The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Original post by r05hni
Yeah I'm probs gonna go for the shared as it's one of the cheapest ensuite option because I can't get a loan this year.

Oh, best of luck :flutter:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 381
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Oh, best of luck :flutter:

Thank you :smile:.
Potentially a stupid question, but does choosing preference remove the accomodation guarentee with Loughborough, despite it being my firm choice? This is assuming I've get the necessary grades come August and get into my course.
Original post by Say My Name
Potentially a stupid question, but does choosing preference remove the accomodation guarentee with Loughborough, despite it being my firm choice? This is assuming I've get the necessary grades come August and get into my course.

No, you're still guaranteed a room, there's just no guarantee about what sort of room.
Reply 384
Thanks Potally_Tissed and everyone else hwo helped with the info on this thread, I have to say it's been really useful and helpful in choosing accomondation :smile:

One question...why is Bill Mo so popular haha? I'm hoping to get Royce or Faraday and if not then Rutherford or Cayley, and if none of these come up tomorrow I would have the worst luck in the world lol
Reply 385
Well hopefully will see you there in September!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 386
Hello I was told on my email to apply on the 1st of June, I am going to start this September to do maths G100. However after i logged on this morning there was only 2 self catered choices of Falkner for en-suite and Bulter Court for a twin room shared en-suite, I was wanting to either go to Hazlerigg - Rutland, Robert Bakewell or Wiliam Morris all for a single en-suite room. What should i do? i really want a single en-suite room in either of those places and i can't understand why all the places have seemingly run out this morning, what happened??!?!
Original post by SimSter
Hello I was told on my email to apply on the 1st of June, I am going to start this September to do maths G100. However after i logged on this morning there was only 2 self catered choices of Falkner for en-suite and Bulter Court for a twin room shared en-suite, I was wanting to either go to Hazlerigg - Rutland, Robert Bakewell or Wiliam Morris all for a single en-suite room. What should i do? i really want a single en-suite room in either of those places and i can't understand why all the places have seemingly run out this morning, what happened??!?!

Why the hell does nobody ever think to actually ring the University they have a problem with?

Surely if you saw this morning that there were no places left you could have given them a quick ring and found out in 10 minutes whether this was an error of if they had genuinely run out.

USE YOUR OWN MIND FOR ONCE.
Original post by SimSter

Hi, I've moved your post into the big accommodation thread. :smile:

Unfortunately those halls are three of the four most popular and over-subscribed halls (the other being Elvyn Richards). Your email about applying will have given a time from which you could apply and it's likely that the rooms in these popular halls will have been snapped up very quickly, quite possibly in less than an hour. There are posts earlier in this thread from people who applied 40 minutes after they were first able to and missed their first choices.

You will have to state a preference and see what you are offered after results day I'm afraid, or choose a room type that's still available.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 389
Original post by mackemforever

Why the hell does nobody ever think to actually ring the University they have a problem with?

Surely if you saw this morning that there were no places left you could have given them a quick ring and found out in 10 minutes whether this was an error of if they had genuinely run out.

I was going to ring but i couldn't because they closed at 5pm so try not to have a go at me when you don't know the full story
Reply 390
Original post by Potally_Tissed

Hi, I've moved your post into the big accommodation thread. :smile:

Unfortunately those halls are three of the four most popular and over-subscribed halls (the other being Elvyn Richards). Your email about applying will have given a time from which you could apply and it's likely that the rooms in these popular halls will have been snapped up very quickly, quite possibly in less than an hour. There are posts earlier in this thread from people who applied 40 minutes after they were first able to and missed their first choices.

You will have to state a preference and see what you are offered after results day I'm afraid, or choose a room type that's still available.

Thanks i have done, i chose a en-suite in either village or east. thanks for the reply
Original post by SimSter

Original post by SimSter
I was going to ring but i couldn't because they closed at 5pm so try not to have a go at me when you don't know the full story

Good to see you read your own first post.

So you ran out of time between "this morning" and 5pm?
Reply 392

[QUOTE="mackemforever;31861121"]Good to see you read your own first post.

So you ran out of time between "this morning" and 5pm?[/QUOTE

sorry i meant 2:30 when it opened and 5...
Reply 393
Hi I've been reading some of the comments and it seems that willliam morris is very popular which is good since i was looking to apply there. But i was also thinking if anyone had any personal experiences or thoughts on telford, falkner eggington and harry french.

Also im studying psychology this Ocotber, and i was wondering if I should take that into consideration when looking at accommodation.

A fast reply would be much needed thanks :smile:

In fairness, unless you had some reason to know quite how quickly the rooms get allocated, you could quite easily log on after half an hour and find the room you wanted isn't available any more.

Original post by SimSter
Thanks i have done, i chose a en-suite in either village or east. thanks for the reply

There will be people who miss their offers and whose rooms become available as a result, so don't panic. It's still possible you'll get one of your original choices.
Original post by SimSter
sorry i meant 2:30 when it opened and 5...

So 150 minutes isn't enough to make a 10 minute (max) phone call?
Original post by cheekydee
Hi I've been reading some of the comments and it seems that willliam morris is very popular which is good since i was looking to apply there. But i was also thinking if anyone had any personal experiences or thoughts on telford, falkner eggington and harry french.

Also im studying psychology this Ocotber, and i was wondering if I should take that into consideration when looking at accommodation.

A fast reply would be much needed thanks :smile:

Don't really know anything about those particular halls so can't help you there, but don't worry about your subject being a factor. Unless you're in engineering then most of your lectures will be in the main central lecture halls which are only about 15 minutes at the most from any of the accommodation, and you will rarely need to go to your department. In any case, you can't walk for more than about 30 minutes without running out of campus, and you can always use a bike. :smile:
Reply 397

So 150 minutes isn't enough to make a 10 minute (max) phone call?

I didn't think to ring them at the time. I can't see why you have to get angry, rather than help after all this is a forum which is meant to help people.
In fairness, unless you had some reason to know quite how quickly the rooms get allocated, you could quite easily log on after half an hour and find the room you wanted isn't available any more.

Doesn't change the fact that it should occur to people to use their own mind and speak to somebody who will be able to give them an accurate answer rather than a personal opinion.

Original post by SimSter
I didn't think to ring them at the time. I can't see why you have to get angry, rather than help after all this is a forum which is meant to help people.

Sorry for overreacting a bit, just it pisses me off that so many people come on here asking for help without making any attempt to solve the problem, or simply doing the bloody obvious, logical, thing first.
Doesn't change the fact that it should occur to people to use their own mind and speak to somebody who will be able to give them an accurate answer rather than a personal opinion.

True. Though it's a bit late for that now. If applications opened 6 hours ago then Bill Mo and Bakewell were probably full 5 and a half hours ago.

Sorry for overreacting a bit, just it pisses me off that so many people come on here asking for help without making any attempt to solve the problem, or simply doing the bloody obvious, logical, thing first.

If you're not going to at least try to help then ignore it. No one forces you to reply. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending