The Student Room Group

AQA BIOL2 Biology Unit 2 Exam - 26th May 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jeshiii
For the pesticide one when it said about evaporation from the lake I wrote that if the water is evaporating then the concentration of pesticides will increase as they don't evaporate with the water.
Anyone else wrote this?

I couldn't remember the starch stuff which annoyed me as I knew it was my bad topic.
I wrote its insoluble in water and compact etc but non of that really answered the question did it?

- I wrote exactly that cos water would otherwise dilute it
Original post by EffKayy
Only same species will recognise the call, then elaborated and talked more about
the female receptive stage and female recnogising male etc.

It wasn't asking about the process of courtship behaviour it was looking at how to identify species that way and their relationship

So it would of been about more closely related species having more similar mating calls etc.
Original post by TlanTlan
It wasn't asking about the process of courtship behaviour it was looking at how to identify species that way and their relationship

So it would of been about more closely related species having more similar mating calls etc.

Courtship BEHAVIOUR DOES identify if the species are similar. jheeze

Mating calls = courtship behaviour.
Yeah i linked them together, but i thought the question wasn't asking for a description of the courtship mating behaviour.
ums conversion is good for biol papers, on a passed paper i got like 64/85 and using aqa website ums converter it turned out that was like 137/140 ums!!!!
I don't remember the courtship behaviour question :l
What was the exact question and what other questions were asked on the same page?
has anyone uploaded the paper yet? :smile:
how did everyone find it? :smile:
Original post by minisardar12
how did everyone find it? :smile:

well look through the 100 or so pages and find out.
Original post by Insanity514
I don't remember the courtship behaviour question :l
What was the exact question and what other questions were asked on the same page?

about investigating relationship in species by the 'call'.
Reply 2071
Original post by parallal
I put the same thing for the pesticides question.

For the starch I think you had to put it was insoluble so it will not affect water potential of the cell. It won't lower w.p. so excess water will not be taken in by osmosis and the cell will not burst.

Ahh yeh :/
I knew it was insoluble but my brain just shut down on the water potential section.
I'm a div aha, that was really obvious too!
Reply 2072
Is there an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by Messi3
Is there an unofficial mark scheme?

no
Original post by barzy_j
Why do people make it sound so difficult and worry people? All you had to say is that starch is insoluble and so has no osmotic effects (forget this whole water potential business)

yeah thats exactly it !! some people tend to go overboard for the extra marks, when actually they score full marks for saying starch is insoluble and has no osmotic effects.
Original post by James A
yeah thats exactly it !! some people tend to go overboard for the extra marks, when actually they score full marks for saying starch is insoluble and has no osmotic effects.

Also i don't know why they give us so many lines to write an answer like that, you could fit it in one line...:confused:
Original post by barzy_j
Ignore the lines, never work with lines.. if you think you need to fill it, there's a possibility you could talk your way out of marks

lol i know i just wrote insoluble(1) so no osmosis (1). Sufficient. No need to woffle.
Reply 2077
Original post by barzy_j
No osmosis is a little vague, no osmotic effects is what is on the mark scheme

same here thats what i do lmao some people just waffle on lol osmosis isnt vague lol
Reply 2078
Original post by kingam
same here thats what i do lmao some people just waffle on lol osmosis isnt vague lol

can you remember what you got for the DNA hybrid questions dont mind me asking
Original post by kingam
can you remember what you got for the DNA hybrid questions dont mind me asking

why the hell have you got 20 warning points?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending