The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4040
Original post by Oncoming Storm

Link link link. :biggrin: I hate it when films have no connection to the series. Like the Digimon Movie...:angry:

I'd like to see a film of the time war with Ecclestone. Sadly it won't happen :sad:
Reply 4041
Link link link. :biggrin: I hate it when films have no connection to the series. Like the Digimon Movie...:angry:

:colondollar: I saw it on BBC1 a few years ago so no link. Sorry. But im sure a quick google search and you'll find it
Original post by Aula
I'd like to see a film of the time war with Ecclestone. Sadly it won't happen :sad:

I always wanted to know what happened there...apart from what they said in the series of course.
Original post by humy369
:colondollar: I saw it on BBC1 a few years ago so no link. Sorry. But im sure a quick google search and you'll find it

It'll be my post-exam treat. :biggrin:
Original post by humy369
Can i just mention how much i LOVE this thread :love:
Also, i have just today discovered a place called The Who Shop about 15 minutes from my house that sells Doctor Who paraphernelia :dance: I need to start saving up so i can blow all my money in there :dance:

Just googled this place and Wow. http://www.thewhoshop.com/dalek-ride-blue-p-4394.html

You have to get one of these :biggrin:
Original post by Aula

Same, I'd generally love to see the Time War but it won't happen :cry:
Reply 4046
Original post by Aula

:eek: that would be AWESOME. Hed portray battle Doctor PERFECTLY. :frown: but you're right. not happening
Reply 4047
Original post by The Cello Ninja
Just googled this place and Wow. http://www.thewhoshop.com/dalek-ride-blue-p-4394.html

You have to get one of these :biggrin:

I got all excited. Then i saw the price :frown::frown::frown:
DAMN BEING BROKE :mad:
My introduction to doctor who as a kid was the spin off "Daleks - Invasion of Earth" with Peter Cushing as "Dr Who", a time travelling human inventor...

Just my luck that the only thing I saw when young wasn't even true doctor who :redface:
*Sneaks in just before midnight*

Anyone else around? :ninjagirl:
:ninja: watching wall-e.

there's a robot in that film, and there are robots in doctor who :ninja:
Original post by spacepirate-James
:ninja: watching wall-e.

there's a robot in that film, and there are robots in doctor who :ninja:

I think you've found a link there :eek4:

New promo pics? Well, some of them are:
http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2011/05/good-man-goes-to-war-more-promo-pics.html
Original post by Pandora.
I think you've found a link there :eek4:

New promo pics? Well, some of them are:
http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2011/05/good-man-goes-to-war-more-promo-pics.html

can anyone understand wth is up with the first 2 episodes

what is the girl

why is she a time lord

what happens...

?? who is the doctors wife?
I am liking Doctor Who atm.
I don't get why there seem to be so many fans who haven't warmed to Matt, I actually prefer him to David Tennant. I also much prefer Karen to the likes of Billie Piper.
Original post by SirMasterKey
X]

for the record i dont not like matt smiths doctor i just believe in certain situations DTs doctor would be more useful

looking back there are times i think MSs would have been better in the DT episodes
OKAY, I'm always the last to post **** here, but this has me EXCITED.

Check it:

Spoiler

Sorry if this has been said before but regarding the prequel

Spoiler

(only a spoiler about the prequel)

Also I was wondering if whatshername in the last episode's codeword had any significance. I thought it might seeing as the ganger was certain what it was and 'bad boy' reminded me of 'bad wolf'!
Reply 4057
I wish I didn't care about spoilers etc as I miss so much on this thread :sad:

It is really hard to filter out spoilers, pure speculation and theories and theories that are based on spoilers. So I avoid everything :sad:
Steve Moffat to 'rest' the Daleks http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-13594932

Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat to 'rest' Daleks
The Daleks are to be given "a rest" from battling Doctor Who, writer Steven Moffat has told the Radio Times.

Moffat, who is also the BBC television show's executive producer, said: "They aren't going to make an appearance for a while. We thought it was about time to give them a rest."

The Daleks were voted the scariest villains in the history of Doctor Who in a poll of fans in 2007.

Moffat said they had been defeated by the Doctor "about 400 times".

Created by Terry Nation, the Daleks are the Doctor's hugely popular enemies who have made regular appearances in the long-running science fiction show since first appearing in 1963.

Moffat said: "There's a problem with the Daleks. They are the most famous of the Doctor's adversaries and the most frequent, which means they are the most reliably defeatable enemies in the universe."

Recent episodes of the show, which stars Matt Smith as the timelord, have been criticised for being "too scary for children".

But Moffat said: "It is horror, but horror for children. It's scary in the way that a fairy story can be scary."
Reply 4059
^ Good, I've never found the daleks at all scary... I think they've been way overused in new who.

Latest