The Student Room Group

Maths Uni Chat

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6240
Why is self-teaching modules one or two days before the exam so effective? It feels like cheating!
Original post by .matt
Why is self-teaching modules one or two days before the exam so effective? It feels like cheating!

Exactly what I'm doing too. :mmm:

Usually write up and shorten all the lecture notes about a week before, then spend the last few days writing up past papers making sure I know what's going on. :awesome:

This springs to mind for some reason.
Reply 6242
Original post by .matt

Very true. I'm not going to work in Easter next year, what's the point? You just forget it all by exam day and end up cramming everything the night before anyway.
I have now spent more time wondering whether to learn the proof of Taylor's theorem than it would actually take to learn said proof. fml
Reply 6244
Original post by tommm
I have now spent more time wondering whether to learn the proof of Taylor's theorem than it would actually take to learn said proof. fml

Integration by parts.
Reply 6245
Original post by tommm

Taylor's been destroying my life since 2007.
I had to do far too many Taylor expansions in my Optimisation exam. :sad:
Original post by SimonM
Integration by parts.

Oh, OK, I see how that could work. The only proof I've seen starts from Rolle's theorem.

"Please rate some other members before rating this member again."
I've discovered that, with quotes, "orthogonal bassist" is a googlewhack. Revision is going well.
Any maths students here ever have problems with using a macbook pro? Eg, any software that doesnt work?

Thanks
Reply 6252
Original post by Rickelton
Any maths students here ever have problems with using a macbook pro? Eg, any software that doesnt work?

Thanks

Nope. I have MBP and it runs everything I need.
Original post by SimonM
Nope. I have MBP and it runs everything I need.

Very very reassuring, thank you very much!
Original post by tommm
I've discovered that, with quotes, "orthogonal bassist" is a googlewhack. Revision is going well.

Or at least it will be until Google next indexes TSR...
Reply 6255
Electromagnetism, it turns out, is much easier for me to understand if I do everything in terms of A-level Physics. (And just fiddle the notation to agree with vector calculus...)
FINISHED. Stats went alright, could have been much worse. Just had my Jaquilabomb (Jagerbomb, tequila slammer, another Jagerbomb) and am now doing to the park to drink Carlsberg and shiraz all afternoon. Then I'm going clubbing.
Reply 6257
Original post by Hedgeman49
FINISHED. Stats went alright, could have been much worse. Just had my Jaquilabomb (Jagerbomb, tequila slammer, another Jagerbomb) and am now doing to the park to drink Carlsberg and shiraz all afternoon. Then I'm going clubbing.

Don't rub it in or anything...
Original post by SimonM
Don't rub it in or anything...

You'll be in my position soon enough.
Last exam in an hour.

Ready? **** yes.

Quick Reply

Latest