The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kinkerz
I doubt they'd be classed as essential knowledge! It's just you'll get drugs that work on them and it's difficult to understand the drug if you don't know the target.

you are such a nerd.
Original post by Wangers
Is that the abortion drug?

indeed it is, along with PGE2s like dinoproston and PGF2alphas like carboprost. typically with something like mifepristone to lower the necessary dose.

also worthy of note is a role in antagonising the gastric effects on NSAIDs.

i just remember it as the abortion one first too though :tongue:
Original post by Isometrix
you are such a nerd.

It's called interest... oh, and actually wanting to know what the drugs I may end up prescribing do. And perhaps a shade of nerdiness :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by crazylemon
Nah as long as you know what they are for it is fine :p:

Knowing the mechanisms gives neat insights into contraindications and side effects though :tongue:
Right I'm going to watch some surgery tomorrow for the first time, what the hell do I do with my long hair (bar chopping it off!)? Anyone wanna shed some light?
Reply 3645
Original post by Mushi_master
Right I'm going to watch some surgery tomorrow for the first time, what the hell do I do with my long hair (bar chopping it off!)? Anyone wanna shed some light?

Just tie it back and use one of the ladies theatre hats same as we do :smile:
Original post by Hygeia
Just tie it back and use one of the ladies theatre hats same as we do :smile:

Would I have to put it in a bun or anything like that? I'm going to look well 'ard :cool:
Reply 3647
Would I have to put it in a bun or anything like that? I'm going to look well 'ard :cool:

I just put my hair in a ponytail and tuck it up under the edges of the hat.
Original post by Hygeia
I just put my hair in a ponytail and tuck it up under the edges of the hat.

Nice, I have no idea how to do anything with my hair bar that! Feel like such a noob with such questions :tongue:

Let's just hope I don't pass out, need to maintain some man points.
Reply 3649
Nice, I have no idea how to do anything with my hair bar that! Feel like such a noob with such questions :tongue:

I always keep a bottle of water in the anaesthetic room so I can pop through and have some if I feel faint (but then again, I'm usually with the anaesthetists rather than the surgeons so am sat down anyway!)
Good luck to Cambridge medics with their finals, I was on HCA duty over the bank holiday and quite a few of you came by for last minute clerking :smile:. In other news, have seen some very interesting stuff over the last couple of days, GBS, Conns, Turners, MEN :smile: The joys of tertiary centres! Not good for the patients and not bread and butter work, but back to medicine after orthopaedics :biggrin:
Reply 3651

Make sure you eat something before you go, that definitely helps. What are you watching tomorrow?
Reply 3652
Chop it off you big girl!
Reply 3653
Original post by Renal

Original post by Renal

:ditto:

Whoop whoop, finals start in just under 12 hours. WHAT THE **** IS PUBLIC HEALTH?!
Reply 3654
Original post by visesh
Whoop whoop, finals start in just under 12 hours. WHAT THE **** IS PUBLIC HEALTH?!
Good luck mate.

Double-loop the ponytail (so dont pull it all the way through the band) else I find the weight of it pulls my hat off. And I use a wide band round my head to hold back stray bits that tend to poke out. Though my hair has been anything up to T6 length this year...
Original post by visesh
:ditto:

Good luck!
Original post by Syncope
Make sure you eat something before you go, that definitely helps. What are you watching tomorrow?

A vascular list apparently - some AAA repairs and such. I'm sure I'll be fine, just an alien environment to me as of yet.
Original post by Renal

:lol:

Could make a mint from it tbh.
For the first time in my life, I have a sports kit with my name on the back. Feels good, man.

Latest

Trending

Trending