The Student Room Group

Anyone from Seven Kings High School...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Sadian

Original post by Sadian
Yup, I don't think they'd accept me at ICHS if I was a girl :mmm:

And nope, no Bs but I think I might get a B in French. :/ I got straight A*s for coursework but I don't think I did too well in my exams D:

It's not really relationships and fun I'm looking for, just the presence of girls is good enough for me :sexface: and yup, and there's a certain someone *ahemnotsayinganymoreincasetheysomehowseeahem* that's also going.

I'm also planning to do Medicine in uni but I also gotta think of a backup in case things don't go how I planned.

Whatchu picking for A levels? x

Haha, you are funny! Well, medicine is really competitive, so my back up is like bio-chem, or pharmacy :smile:, I picked Bio, Chem, Physcology and Maths, you?
Reply 101
Original post by Ash07
Haha, you are funny! Well, medicine is really competitive, so my back up is like bio-chem, or pharmacy :smile:, I picked Bio, Chem, Physcology and Maths, you?

Oh, nice! I picked Bio, Chem, Maths and English Lit! Psychology is my reserve though. :P

Original post by F_shakeey
Well there you go then see I know how things work dont test me on it fam I just holla them up and its all good :colonhash:

But tbh you never know you might get into Seven Kings sixth form later on because they are quite a few people I didnt see before that came which means they must have been on the waiting list

I hope so. It'd be awesome to get into Seven Kings. I just hope they suddenly realise how amazing I am :cry:
Original post by Sadian

I hope so. It'd be awesome to get into Seven Kings. I just hope they suddenly realise how amazing I am :cry:

I'll tell them to look on TSR :smile:
Original post by Sadian
I picked Bio, Chem, Maths and English Lit! Psychology is my reserve though.

I'm just finishing up my A2's at Seven Kings, done the exact same classes as you, and was external. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 104
I'll tell them to look on TSR :smile:

Ahah, maybe keep them away from certain topics/posts :ninja:

Original post by Count Stefular
I'm just finishing up my A2's at Seven Kings, done the exact same classes as you, and was external. If you have any questions, feel free to ask :smile:

Oh nice! Yes please!

What grades did you get in GCSEs? What grades did you get for AS and what are you predicted for A2?

How's English Literature? Is it really as hard as they say? What kind of topics did you do/essays/tasks did you do? What books did you study? Did you do any original writing tasks?
Original post by Sadian
Ahah, maybe keep them away from certain topics/posts :ninja:

Sure thing. In fact I should do that too maybe :tongue:
Reply 106
Sure thing. In fact I should do that too maybe :tongue:

And maybe also hide my warning points :mmm:
Original post by Sadian
And maybe also hide my warning points :mmm:

You've lost some actually I am impressed young padawan :awesome:
Original post by Sadian

Oh nice! Yes please!

What grades did you get in GCSEs? What grades did you get for AS and what are you predicted for A2?

How's English Literature? Is it really as hard as they say? What kind of topics did you do/essays/tasks did you do? What books did you study? Did you do any original writing tasks?

GCSE's 3A*s and 6A's, had a good interview too.

AS's AAAB, the B in english
A2 predicted A*A*A, the A in english, dropped maths.

English Lit is amazing, I would definately suggest it. It's not Kill-Me-Now hard, but it is challanging. I should have got my A :frown:
In AS you do two pieces of coursework, one on dystopian literature, and the books suggested and used in classes are The Handmaid's Tale and 1984, although you can pick your own if you want to. Then the second is on poetry by Carol Ann Duffy, which you may have seen at GCSE but it gets much better. And for this coursework you can either analyse one of her poems, or write one of your own in her style and explain why you wrote it like you did. I wrote my own and it was great fun.
Then the two exam texts are The Great Gatsby, which is an amazing book, we all loved it, and Selected Poems by Wilfred Owen, (war poet), so it's really interesting stuff, loads to talk about.

Then A2, coursework is 3000 words on Gothic literature, and we used Frankenstein, Coleridge's selected poems and The Bloody Chamber short stories, again they are pretty happy to let you pick your own texts but it does make it a lot harder as you don't get the class help.
The exam texts are Othello for one paper, and then comparing The Rape of the Lock and The Rover in the other paper.

Hope that helps :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 109
Original post by Count Stefular
GCSE's 3A*s and 6A's, had a good interview too.

AS's AAAB, the B in english
A2 predicted A*A*A, the A in english, dropped maths.

English Lit is amazing, I would definately suggest it. It's not Kill-Me-Now hard, but it is challanging. I should have got my A :frown:
In AS you do two pieces of coursework, one on dystopian literature, and the books suggested and used in classes are The Handmaid's Tale and 1984, although you can pick your own if you want to. Then the second is on poetry by Carol Ann Duffy, which you may have seen at GCSE but it gets much better. And for this coursework you can either analyse one of her poems, or write one of your own in her style and explain why you wrote it like you did. I wrote my own and it was great fun.
Then the two exam texts are The Great Gatsby, which is an amazing book, we all loved it, and Selected Poems by Wilfred Owen, (war poet), so it's really interesting stuff, loads to talk about.

Then A2, coursework is 3000 words on Gothic literature, and we used Frankenstein, Coleridge's selected poems and The Bloody Chamber short stories, again they are pretty happy to let you pick your own texts but it does make it a lot harder as you don't get the class help.
The exam texts are Othello for one paper, and then comparing The Rape of the Lock and The Rover in the other paper.

Hope that helps :smile:

Oh, sounds really interesting! I'm looking forward to it now. What would you say is harder? The exams or the essays/coursework?
Reply 110
You've lost some actually I am impressed young padawan :awesome:

Yup, I'm now at 8. Slowly to go back to 0 :awesome:
Original post by Sadian
Yup, I'm now at 8. Slowly to go back to 0 :awesome:

Not unless I do something about it :colonhash:
Reply 112
Not unless I do something about it :colonhash:

If your puny self can do anything about it, that is. :sexface:
But of course yous aw them with you omnipresent vision :cookie:

Oh yeah I heard about him being in that play, was in the telegraph both of them are a good team especially in Doctor who when hes like 'I need a mate' and shes like 'you want to mate??? Not with me':rofl:
I am always engaged in deep, philosophical thought :colonhash:

As in his re-generating himself when he gets killed :moon:

I got 2 in my closet, selling one since I need the funds for my weed :awesome:

I have never heard of it, I think you must I go to Beal high school :smile:

You thought I went to Beal? :yucky: Btw, Sarah B isn't its full name, I don't want anyone finding references to my school using TSR's search engine. :lolwut:

Gah, this is why I must buy the box set and be a recluse for 95% of the summer - I can't remember that particular scene. :sad:

I think the storyline will come full circle so maybe (just maybe) he won't be killed in the end. Making any sense? Probably not. :colondollar:

Weed? :wtf: You're so, like, 1808. :cool:
Reply 114
Original post by Sadian

[QUOTE="Sadian;31897485"]Oh, nice! I picked Bio, Chem, Maths and English Lit! Psychology is my reserve though. :P

That is great :smile: Why do you want to be a doctor?
Reply 115
Original post by Ash07

That is great :smile: Why do you want to be a doctor?

Well, I want the challenge. I've always enjoyed Science and found myself to be quite attuned to it. It's always been quite easy for me to understand everything, especially compared to other people in my class. I'm interested in learning more/getting deeper into it. Although I know there are a lot of better people out there than me, I still wanna give it my best shot.

And truthfully, I was also quite influenced by my parents. :P
Original post by Sadian

And truthfully, I was also quite influenced by my parents. :P

They're Asian, amirite? :teehee:
Reply 117
Original post by Don'tNod
They're Asian, amirite? :teehee:

Yesyes, how'd you know? :mmm:
Original post by Sadian
Yesyes, how'd you know? :mmm:

Oh my, I've never seen the :mmm: smiley before. :cute:

Call it intuition. :mmm: