London

UCL Firm-ers! 2011 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Just got my acceptance letter for the M.A. in Global Migration! :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
To all prospective UCL history students!
I've just finished my 3rd year of the BA history course at UCL and have some books to sell which you will all find useful for your first year (and subsequent years). All really good prices (as I'm sure you'll find out, history books can be very expensive!) but I'm also open to offers.

These four are all on the reading list for the Concepts and Categories of History compulsory 1st year module and are really useful to have as everyone tries to get them out of the library.
- Stefan Berger, Heiko Feldner, Kevin Passmore, eds.,'Writing History: Theory and Practice' (Hodder Arnold, 2003) - £10
- Richard J. Evans, 'In defence of history' (Granta Books, 1997) - £10
- John Tosh, 'The pursuit of history', 4th ed. (Pearson, 2006) - £10
- Fritz Stern, ed., 'The varieties of history from Voltaire to the present' (Vintage, 1973) - £10

In addition, I've got some other text book-style useful books which cover lots of ground which you might be interested in reading over the summer:
- Merry E. Wiesner-Hanks, 'Early modern Europe, 1450-1789' (Cambridge University Press, 2008) - £15
- Roderick Floud and Paul Johnson, eds., 'The Cambridge economic history of Britain: Vol. I, Industrialisation, 1700-1860' (Cambridge University Press, 2008) - £12

As I said, I am open to offers, especially if you'd like to buy more than one! Please pm me for more details.
Firmed UCL for French :smile: Roll on September!
Original post by rosieloves
YES, chemistry msci :smile:

what A-Level subjects are you doing?
Original post by intelchaliph
what A-Level subjects are you doing?

chemistry, biology and psychology :smile:
Exams are over!!! I feel so free! Well, I'll see if I am going to UCL in July, so till then!
Reply 346
Original post by Dark Alukard
Exams are over!!! I feel so free! Well, I'll see if I am going to UCL in July, so till then!

Congrats bro! Hope they went well. Only a month until you find out?
Original post by rosieloves
chemistry, biology and psychology :smile:

seriously? u dont do maths? so we dont actually need maths to get accepted?
Original post by SouljaBoy
Congrats bro! Hope they went well. Only a month until you find out?

Yup :smile: It's actualy quite hard to stay calm and stop thinking about exams -_-
seriously? u dont do maths? so we dont actually need maths to get accepted?

nope, didnt do it past GCSE :smile: no you dont, only a few places actually require it.. at UCL theres a maths module in the first year, if you havent done a level maths you learn the relevant bits from it then (if you have done a level maths, you learn some degree-level maths instead).
Reply 350
Yup :smile: It's actualy quite hard to stay calm and stop thinking about exams -_-

Haha I bet. Don't worry chillax, it will be here in no time. (Easier said than done I know lol). Which subjects did you take?
Original post by SouljaBoy
Haha I bet. Don't worry chillax, it will be here in no time. (Easier said than done I know lol). Which subjects did you take?

Yeah. Today on last day talked to my math teacher and he said that all works were fine and so my also.... or something like that....

Physics, Math, English, IT
Reply 352
Yeah. Today on last day talked to my math teacher and he said that all works were fine and so my also.... or something like that....

Physics, Math, English, IT

Ahhh hard subjects. Hopefully you'll do well!
Reply 353
I firmed Law a while ago but I have only just found this thread! :smile:
Reply 354
when did you all get your rejection letters from LSE? I still haven't heard back about my application!! I"m getting worried that I might have to firm my UCL offer. But at least you guys seem cool :-)
Original post by 8Hannah8
when did you all get your rejection letters from LSE? I still haven't heard back about my application!! I"m getting worried that I might have to firm my UCL offer. But at least you guys seem cool :-)

Go away.
Reply 356
Original post by Noodlzzz
Go away.

I can't yet...I don't want to alienate people from UCL just in case i still get an offer from LSE on waiting list.
Reply 357
Original post by 8Hannah8
I can't yet...I don't want to alienate people from UCL just in case i still get an offer from LSE on waiting list.

What are you applying for? Unless its Economics or Politics I'm afraid you don't have much ground with which to argue. Most people on here are studying subjects that LSE don't offer, and besides the two subjects mentioned above, UCL consistently beats LSE on the subject league tables (even if they are not always a true reflection). So please stop being so ignorant!
Em.. U got unconditional offer for law? If I may know, what are your Alevels subjects? And what are ur predicted grades? thank you..

I took the IB, and actually graduated last year, so I already have my grades (41 points, with higher level English, History, Biology and Chemistry). I spent the last year at Durham, but didn't like it, so I decided to apply to UCL. Sadly, they don't allow transfers, so I have to repeat first year.
Has anyone got any forms or information from UCL yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending