The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

didn't get the one I wanted :/ all because of the error but I got a Bill Mo ensuite so it should be fine
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 321
Original post by patrick93
didn't get the one I wanted :/ all because of the error but I got a Bill Mo ensuite so it should be fine

mine said at first that the room i had chosen wasnt available, but i just went back and chose the same thing and it worked 2nd time around
Reply 322

I'll see you there :wink: Haha

Which one were you hoping for?
Reply 323
I got a standard room at William Morris. :L Not my first choice but there we go, I'm disappointed. :s-smilie: What are the "shared bathrooms like"? I would have liked an ensuite personally.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kyleidge
I'll see you there :wink: Haha

Which one were you hoping for?

Bakewell ensuite. It was virtually right next to the Chemical Engineering block. now I have to walk from one side of campus to the other but owell it was my second choice so can't have too many complaints. Was bill mo your first choice?
Reply 325
Bakewell ensuite. It was virtually right next to the Chemical Engineering block. now I have to walk from one side of campus to the other but owell it was my second choice so can't have too many complaints. Was bill mo your first choice?

Yeah it was, wasn't too bothered about location, as I'll have almost the same walk to the mechanical engineering building haha
Original post by Kyleidge
Yeah it was, wasn't too bothered about location, as I'll have almost the same walk to the mechanical engineering building haha

hahaha fair enough. bring on results day!
Might just put my second choice as really cheap accommodation like Falk Egg so I have money left over. Any experience of the cheaper halls?
Anyone else at Falk Egg next year? Unfortunately I logged in too early and wondered why it wasnt letting me do anything, then took the email to mean it was a problem at thier end. Cue waiting till half 10 till ringing and there only being 3 self catered accomodation types left. I'm an idiot. Luckily Falk Egg was one of the ones I was interested in.
Original post by Stasiaxx
Do you know if all the rooms in bill mo are refurbished?

Yes, all the rooms I've seen in Bill Mo are in pretty good nick, all 4ft beds with a large desk. Wardrobe isn't as impressive as some of the ones I've seen in other halls but still a typical size. :ninja:

Congratulations to all new Bill Mo'ers :sexface: Join this Facebook group to get all the latest info! - http://www.facebook.com/billmofreshers2011
Reply 330
Congratulations - See you Bill Mo guys soon!
Reply 331
Didn't have any of the ones I wanted left by the time I finally managed to log on after all the faffing around!:frown: So I've put my preferences in and now have to wait until I get my results in August. I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this route before and what actually happens when I get my results? and also what the chances are of me getting anywhere close to what my preferences are?
Original post by ML_92
Didn't have any of the ones I wanted left by the time I finally managed to log on after all the faffing around!:frown: So I've put my preferences in and now have to wait until I get my results in August. I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this route before and what actually happens when I get my results? and also what the chances are of me getting anywhere close to what my preferences are?

They'll offer you the best room they can based on your preferences, or I believe you'll be able to choose from any of the other room types that are still available.

There will always be a few people who miss their offers whose rooms therefore become available again. If you don't get one of those though, unfortunately you might have to settle for a room that wasn't one of your first choices.
Reply 333
Original post by Potally_Tissed
They'll offer you the best room they can based on your preferences, or I believe you'll be able to choose from any of the other room types that are still available.

There will always be a few people who miss their offers whose rooms therefore become available again. If you don't get one of those though, unfortunately you might have to settle for a room that wasn't one of your first choices.

Ok thanks for that. What happens in relation to catered or self-catered then, do you know? I put all my preferences as self-catered so it's quite obvious to them that I don't want catered, so they wouldn't put me into a catered hall would they?

Anyway, I suppose no matter what hall you live in, in doesn't really matter, cause you'll have an ace time wherever... am I right or are there some halls that you really want to try and avoid if you can?
Original post by ML_92
Ok thanks for that. What happens in relation to catered or self-catered then, do you know? I put all my preferences as self-catered so it's quite obvious to them that I don't want catered, so they wouldn't put me into a catered hall would they?

Unless you're quite incredibly unlucky and they have literally no self-catered rooms left at all (can't see that happening), then yes, you will at least get a self-catered hall.

Anyway, I suppose no matter what hall you live in, in doesn't really matter, cause you'll have an ace time wherever... am I right or are there some halls that you really want to try and avoid if you can?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they were actually unhappy with which hall they ended up with.
Reply 335
Other than the technical glitch this morning - was it straightforward to choose your room? Did you literally just log in then go straight to a list of possible room types?
Original post by apo1324
There is a new time of 9am if any one didn't get the urgent email sent by student accomodation. :smile:

Does this time also apply for those people applying at a later time today i was meant to at 1:30 (31st May)
Original post by sweetmango
Does this time also apply for those people applying at a later time today i was meant to at 1:30 (31st May)

Assume it's still 1.30 unless you've received any email saying otherwise. It probably hasn't changed for you.
Yay, standard bill mo. My eyes have never worked so fast.
Bill Mo too! knew what I wanted then swooped in and clicked:cool:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending