The Student Room Group

Domino's pizza anyone???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by py0alb
My comparison used quality as the independent variable and price as the dependent variable. It's quite clear that you don't know the difference, hence the reason you keep making remarks that to anyone who understands these things appear instantly ridiculous. You then assumed that quality was in a linear relationship to price, which I was demonstrating it wasn't. It really wasn't that complex, I would expect a gcse student to understand it. Clearly, you're not at that intellectual level.

The comparison was between large pizzas (14 inch) with 5 toppings of your choice. That costs £19.19, I just looked it up on the Domino's website. You're not comparing like for like. Again: I would expect a gcse student to understand the importance of keeping all other factors constant in any experiment. Did they not terach you that in school?

Quite clear that i don't know the difference?

Oh.. wait.. i am sorry to say but i do know the difference. But.. that would mean you are wrong.. yet again?!?!

Stop using assumptions to try and create your points, they continue to be wrong and it is embarrassing.

Resulting to the standard insults to try and regain some control, how cute :rolleyes:

You do not pay £19 for a single dominoes pizza.

You pay roughly £10 - £16 .
Any toppings you want different from the large amount of pre-set options you can just take one off, and add a different one on. I believe 3 changes is the max? something like that
American hot pizza - I like everything but pepperoni. Take away that, put pineapple instead, same price.

Yet again, using the very extreme example you did does not validate your argument.

Your main points proved stupid, yet again.
Reply 101
Original post by Tommyjw
Quite clear that i don't know the difference?

Oh.. wait.. i am sorry to say but i do know the difference. But.. that would mean you are wrong.. yet again?!?!

Stop using assumptions to try and create your points, they continue to be wrong and it is embarrassing.

Resulting to the standard insults to try and regain some control, how cute :rolleyes:

You do not pay £19 for a single dominoes pizza.

You pay roughly £10 - £16 .
Any toppings you want different from the large amount of pre-set options you can just take one off, and add a different one on. I believe 3 changes is the max? something like that
American hot pizza - I like everything but pepperoni. Take away that, put pineapple instead, same price.

Yet again, using the very extreme example you did does not validate your argument.

Your main points proved stupid, yet again.

You realise that just claiming that you know the difference is not evidence that you do, whereas your previous misunderstandings are evidence that you don't.

If you don't want everyone who reads this thread to think you a fool, why don't you explain the difference, and then give a detailed explanation of where my comparison was wrong?

Re pizza price: if Domino's website says the pizza I want is £19.19, then why should I believe you that its not? Can you guarantee that I could make any pizza I wanted simply by rearranging 3 items? No you can't, because its unlikely to be true.

By the way, whilst I am trying to keep this discussion on track, three quarters of your posts have just become vague insults rather than actual points, a sure sign that someone knows they're losing the argument. You're likely to be warned soon if you don't calm down and start responding in a more respectful manner.
Reply 102
Original post by py0alb
You realise that just claiming that you know the difference is not evidence that you do, whereas your previous misunderstandings are evidence that you don't.

If you don't want everyone who reads this thread to think you a fool, why don't you explain the difference, and then give a detailed explanation of where my comparison was wrong?

Re pizza price: if Domino's website says the pizza I want is £19.19, then why should I believe you that its not? Can you guarantee that I could make any pizza I wanted simply by rearranging 3 items? No you can't, because its unlikely to be true.

By the way, whilst I am trying to keep this discussion on track, three quarters of your posts have just become vague insults rather than actual points, a sure sign that someone knows they're losing the argument. You're likely to be warned soon if you don't calm down and start responding in a more respectful manner.

Just because your pizza costs that does not mean we use that figure :rolleyes: . I want a laptop that cost £2200 , when looking at whether laptops are worth the money, do we only look at that cost? No.

When i did i say there was a linear relationship?
Previous misunderstandings being proving your points wrong because using extreme values does not contribute to a fair discussion point? Oh shame on me :wink:

Losing the arguments?

I have proved every single point of yours wrong.

People like the taste of dominoes, you have not proved that they prefer other places (because clearly are just wrong)

Proved that macs are of high quality.

Proved that your maths was wrong, and that pizza's do not cost £19 .

Every single other thing you have said is '*insert fairly common term* - But you don't know that do you'
Basically, you assume ridiculous things and post nothing else worth of value, and it is embarrassing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 103
Original post by Tommyjw
Just because your pizza costs that does not mean we use that figure :rolleyes: . I want a laptop that cost £2200 , when looking at whether laptops are worth the money, do we only look at that cost? No.

This about sums it up. Once again you have confused dependent and independent variables. (I notice you avoided the invitation to explain the difference) :facepalm2: If you want to use price as the independent variable, how about this: Its Friday night, and I have a ten pound note. I want to have pizza for me and my friend. From the local pizzeria, I can get two large pizzas, any toppings of our choice and still have £1 to spare. What can I get from Domino's for £10 that would serve 2 people?

When i did i say there was a linear relationship?
Previous misunderstandings being proving your points wrong because using extreme values does not contribute to a fair discussion point? Oh shame on me :wink:

Losing the arguments?

I have proved every single point of yours wrong.

People like the taste of dominoes, you have not proved that they prefer other places (because clearly are just wrong)

Proved that macs are of high quality.

Proved that your maths was wrong, and that pizza's do not cost £19 .

Every single other thing you have said is '*insert fairly common term* - But you don't know that do you'
Basically, you assume ridiculous things and post nothing else worth of value, and it is embarrassing.

You haven't "proved" anything. You've just said "you're wrong" whilst clearly misunderstanding my argument, which I have attempted to repeat for you on several occasions.

The idea that saying "macs are high quality" somehow "proves" it is just laughable. Similarly, saying "pizzas do not cost £19" (in direct contradiction with the dominos website), is just stupid. Who are people meant to believe, you or the website?
Jalapenos, Tandoori Chicken, Roast Chicken, Cheesy Crust, Double Mozzarella.

Mozzarella sticks on the side. Yes I like cheese, and spicy things. And chicken.
Wow, you lot are still at each other?
Also, it says a lot about TSR when there is a pedantic argument even in a thread about ****ing Domino's Pizza.
Original post by py0alb

Who'd want pizza on a Tuesday when there's this to do instead, amirite?
Dominoes pizza is so overrated..Papa Johns make the best pizza!
Reply 109
Original post by cambio wechsel
Who'd want pizza on a Tuesday when there's this to do instead, amirite?

I don't get paid for eating Pizza.
Domino's pizza's are absolutely beautiful and I have student vouchers so it's pretty cheap.
Original post by weekendoffender
jalapenos, tandoori chicken, roast chicken, cheesy crust, double mozzarella.

Mozzarella sticks on the side. Yes i like cheese, and spicy things. And chicken.

epic combo.
Original post by py0alb
I don't get paid for eating Pizza.

BTW - I totally agree with you. Normally, I think you and Tommy are obtuse characters on TSR, but yeah here you're in the right.
Reply 113
Original post by py0alb
This about sums it up. Once again you have confused dependent and independent variables. (I notice you avoided the invitation to explain the difference) :facepalm2: If you want to use price as the independent variable, how about this: Its Friday night, and I have a ten pound note. I want to have pizza for me and my friend. From the local pizzeria, I can get two large pizzas, any toppings of our choice and still have £1 to spare. What can I get from Domino's for £10 that would serve 2 people?

You haven't "proved" anything. You've just said "you're wrong" whilst clearly misunderstanding my argument, which I have attempted to repeat for you on several occasions.

The idea that saying "macs are high quality" somehow "proves" it is just laughable. Similarly, saying "pizzas do not cost £19" (in direct contradiction with the dominos website), is just stupid. Who are people meant to believe, you or the website?

Ok mr 'i clutch on to any argument i have' :rolleyes:

Just to answer your post.
' Buy any pizza, any size + a bottle of 1.25L Coke for just £9.99 - '
' Any medium pizza , buy one get one free.'
Or, depending on your area, 2 large pizzas for just over 10 quid, dunno if that counts, it is more than 10, you seem to like clutching on tiny things like this :rolleyes:

I do not see why i need to sit here and explain the definition of them.
It is simply your way of trying to regain dominance over this. If your pathetic little needy mind really needs me to explain something then so be it, but it is simply pointless.
The independent variable typically represents the value being manipulated/changed. The dependent variable is the result we have observed of the independent variable being manipulated/changed.

Happy ? Or annoyed that you now don't have something to spend half of all your posts rambling on about?

Apparently i need to sit you down on my knee and explain it to you :rolleyes: . Seem as you are the only person i have ever seen that is trying to say Macs are not of high quality :colondollar:

Yet again, ' a pizza does not cost £19' is a generalizing phrase. Just because you have used the worst and least used method to make this price does not mean it is included in too how much it costs.
Just like saying 'pints do not cost £10' Yet you will find a place that has a pint for say, £12. That does not mean that pints cost that much, that is an outliers, an exclusion from the real figure.

You have yet to give any evidence that people prefer pizza's from anywhere else.

You have yet to give any real reasoning behind your ridiculous view that Macs are not built to good quality.

So.. what the hell is your actual argument here?
(edited 12 years ago)
If you order with a large group of people and have the right vouchers dominos can be pretty cheap. I think the last time I ordered with loads of people I ended up getting half a large pizza for 2 or 3 quid :smile:
Reply 115
I've just ordered and eaten Dominos - Since when did they start doing stuffed crust!? It's amazing!
Reply 116
Original post by chloenestea
They're nice, but I can go to another carry-out and get a 21" pizza, large chips and 2 litre bottle of juice for £10.99. Just as nice.

Please tell me you meant 12" pizza and not 21", otherwise ima have to find this carry-out:colone:
Original post by Tommyjw
Blah

Sorry for targeting you, but could you explain why you think it's rewarding to have a structured, detailed debate about the price of pizza? Don't you think that's a waste of time and energy?
Domino's pizza is beautiful, aaaah

I haven't had it in years though because my parents decided to "escape to the country" and nowhere. Bloody. Delivers. :|
Reply 119
Original post by Tommyjw
Ok mr 'i clutch on to any argument i have' :rolleyes:

Just to answer your post.
' Buy any pizza, any size + a bottle of 1.25L Coke for just £9.99 - '
' Any medium pizza , buy one get one free.'
Or, depending on your area, 2 large pizzas for just over 10 quid, dunno if that counts, it is more than 10, you seem to like clutching on tiny things like this :rolleyes:

I do not see why i need to sit here and explain the definition of them.
It is simply your way of trying to regain dominance over this. If your pathetic little needy mind really needs me to explain something then so be it, but it is simply pointless.
The independent variable typically represents the value being manipulated/changed. The dependent variable is the result we have observed of the independent variable being manipulated/changed.

Happy ? Or annoyed that you now don't have something to spend half of all your posts rambling on about?

Apparently i need to sit you down on my knee and explain it to you :rolleyes: . Seem as you are the only person i have ever seen that is trying to say Macs are not of high quality :colondollar:

Yet again, ' a pizza does not cost £19' is a generalizing phrase. Just because you have used the worst and least used method to make this price does not mean it is included in too how much it costs.
Just like saying 'pints do not cost £10' Yet you will find a place that has a pint for say, £12. That does not mean that pints cost that much, that is an outliers, an exclusion from the real figure.

You have yet to give any evidence that people prefer pizza's from anywhere else.

You have yet to give any real reasoning behind your ridiculous view that Macs are not built to good quality.

So.. what the hell is your actual argument here?

Damn the amount you two have written on pizzas makes one crave for a dominos:biggrin: haha

Quick Reply

Latest