have a few things on my uni wishlist that 200 squids could cover nicely (or partially for some)... :tongue:
Reply 769
Original post by phwarfcat
just for the sake of being pedantic

home student =/= caucasian

international =/= non- caucasian

I swear a lot of the home students are not caucasian either :tongue:
Reply 770
Original post by notepad
I swear a lot of the home students are not caucasian either :tongue:

That's what she meant. =/= means "does not equal."
Original post by arianex
Cheers :smile: Geez, can I crane kick this dude? 200 squids of pocket money is enough for a whole term for moi.

He is a nice bloke. Tbh if I had the money to do it and not worry I would probably spend a fair bit more.
Reply 772
Original post by arianex
That's what she meant. =/= means "does not equal."

Oh sorry, I haven't slept in a while and completely skim-read that. I think I should get some sleep :K:
Reply 773
He is a nice bloke. Tbh if I had the money to do it and not worry I would probably spend a fair bit more.

I jest, I wouldn't actually crane kick him XD I've just been brought up to be cheap, although if I've saved up a lil' bit I -will- have the occasional splurge... ^^
London is going to be so bad for me on that front. :tongue:
Original post by arianex
I jest, I wouldn't actually crane kick him XD I've just been brought up to be cheap, although if I've saved up a lil' bit I -will- have the occasional splurge... ^^

I spent so much in first term (medics freshers fornight :awesome:). Although I didn't get into overdraft I just got pretty close....
Reply 775
Original post by arianex

I like to live cheap and hate spending money. I don't know where it comes from though as my parents aren't really like that.
Original post by Zottula
I like to live cheap and hate spending money. I don't know where it comes from though as my parents aren't really like that.

I don't like waste. I like saving money too. But I am not averse to spending money if it is something I actually want.
Reply 777
I don't like waste. I like saving money too. But I am not averse to spending money if it is something I actually want.

Yeah if I really want something I will spend. But I don't usually want much so it's a rare occasion :tongue:
Reply 778
Original post by Heroesorghosts
Hi there, I looked into it myself as I'm a pianist too, and I don't think the common rooms/halls with pianos would be very impressed at hearing the Pathetique or Rach preludes being practiced there :P Found this link: http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/arts/blythcentre, where it says you can register/rent practice rooms presumably for free or if they charge I imagine it would be a fairly low fee! I see I'm not the only one considering making a few extra quit through piano if needs be :P

Thanks! Had been trawling through the website and missed that! They also have a list of music teachers for piano/violin/vocals. I might use one seeing as I will be so far from my current teacher!
Just finished my accommodations form:

Fisher, Garden, Holbein, Pembridge ( twin ) and Fisher ( single)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending