The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MHorman

Original post by MHorman
If you find it let me know... :smile:

I got 3G watchdog down now...

Although there's only a finite amount of stuff i can use because my main number is still on my old phone...

Login to My O2: https://www.o2.co.uk/login?dest=https://myo2services.o2.co.uk/myo2services/home

There's a counter on there.
Ice Cream Sandwich is gonna be sick, you think?
Original post by biffyclyro27

Original post by biffyclyro27
hey guys, haven't posted here for a long time, but I thought this was the best place for it. I have just been asked to help sell my mums iPod touch on the bay, so I was having a play about with it tonight. I've used peoples iPhones/iPods before but this is the first time I've had a long time to get to grips with the thing. I just wanted to see how it compared to my HTC Legend as it is basically the iPhone without the phone...

I must say, since using my Legend for a year and a half now, Jesus Christ is this iPod unintuitive! no hardwired buttons, no menu screen to access for any apps - just a single settings menu that you have to come out of the application you are on to get to.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe Apple customers are blinded by the style... But I was always under the impression that the iPhone OS was really simple and easy to use and was a key part of their success.

Using the iPod has just further confirmed to me how much better Android is.... I would never trade down.

This x infinity :smile:
But seriously, my DHD broke, the touchscreen just went one night. So I took it to CPW and they had to send it off etc. In the meantime, I had to go back to an iPhone 3G. And dear me its about 10 steps backwards. For one, the widgets. Lovely widgets that display information without opening apps. How did I live before I had them. Then theres the complete lack of real multitasking. yes I know the 3G doesn't have it while the others do, buts its just a fail. On my DHD, I might play a game, press home, text someone, then just go to the app again and its where I left it. On the iPhone, I was playing stickman golf, then got a call, and when the call ended, I wasn't sent back to the app, I was at the home screen. And my 7 holes were lost forever, and I had to do them again. TBH, the only upside, which granted for me is a huge one over the android version, is iPod. Its just epic. No mobile media app compares imo.
But yeah, all in all, iOS is actually really poo.

Also, sense 3 is :smile:
Rather tempted by the HTC Desire deal on the T-Mobile website. Not entirely sure I want to sign up for a 24-month contract including a handset that's already well over a year old, though.
I have an HTC Hero and can I just say, Android OS is brilliant! :smile: I dare say, it persists to surprise me in a good way every time I discover something! :smile: Out-of-the-box the phone has a MS Office and PDF viewer, web browser with integrated Adobe Flash player, and an awesome game called Teeter-seeing is believing with this game, I urge you give it a go if you are getting an(or borrowing your friend's Hero :wink:) HTC Hero, see what HTC Sense is capable of!!! :P That's not to say that I dislike any other mobile operating system, but Android is awesome(I have used Windows Mobile and it is awesome too, still to give WM 7 a go!), and also Open Source(like the Linux range of operating systems, first developed in Finland as an alternative to UNIX) :smile:
Original post by Trimeresurus

Rather tempted by the HTC Desire deal on the T-Mobile website. Not entirely sure I want to sign up for a 24-month contract including a handset that's already well over a year old, though.

Are you specifically after that number of minutes/texts? If not, you can get the phone on a contract costing quite a bit less per month elsewhere. I've just upgraded to a Desire S, which I can highly recommend.

Also, don't forget to use a cashback site like Quidco if you're buying online!
Original post by Illusionary
Are you specifically after that number of minutes/texts? If not, you can get the phone on a contract costing quite a bit less per month elsewhere. I've just upgraded to a Desire S, which I can highly recommend.

Also, don't forget to use a cashback site like Quidco if you're buying online!

I tend to use my mobile quite heavily, so the included price plan is certainly rather attractive.

I'm also considering the HTC Desire HD deal on the aforementioned page, although it's unfortunately slightly more than I'd ideally like to pay per month. I may just wait a couple of hours and see what deals they have in store for June.
Original post by bordercollies10
I have an HTC Hero and can I just say, Android OS is brilliant! :smile:

Sounds like you're quite new to Android, yes?

I can tell you one thing for sure - whatever you can do with your Hero now, is nothing compared to what you could do with your Hero. :wink: I loved my Hero when I had one, great little phone. Just upgraded to the Desire S and I'm hoping HTC retrospectively unlock the bootloader so I can have just as much fun with it! :colone:
Just get a phone that can load custom ROMs and get rooted.

It's amazing how Android has eclipsed iOS in such a short amount of time...
Just under 30 minutes in which to decide. Hmm.
Beginning to regret not picking up the HTC Desire when I had the chance. The only thing that really put me off was the fact it was unlikely to receive any Android updates past 2.3.
Why has that chance gone? Can't you just buy one or get a different, equally good handset?
Original post by dulcificum
Why has that chance gone? Can't you just buy one or get a different, equally good handset?

I could, but the deal available at the time was particularly good.
How good?
Original post by dulcificum
How good?

600 minutes, unlimited texts (via the 'flexible booster') and unlimited internet for £20 per month.
Reply 5195
600 minutes, unlimited texts (via the 'flexible booster') and unlimited internet for £20 per month.

Thats a really good deal, thats what im on, but £30 quid. I got the phone on vodafone just after it came out.
Don't get the original Desire. Might as well go for the S. And updates mean nothing when you're rooted and booted!
Original post by yoyo462001
Don't get the original Desire. Might as well go for the S. And updates mean nothing when you're rooted and booted!

Oxymoronic advice right there. :wink:

The Desire S has a locked bootloader. Unless HTC retrospectively unlock it, that is.
Original post by mikeyd85

Original post by mikeyd85
Oxymoronic advice right there. :wink:

The Desire S has a locked bootloader. Unless HTC retrospectively unlock it, that is.

Oh yeah, I was hoping those guys at XDA managed to crack it. They had some progress on the Incred S, very unlucky for those guys.
Original post by yoyo462001
Oh yeah, I was hoping those guys at XDA managed to crack it. They had some progress on the Incred S, very unlucky for those guys.

Maybe they will, though I reckon HTC doing it will happen first if at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending