The Student Room Group

Domino's pizza anyone???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Buy one get one free... 50% off when you spend over £30... two on Tuesdays...

Seriously dude, it's not difficult to find offers for Dominos and the pizzas taste amazing - the Meteor is my favourite.
Reply 61
4.99 for a large pizza if collected - and I live 2 minutes away!

Two for tuesdays!!

BBQ sauce and smokey bacon!!!!
Original post by Katiechops
Heyyy,
Has anyone tried Domino's pizza? And do you think its over-priced?

I work for this company and get complaints from customers about the price... £17 for a large pizza, how is this justifiable??

What do you have on your pizzas?

Random thread i know! :smile:

I had one and the thin crust tasted like a garabaldi (not sure on the spelling!!) biscuit, had to contacts the store who refereed us to head office to give us another pizza... Not very tasty

Also the customer service is terrible on another occasion half our pizzas were not delivered and had to phone up, no apology was given.

Best sticking to pizza hut delivery buy I have to say the regaee regaee pizza does look tempting!! :smile:
Reply 63
Love dominos!
During freshers' week at uni there was stands all over the uni where the workers were handingout free pizza! Was freaking awesome :biggrin:
But yeah, it is pretty expensive.
Original post by Katiechops
Heyyy,
Has anyone tried Domino's pizza? And do you think its over-priced?

I work for this company and get complaints from customers about the price... £17 for a large pizza, how is this justifiable??

What do you have on your pizzas?

Random thread i know! :smile:

It is very expensive, but I like it so much that when I can afford it I am prepared to pay that. I don't think Domino's are the kinda of place that expect you to use of them on a regular basis. In my opinion their pizzas are exceptionally nice, second only to the proper Italian pizza I had in Pompeii. I also like their sides and their desserts. You can get some good deals if you get them online too. I would go to Domino's more often if it was cheaper though.
I always have veggie supreme and my boyfriend has the mighty meaty often with chicken strippers.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 65
Original post by Teaddict
Buy one get one free... 50% off when you spend over £30... two on Tuesdays...

Seriously dude, it's not difficult to find offers for Dominos and the pizzas taste amazing - the Meteor is my favourite.

But who the **** wants pizza on a Tuesday? I want pizza on a Friday or Saturday, or possibly a Sunday at a push.

Who spends over £30 on whats supposed to be a cheap takeaway? That's my entire weekly food allowance. I expect to pay about £5 and get more pizza than I could possibly eat.

Even at half price, Dominos is still twice as expensive as a normal pizza place and nowhere near as good. It's like if McDonalds burger meals were £25, but people still ate there anyway. It's sheer idiocy.
Reply 66
Original post by py0alb
But who the **** wants pizza on a Tuesday? I want pizza on a Friday or Saturday, or possibly a Sunday at a push.

Who spends over £30 on whats supposed to be a cheap takeaway? That's my entire weekly food allowance. I expect to pay about £5 and get more pizza than I could possibly eat.

Even at half price, Dominos is still twice as expensive as a normal pizza place and nowhere near as good. It's like if McDonalds burger meals were £25, but people still ate there anyway. It's sheer idiocy.

Maybe you should make a nice little friend to help you with the deals like the rest of us :wink:

Mcdonalds burgers? Are you stupid?

You realize you could make burgers at like at most a third of the cost they charge you .. :facepalm: . Such is the rule with fast food. McDonalds charge just as ridiculously as Dominoes do, it's just the initial product & more outgoings make the actual figure larger.
Reply 67
Original post by Tommyjw
Maybe you should make a nice little friend to help you with the deals like the rest of us :wink:

Mcdonalds burgers? Are you stupid?

You realize you could make burgers at like at most a third of the cost they charge you .. :facepalm: . Such is the rule with fast food. McDonalds charge just as ridiculously as Dominoes do, it's just the initial product & more outgoings make the actual figure larger.

you've missed the point of the analogy.

McDonalds Cheeseburger: quality 6/10. price 99p
Burger from top burger restaurant: quality 9/10. price £10

McDonalds is lower quality, but is better for price, hence the reason people buy it.

Domino's large pizza, 5 toppings: quality 6/10. Price £20 (optimistically)
Independent Pizza place large pizza with 5 toppings: quality 9/10, price £5

Domino's is lower quality but is better for price. OH WAIT, no its not, its actually far more expensive. 4 times as expensive in fact. Utterly ridiculous.

If you do the maths, its equivalent to McDonalds charging £40 a cheeseburger. Would you buy a £40 mcDonalds cheeseburger? No? Then why do you buy Domino's ****ty overpriced pizza?
I wanna try that new reggae reggae sauce pizza
Reply 69
Original post by py0alb

McDonalds is lower quality, but is better for price, hence the reason people buy it.

Domino's is lower quality but is better for price. OH WAIT, no its not, its actually far more expensive. 4 times as expensive in fact. Utterly ridiculous.

If you do the maths, its equivalent to McDonalds charging £40 a cheeseburger. Would you buy a £40 mcDonalds cheeseburger? No? Then why do you buy Domino's ****ty overpriced pizza?

Wow.. just .. wow.. you call that maths? :facepalm:

Firstly - Dominoes is definitely better quality than these cheap fast food places that include pizza on a menu which would charge £5. This is blatently obvious. Just because your weird little mind doesn't think so doesn't mean it is actually true.

Secondly - A pizza does not cost £20. If you are going to attempt to do maths with this, at least put the right figures.

Secondly, MCdonalds burger - £1
Burger made self = £0.30
Done.

How do your maths look now?
Dominoes pizza being £15. £5 from a cheaper place.
McDonaldsburger being £1 . Less than half that if you make it yourself.

Let alone the fact you tried to compare Dominoes & a cheap place, and McDonalds & an expensive place.
But seriously.. you actually thought Dominoes was lower quality than those places? Jesus christ :facepalm:

My god your post was just full of wrong maths, terribly wrong opinions and was just frankly idiotic.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 70
Original post by Tommyjw
Wow.. just .. wow.. you call that maths? :facepalm:

Firsly Dominoes is clearly 'better quality' than a normal restaurant, just because you don't think so doesn't make your opinion correct. Dominoes is definitely better quality than these cheap fast food places that include pizza on a menu. This is blatently obvious.

Secondly - A pizza does not cost £20.

Secondly, MCdonalds burger - £1
Burger made self = £0.30
Done.

Why Compare McDonalds to something different than you compare Dominoes too? Stupid.

My god your post was just full of wrong maths, terribly wrong opinions and was just frankly idiotic.

Seriously, how old are you? Could you even find a hole in my maths? Times £10 by 4 and tell me you don't get £40. We're not talking about homemade vs takeaway (that's a different question altogether), we're talking about the well known phenomenon of inverse correlation between demand and price seen in the takeaway pizza market on perfect substitutable goods. How much micro have you studied?

How many independent pizzerias have you even tried? Domino's is low quality rubbish in comparison. They hire 16 year olds on minimum wage to put together the ingredients, so why would you even expect it to be a fraction of the quality of an authentic pizzeria. :dontknow:
Reply 71
Original post by py0alb
Seriously, how old are you? Could you even find a hole in my maths? Times £10 by 4 and tell me you don't get £40. We're not talking about homemade vs takeaway (that's a different question altogether), we're talking about the well known phenomenon of inverse correlation between demand and price seen in the takeaway pizza market on perfect substitutable goods. How much micro have you studied?

How many independent pizzerias have you even tried? Domino's is low quality rubbish in comparison. They hire 16 year olds on minimum wage to put together the ingredients, so why would you even expect it to be a fraction of the quality of an authentic pizzeria. :dontknow:

Well done, how clever are you? :rolleyes:

Dominoes is low quality? OH right okay, that's why they continue to sell much more than these independent places :rolleyes: . Funny guy.

I wasn't aware 'putting together the ingredients' required a mass amount of skill. But, i guess placing slices of pepperoni on to a pizza base etc must be a very hard job that should only be done by a qualified chef? :eek:

Your maths was terrible. You used wrong figures and compared the wrong things, deal with it.
Reply 72
Can we just come to an agreement that Dominos is awesome!
But pricey...
Reply 73
Lol so by making it half the price on one of the days they have actually gotten you to believe that paying £8 for a pizza is reasonable

"Hey I normally sell mars bars's for a tenner, but today ill give it you for a fiver"

"Oh sweet I save 5 pounds, what a great deal!"
Reply 74
Original post by Tommyjw
Well done, how clever are you? :rolleyes:

Dominoes is low quality? OH right okay, that's why they continue to sell much more than these independent places :rolleyes: . Funny guy.

I wasn't aware 'putting together the ingredients' required a mass amount of skill. But, i guess placing slices of pepperoni on to a pizza base etc must be a very hard job that should only be done by a qualified chef? :eek:

Your maths was terrible. You used wrong figures and compared the wrong things, deal with it.

Yes it is well known to be low quality pizza. It gets destroyed in every blind taste test I have read about.

Popularity is so often defined by habit and marketing strategy, not by product quality. Domino's is one of the ultimate examples of this, along with Apple computers and Stella Artois. There is evidence that takeaway pizza may be an example of a Giffen good.

I like how you don't actually have an argument other than to say "you're totally wrong". In summation all the evidence is on my side: the maths, the economics, the food studies. The fact that you think making a high quality pizza requires little to no culinary skill just demonstrates how out of your depth you are in this argument. :rolleyes:
Reply 75
Original post by edd360
Lol so by making it half the price on one of the days they have actually gotten you to believe that paying £8 for a pizza is reasonable

"Hey I normally sell mars bars's for a tenner, but today ill give it you for a fiver"

"Oh sweet I save 5 pounds, what a great deal!"

This. Unfortunately, many people are too stupid and/or lazy to try a few independent places until they find a good one.
Reply 76
Original post by py0alb
Yes it is well known to be low quality pizza. It gets destroyed in every blind taste test I have read about.

Popularity is so often defined by habit and marketing strategy, not by product quality. Domino's is one of the ultimate examples of this, along with Apple computers and Stella Artois. There is evidence that takeaway pizza may be an example of a Giffen good.

I like how you don't actually have an argument other than to say "you're totally wrong". In summation all the evidence is on my side: the maths, the economics, the food studies. The fact that you think making a high quality pizza requires little to no culinary skill just demonstrates how out of your depth you are in this argument. :rolleyes:

You mean like this one? http://www.yumsugar.com/Dominos-Pizza-Wins-Blind-Pizza-Tasting-7270760 :rolleyes:

Ok saying Macs aren't the same, or better, quality as windows equivalents is just stupid. I assume you literally now sweet f all about computers, because that is frankly ridiculous :facepalm:

Your maths was wrong. You used the wrong numbers.
Your economics.. well.. isn't even economics. It's just stating a few things that basically relate to every single fast food outlet.

And well.. your food studies.. was just wrong :rolleyes:
Original post by py0alb

I disagree, I would always give Domino's 10/10. Whereas any others I have tried would never deserve that. Not even Pizza Hut. I am aware it is a matter of a opinion but I am yet to meet someone who doesn't like Dominoes.

Also to whoever mentioned Sainsbury's pizzas, as I said I always have veggie supreme, I bought a veggie supreme from Sainsbury's and left half of it cos it was so disgusting.
Reply 78
Original post by Tommyjw
You mean like this one? http://www.yumsugar.com/Dominos-Pizza-Wins-Blind-Pizza-Tasting-7270760 :rolleyes:

Ok saying Macs aren't the same, or better, quality as windows equivalents is just stupid. I assume you literally now sweet f all about computers, because that is frankly ridiculous :facepalm:

Your maths was wrong. You used the wrong numbers.
Your economics.. well.. isn't even economics. It's just stating a few things that basically relate to every single fast food outlet.

And well.. your food studies.. was just wrong :rolleyes:

"Domino's Pizza claims to have taken the pie in a blind taste test against competitors Papa John's and Pizza Hut"

Thats like saying vomit won a blind taste test against dog**** and year old yoghurt.

and yes, a windows or linux machine is considerably more powerful and functional than the Mac you could buy for the same amount of money. I don't think many people would even deny that.
Reply 79
Original post by hippieglitter
I disagree, I would always give Domino's 10/10. Whereas any others I have tried would never deserve that. .

What others have you tried, to be able to make that comparison? Obviously, chain restaurants do not count.

Quick Reply

Latest