The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, for research purposes, could you spare like 3mins to fill this out.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1653168

:ta: Will give rep if possible. :mmm:
Just to reiterate something I'm curious about, can anyone answer this?
Original post by alexsheppard11
i though about getting an external hard drives cause there are some cheap ones around now, problem is, they are USB2.
Depends if you plan on getting a USB 3 compatible motherboard/laptop any time soon :smile:

Can you not just replace the case on it when you want to upgrade?
Original post by Chrosson
Just to reiterate something I'm curious about, can anyone answer this?

Can you not just replace the case on it when you want to upgrade?

Probably could, might be better to build your own external hdd?
Original post by spikeymike

Probably could, might be better to build your own external hdd?

Dude, 5am.
Original post by secretmessages
Dude, 5am.

Problem? I just randomly woke up.

Problem? I just randomly woke up.

Wake up in the middle of the night, first thought TSR :ahee:
Wake up in the middle of the night, first thought TSR :ahee:

:fyi: Was Facebook on phone, then mail, then TSR.
F1 then champions league final:awesome:

Spoiler

Where would you say is the cheapest place to buy a 230V 3 pin kettle lead from on a Sunday morning?
Original post by Mad Vlad
Where would you say is the cheapest place to buy a 230V 3 pin kettle lead from on a Sunday morning?

Poundland or similar. Probably.
Reply 9150
I was wondering if anyone can help me... I need to buy the "SoundMagic MP21 In - Ear Earphones with Mic for iPhone and Music Phones" for my brother's birthday (ASAP) and he has a Sony Ericsson Xperia... the only thing that I was wondering was that if it will work with it... as in the button... it will be disappointing if I bought it and it didn't!

Can anyone help me!?
Reply 9151
Original post by Ehsan007
I was wondering if anyone can help me... I need to buy the "SoundMagic MP21 In - Ear Earphones with Mic for iPhone and Music Phones" for my brother's birthday (ASAP) and he has a Sony Ericsson Xperia... the only thing that I was wondering was that if it will work with it... as in the button... it will be disappointing if I bought it and it didn't!

Can anyone help me!?

Which Xperia? the Arc? The Play? You're going to have to be more specific.
Reply 9152
Original post by Tathrim
Which Xperia? the Arc? The Play? You're going to have to be more specific.

Oh sorry... It's the XPeria X10!
Reply 9153
Original post by Ehsan007
Oh sorry... It's the XPeria X10!

looks like it would be possible, buy it and see.. if it doesn't don't feel too bad, keep the receipt, and return it. Happy days!!! :biggrin:
Reply 9154
Original post by Tathrim
looks like it would be possible, buy it and see.. if it doesn't don't feel too bad, keep the receipt, and return it. Happy days!!! :biggrin:

Thanks a lot!... I'll buy it now I guess :biggrin:
is a very nice :borat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92QfWOw88I

(could this be the end of rainmeter?)
Original post by gamer91
is a very nice :borat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92QfWOw88I

(could this be the end of rainmeter?)

interesting... it is like a rainmeter front end with basic apps.... yet behind it you still have office programs and explorer windows :p:
Reply 9157
By golly, they've invented widgets!
Eh, I don't like it. Combining the two different UIs there, like the weird touch one which is good for a phone and perhaps a tablet but not for a PC, and the one that looks exactly like Windows 7.. just seems weird :erm:
Reply 9159
Eh, I don't like it. Combining the two different UIs there, like the weird touch one which is good for a phone and perhaps a tablet but not for a PC, and the one that looks exactly like Windows 7.. just seems weird :erm:

Agreed, though I have a HP TouchSmart tm-2190-sa that I'm hoping can be used on the combined interface, so I'm looking forward to testing out the system in a beta that they may/may not release.

The only problem I have is that the resolution of the TS screen is 1280*800. In addition to this, the screen I use as a monitor is a TV that displays native PC resolution at 1360*768 (6 pixels short in height of the combined interface's 'requirements, any higher and it becomes a horribly aliased affair).

Therefore, I'm hoping that there can be some leeway in enabling the combined interface on a machine even if it isn't 'recommended', as it'll still be perfectly useable in my opinion.

NB: As to why i have a TV with a sub-par native resolution and not a dedicated monitor, it's about reducing the amount of stuff I need to carry up and down the country with me, and it's also about giving me the ability to work on a desk where I lack the room to spread out, both in Uni halls and at home.

EDIT: Has anyone actually noticed that during the presentation, they were referring to cross-platform 'apps'? That DOESN'T mean that ARM devices will run native x86 applications from previous versions. MS Word was extremely likely to be a complete rewrite for the ARM processor, which means te job of a developer just got harder.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending