Imperial College London
London

Accomodation at Imperial

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by Zottula
I just like answering questions :biggrin:

You and me both - I'll give you that :smile:
Just that some of them Qs give you the urge to just convert yourself into a scripted forum-bot that auto-answers them - without you actually expending brainpower and finger stamina :tongue:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 801
Original post by Zottula
I just like answering questions :biggrin:

Original post by arianex
You and me both - I'll give you that :smile:
Just that some of them Qs give you the urge to just convert yourself into a scripted forum-bot that auto-answers them - without you actually expending brainpower and finger stamina :tongue:

You two just got too much time to burn on your hands.
Fancy doing 6 A-levels? xD
Reply 802
Original post by Dark-Myth

Wouldn't mind doing 6 A levels actually. I'm pretty bored.
Original post by arianex
I didn't reply to this Q because I was wondering if he/she/it (well, the username DOES have 3 little piggies) was for real. o.o I mean, it's in the name, and also on the website...

Surprisingly, there *are* some peeps there who maintain their citizenships from Douchebagistan - whether they have that "luxury" of anonymity (that they had on TSR) or not.

Chuckle. :tongue: I'm actually with crazylemon on this one, waaaay too many horror stories about the Freshman 15... xD

Freshman 15 =OOOO????!!!!!
Reply 804
Original post by Dark-Myth

Fancy having a life, China? :tongue:

Original post by kaosu_souzousha
Freshman 15 =OOOO????!!!!!

Ehehe. :tongue: It refers to an amount (don't know why it's somehow set at 15 lbs, must be arbitary) of weight gained during one's first year at college/uni...it's quite a common phrase in the US of A and Canada. Where my cousins are (Aussie, but let's include NZ), it's sometimes called "Fresher's spread", "Fresher's 5 (kilos)", "First Year Fatties".

It seems to ring really true though; a lot of my skinny seniors - both male and female - seem to have fallen prey to it come uni time (Facebook's good for "keeping track" of this sorta thing xD) Happens a lil' less often here though, because I suppose our portions/food aren't as bad as the Yanks'...well, depends on your habits. :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 805
Original post by Zottula
Yes. Everywhere is self-catered. There are some canteens/cafes at the uni itself but I think learning to cook is a good idea. It's an important life skill after all.

Okay thanks!
Original post by arianex

Ehehe. :tongue: It refers to an amount (don't know why it's somehow set at 15 lbs, must be arbitary) of weight gained during one's first year at college/uni...it's quite a common phrase in the US of A and Canada. Where my cousins are (Aussie, but let's include NZ), it's sometimes called "Fresher's spread", "Fresher's 5 (kilos)", "First Year Fatties".

It seems to ring really true though; a lot of my skinny seniors - both male and female - seem to have fallen prey to it come uni time (Facebook's good for "keeping track" of this sorta thing xD) Happens a lil' less often here though, because I suppose our portions/food aren't as bad as the Yanks'...well, depends on your habits. :wink:

I lost a bit of weight at uni.
But then I attempted to become ethanol powered for a short period of time.
Original post by arianex

Gaining a couple of kilos is good ^^ keeps you warm during winter

lol at my Russian mentality
Reply 808
Ah sh*t. Submitted my application a week ago and put in eastside and southside for the high weekly price band. Regretted doing so since. Emailed the accommodation people and they said they can only change your prefernece if there is a medical/welfare issue. :frown:
Reply 809
Gaining a couple of kilos is good ^^ keeps you warm during winter

lol at my Russian mentality

So does a good swig of vodka... :colone:

I'd rather the extra kilos on me came from layers of clothes. :tongue: Admittedly I do fluctuate a bit depending on the seasons, but hey... ^^
Original post by arianex
So does a good swig of vodka... :colone:

I'd rather the extra kilos on me came from layers of clothes. :tongue: Admittedly I do fluctuate a bit depending on the seasons, but hey... ^^

I am trying to learn how to cook a delicious soup but it seems like trying to design a nuclear power reactor.
Original post by sam242424
Ah sh*t. Submitted my application a week ago and put in eastside and southside for the high weekly price band. Regretted doing so since. Emailed the accommodation people and they said they can only change your prefernece if there is a medical/welfare issue. :frown:

It being unaffordable IS a welfare issue I would have thought?
Reply 812
I am trying to learn how to cook a delicious soup but it seems like trying to design a nuclear power reactor.

Ah bless :tongue: What's so challenging about it?
Reply 813

Tell them you just don't have that much money and therefore would end up starving. Surely that would count as a welfare issue?
Reply 814

Make one up :smile: / Excessive spending = mental breakdown.
Reply 815
Sent a second email asking whether budgeting problems count as welfare issues...
Reply 816
Sent a second email asking whether budgeting problems count as welfare issues...

I'd actually consider phoning the Student Accommodation Center and sort your fix out that way - you'll be assured that it's a real person and not an autoresponse script you'll end up dealing with, and you'll clear things up there and then. Besides, they won't bite. (They shouldn't. :tongue:)
Original post by arianex
I'd actually consider phoning the Student Accommodation Center and sort your fix out that way - you'll be assured that it's a real person and not an autoresponse script you'll end up dealing with, and you'll clear things up there and then. Besides, they won't bite. (They shouldn't. :tongue:)

They are lovely. Well to me anyway :p:
is their any advantage in applying early for accomodation? is there a deadline?

i feel ive left it a bit late and im worried my "popular" choices will all be taken already

sorry if questions have already been asnwered
Reply 819
Original post by Una Cerveza, Por Favor
is their any advantage in applying early for accomodation? is there a deadline?

i feel ive left it a bit late and im worried my "popular" choices will all be taken already

sorry if questions have already been asnwered

It's not first come first served. Everyone who gets their application in before the deadline (29th July) gets equal consideration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending