The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nadooo
URGENT
:eek:

Is the resit test for f215 definitely on the 13 of june while f214 is on the 23??? i messed up w/ dates before so id be grateful if someone could tell. Ill even exchange notes n past papers for info lol :colondollar:

F215 - 13th
F214 - 22nd

:smile:
Reply 201
Original post by sportycricketer
F215 - 13th
F214 - 22nd

:smile:

cheers

what are the times? ill upload some papers in exchange later ....thanks a lot bro :biggrin:
Original post by Nadooo
cheers

what are the times? ill upload some papers in exchange later ....thanks a lot bro :biggrin:

F215 is in the afternoon and F214 is in the morning :smile:
Reply 203
F215 is in the afternoon and F214 is in the morning :smile:

Reply 204
Original post by dunnicare
That was so cool.

In another news DOES ANYONE HAVE THE JANUARY 2011 EXAM? I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!

Scratch that I found it! WOOOOOOW!

Reckon you could please post a pdf copy of the paper mate? :redface: Thanks a lot
And the mark scheme; although that's not as important
Original post by Tobia_s
Reckon you could please post a pdf copy of the paper mate? :redface: Thanks a lot

I don't know how to upload things in PDF.:redface: But here's the website I got it from. You may have to make an acount to access them. It's the best I can do. :smile:

http://www.studentcreche.co.uk/showthread.php/1184-January-2011-OCR-F215-A-Level-Biology-Paper

e: What a dumb negger.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tobia_s

I've got a copy but dont know how to send it :smile:
Reply 207
What is genetic drift and why do people such as those in the Amish community have more genetic diseases.
Reply 208
I've got a copy but dont know how to send it :smile:

Easy! Click on 'Go Advanced' just below the quick reply box; right next to the 'post quick reply' option.

Then when you get to the next page, scroll down slightly to the next box which is called 'Additional options'. In this box there's a 'manage attachments' button. Click on this and a pop-up window opens; it's fairly straightforward from here. Just click on the 'upload file' button and select the file from wherever it is on your computer.

Thanks a lot :smile:
Jan 2011 Paper :smile:
Original post by J DOT A
What is genetic drift and why do people such as those in the Amish community have more genetic diseases.

Genetic drift is a random,sudden change in the gene pool of a given population (often small ones e.g islands).The changes arise due to the increase in different allele frequency.

No idea about the amish community..
Reply 211

Thanks a lot. You're a lifesaver :biggrin:
Reply 212

Yayy :biggrin: Thanks alot!!!!
I was wondering if you could post the markscheme???
Reply 213
Original post by J DOT A

Like said above, genetic (allelic) drift is the change in allele frequency in a population. The Amish don't mix with other non-Amish much so their population has a very restricted gene pool, and they also usually live in small communities. They'd have more genetic diseases because one mutation can be inherited and passed down without it having a chance to be 'bred' out. <-- sounds right to me lol

In other news..sliding filament model does my head in!
Original post by .r.
Like said above, genetic (allelic) drift is the change in allele frequency in a population. The Amish don't mix with other non-Amish much so their population has a very restricted gene pool, and they also usually live in small communities. They'd have more genetic diseases because one mutation can be inherited and passed down without it having a chance to be 'bred' out. <-- sounds right to me lol

In other news..sliding filament model does my head in!

What buzzes you about sliding filament model? Just remember the bands.. and what happens when active potential passes through post-muscular membrane =]

Here's what happens:
Sodium ions start to increase in conc. near the pre- end from there they stuck onto the post receptors in doing so as that side gets polarized (i.e changes in potential difference) Calcium ions start to flux in from the sarcoplamisc reticulum,these Calcium ions bind onto the tropomyosin causing them to detach from the actin myosin filament,in this manner troponin chain moves...

Correct me if I am mistaken.. I did this months ago
I don't understand anythin LOL. I really dont!!! I give up on genetics!!!
Original post by slacker07906
I don't understand anythin LOL. I really dont!!! I give up on genetics!!!

Don't with that attitude I ended up with a D at first... don't ever let genetics overwhelm you. =)
Did you check my previous post ?
count me in! I need 150/150

THANK YOU! I will analyse this paper rigorously ! >D
Reply 219
Original post by TobeTheHero
count me in! I need 150/150

Same!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending