The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Colonel.
Oh yeah, haha :colonhash:

Shakespeare is just a different class, I was only kidding about not comparing. People will do it anyway.

I love Shakespeare, and I love Doctor Who, but you're right, comparing them is like...comparing a rock and a sponge. Or a cake and a tree.
Original post by Oncoming Storm
Yeah, as soon as I saw Tennant regenerate into Smith I thought "No, I hate you, go away and bring Tennant back!!!" and then when he popped out the TARDIS in the 11th Hour I thought..."Oh. Maybe he's not so bad..." and it took less than 45 minutes for me to love him as much as Tennant. :biggrin:

Sadly I think it took at least half (if not all) of Series 5 for me to realise how awesome (and cute) he is :tongue:

I can see resemblances between Doctor Who and Shakespeare, though I doubt that's what the writers were aiming for :lol:
Reply 4322
Yeah, he's pretty good. Got a bit tired of it by like the third book though. I've got some more of his to read as well.

yeah i started to get bored of his thursday next series a while ago to but i remember loving it once upon a time lol, i would highly recommend shades of grey by him though - hard to get into as its so odd but well worth it by the end :smile:

Token dr who comment: The doctor can hop in and out of other universes, maybe only a matter of time till he hops into the plot of an existing book or film :biggrin: ok it wont happen but i can dream as it would be amusing :tongue:
Original post by Stargatecrazy
Sadly I think it took at least half (if not all) of Series 5 for me to realise how awesome (and cute) he is :tongue:

I can see resemblances between Doctor Who and Shakespeare, though I doubt that's what the writers were aiming for :lol:

I thought he was awesome for ages but it took until a couple of weeks ago when I was re-watching series 5 to realise he's pretty good looking himself. :biggrin: Think it was the green eyes that did it for me. :love:
Original post by Greg1989
yeah i started to get bored of his thursday next series a while ago to but i remember loving it once upon a time lol, i would highly recommend shades of grey by him though - hard to get into as its so odd but well worth it by the end :smile:

Token dr who comment: The doctor can hop in and out of other universes, maybe only a matter of time till he hops into the plot of an existing book or film :biggrin: ok it wont happen but i can dream as it would be amusing :tongue:

:eek::eek:

That would be brilliant. Somebody needs to write this episode. They must!!
it's 66 hours and 40 minutes until saturday...
i.e. 2 days and 18 hours and 40 minutes
i.e. 4000 minutes
i.e. 24000 seconds

i.e. f**k yeah.
Reply 4326
Original post by Tasneemo
i.e. 4000 minutes
i.e. 24000 seconds

i.e. f**k yeah.

i dont even want to think about the kind of numbers involved in the equivalent post until the one after it though :/
i.e. 4000 minutes
i.e. 24000 seconds

i.e. f**k yeah.

:love:
i dont even want to think about the kind of numbers involved in the equivalent post until the one after it though :/

haha can you imagine?
3 months = ....*gets calculator*... fuuuu- when does episode 8 air?
Original post by Stargatecrazy

Everything, subconsciously or not, is influenced by Shakespeare.
Reply 4330
haha can you imagine?
3 months = ....*gets calculator*... fuuuu- when does episode 8 air?

i can the seconds number would take up a ton of lines just to write it! lol

im not sure all i know is its sometime in september :/
(edited 12 years ago)

How true :h:

Including Frank Turner's new album title!

Alhthough I would say Doctor Who has been more influenced by Harry Potter than Shakespeare
Reply 4333
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Including Frank Turner's new album title!

Alhthough I would say Doctor Who has been more influenced by Harry Potter than Shakespeare

harry potter the books or harry potter the movies? as this could totally alter my response as to whether i think its good or not :tongue:
harry potter the books or harry potter the movies? as this could totally alter my response as to whether i think its good or not :tongue:

The books.
Reply 4335
Original post by greeneyedgirl
The books.

in that case totally agree :biggrin: particularly in how it has managed such a broad appeal across all the different demographics
in that case totally agree :biggrin: particularly in how it has managed such a broad appeal across all the different demographics

And will endure for a long time :smile:
It won't endure for that long (Harry Potter).

In ep 'The Shakespeare Code', tennant said: “So, magic and stuff? It’s a surprise, it’s all a bit Harry Potter.” “Wait till you read book seven. Oh, I cried.”

:2in1:
(edited 12 years ago)
It won't endure for that long (Harry Potter).

Yes it will. I'll be reading my grandkids it (whether they like it or not!)