The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

can i have some notes to sum up the prerelease please!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by Sparkie3222
Well we went over the pre-release and highlighted sections in it which were related to things we have done using the topic specification.

The legacy systems came up on page 5, right hand column and its the last sentence of the second paragraph.

Now we are getting notes together to revise...

If you need any more help then let me know and I would like to know the question please, may help out :smile:

well thats fair, and itll be something like this business wants one of their aims to become more environmentally friendly create an ict strategy for them to do this....

you proberbly could have thought of this yourself, seen as you seem so prepared for the exam.... i wish our teacher went through the pre realease material with us but no :/ x

other than the topics, what notes have you got about the prerelease material x
Original post by Nicola.Garner
well thats fair, and itll be something like this business wants one of their aims to become more environmentally friendly create an ict strategy for them to do this....

you proberbly could have thought of this yourself, seen as you seem so prepared for the exam.... i wish our teacher went through the pre realease material with us but no :/ x

other than the topics, what notes have you got about the prerelease material x

I have 14,000 words worth of notes on these - a friend did them. I then stole them :P It is basically everything in bullet points...

And depending on the book, some topics are merged together eg. legislation is paired with policies in some books, and in others it is seperate. Just incase you were wondering...
Reply 43
I have 14,000 words worth of notes on these - a friend did them. I then stole them :P It is basically everything in bullet points...

And depending on the book, some topics are merged together eg. legislation is paired with policies in some books, and in others it is seperate. Just incase you were wondering...

thats exactly how im doing notes though im on 16,000 words :P lol
just bullet pointing everything.

any decent revision materials for strategiesand policies... i really dont like the managing ict and strategies chapters i have.... :frown:

ohh thats well helpful, maybe send them me?? :P its cool if you dont :P
and i have both books not digging either tbf :P x
osted by Sparkie3222

ohh thats well helpful, maybe send them me?? :P its cool if you dont :P
and i have both books not digging either tbf :P x

SHARE?

Original post by Noj2202
thats exactly how im doing notes though im on 16,000 words :P lol
just bullet pointing everything.

any decent revision materials for strategiesand policies... i really dont like the managing ict and strategies chapters i have.... :frown:

Can you please share your notes. I need an A in this otherwise I can't get an A overall which means I can't get into uni which means I can't get a job which means I'll end up living on the streets which means I will die of hypothermia.

So unless you want me to die, can you pleeease send me you're notes :puppyeyes:
Well, i literally have not started revising for this exam...how come you need 95% in the real exam :s, is the book helpful with answering the questions? Need to get started with this module soon..

How's everyone else getting along with this scenario and preparation..anyone taking or done retakes for info 2 or 1?

Can someone tell me what grade am on atm because i don't know how these grade boundaries work for ICT....i got 73% (B) in info 1, 58% (D) in info 2 and 90% (A*/A) in info 4 (could possibly change to 80-90% after moderation), so do you know what i need in info 3 to get a B overall? The first two modules were out of 80 marks, info 4 was out of 70 and info 3 is out of a 100 right? Btw all it tells me on my results sheet is my percent out of 100 so i am a bit confused..Anyone please?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ,,,,
Well, i literally have not started revising for this exam...how come you need 95% in the real exam :s, is the book helpful with answering the questions? Need to get started with this module soon..

How's everyone else getting along with this scenario and preparation..anyone taking or done retakes for info 2 or 1?

Can someone tell me what grade am on atm because i don't know how these grade boundaries work for ICT....i got 73% (B) in info 1, 58% (D) in info 2 and 90% (A*/A) in info 4 (could possibly change to 80-90% after moderation), so do you know what i need in info 3 to get a B overall? The first two modules were out of 80 marks, info 4 was out of 70 and info 3 is out of a 100 right? Btw all it tells me on my results sheet is my percent out of 100 so i am a bit confused..Anyone please?

I was on exacttly that ! until i resit info 1 and im hoping for an A :smile:

but ur on D/E atm... but all i know is if u get an A then u are certain on this exam to get an A overall... but A Medium/HIGH B, would also get u there :smile:
Original post by amushan1234
I was on exacttly that ! until i resit info 1 and im hoping for an A :smile:

but ur on D/E atm... but all i know is if u get an A then u are certain on this exam to get an A overall... but A Medium/HIGH B, would also get u there :smile:

Oh really a D/E? So a high B/A will get me an A overall? How did you work that out, sorry to be a pain

I thought i needed a B in this paper to confirm a B grade :s ?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ,,,,
Oh really a D/E? So a high B/A will get me an A overall? How did you work that out, sorry to be a pain

I thought i needed a B in this paper to confirm a B grade :s ?

well my teacher had a ums grade converter to marks and worked it out :smile:

but tbh dont worry bout it.. at the end of the day, just do ur best and get as high mark as u can :smile:
Oh right cheers, i just really need a B in this exam!

Edit: I found a raw mark converter on the aqa website :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Topic 1 - Environment is from info 2 right?
I just looked on the UMS converter thingy and it says if you get if you get between 88/100 - 100/100 raw marks, you'll get 120 UMS which is the max UMS. So you can get 12 answers wrong and still get max UMS!
Original post by mrdoovde1
I just looked on the UMS converter thingy and it says if you get if you get between 88/100 - 100/100 raw marks, you'll get 120 UMS which is the max UMS. So you can get 12 answers wrong and still get max UMS!

Haha yeh it's kind of weird, the same thing applied with info 1 and 2 so full raw marks does not mean full ums, which is pretty good for us since we can afford to lose some (just in case we do) and still get full ums
Reply 55
Does anyone have any questions or notes to do with the pre release material? I'm finding it quite difficult to think what may come up :frown: Have to say I actually preferred the January 2011 pre release! :|
Reply 56
I was just doing some research and trying to find stuff about the pre release material and came across these, maybe they will help..

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Info-3-June-2011-Case-Study-Green-ICT-6074589/

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Info-3-June-2011-Case-Study-Green-ICT-Teleworking-6074802/

You have to make an account with them to view it but it's easy and free:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by l0livia
I was just doing some research and trying to find stuff about the pre release material and came across these, maybe they will help..

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Info-3-June-2011-Case-Study-Green-ICT-6074589/

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/Info-3-June-2011-Case-Study-Green-ICT-Teleworking-6074802/

You have to make an account with them to view it but it's easy and free so it's worth it!

Hey, what did you put as career :s-smilie:, there is no option for students...is it possible for you to post the notes on this thread or pm?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by ,,,,
Hey, what did you put as career :s-smilie:, there is no option for students...is it possible for you to post the notes on this thread or pm?

Oh yeah I think i probably put teacher or something haha :smile: but yeah here you go..i uploaded them onto mediafire, hope they work:

http://www.mediafire.com/?g6wzo2z1w6vzd2i

http://www.mediafire.com/?duaabe2gi29luaa
Original post by l0livia
Oh yeah I think i probably put teacher or something haha :smile: but yeah here you go..i uploaded them onto mediafire, hope they work:

http://www.mediafire.com/?g6wzo2z1w6vzd2i

http://www.mediafire.com/?duaabe2gi29luaa

Perfect, cheers mate :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending