The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 4 Geography Pre-released!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
How are people revising for this exam?
Have you written up a report and your memorising it, or what?
I'm doing cultural diversity..
Reply 21
Original post by lolly21
How are people revising for this exam?
Have you written up a report and your memorising it, or what?
I'm doing cultural diversity..

Just revise case studies, facts figures and key terms. :smile:

I made flashcards with all the vital facts, figures etc and took them everywhere with me! But also had more detailed info that i could read over as well.

Do plenty of practice questions - I wouldn't bother trying to learn essays that you've written imo because if you forget a fact or something in the exam your screwed. Much better to learn the facts etc and just write :smile:
Reply 22
I'm doing Cultural Diversity, wrote out an essay based on the pre release. I remember the main case studies and facts so it's all about adapting to the question! There's always loads to write about so it shouldn't be a problem. I use 3-4 of the same case studies for most of my essays and change them around according to the question!

Hope that helps!
Reply 23
Great thanks!
Good luck! (:
Reply 24
Original post by Rhii
Just revise case studies, facts figures and key terms. :smile:

I made flashcards with all the vital facts, figures etc and took them everywhere with me! But also had more detailed info that i could read over as well.

Do plenty of practice questions - I wouldn't bother trying to learn essays that you've written imo because if you forget a fact or something in the exam your screwed. Much better to learn the facts etc and just write :smile:

Fantastic, thanks!
Also , where it says 'varying views' in the pre-release are you doing anything in particular for that.. or are you just using critics, geographers etc. in your case studies?
Reply 25
Original post by lolly21
Fantastic, thanks!
Also , where it says 'varying views' in the pre-release are you doing anything in particular for that.. or are you just using critics, geographers etc. in your case studies?

I did it last year so I don't know what the context is :redface: I assume that it would be the people for and against, experts etc though :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by Rhii
I did it last year so I don't know what the context is :redface: I assume that it would be the people for and against, experts etc though :smile:

Explore the concept of cultural diversity and varying views about globalisation‘s impact on cultures and their diversity.

Okay. Do you think I'm still ok to use the case studies for/against as the main structure and then incorporate people's views into them or should i have a structure like hyperglobalists, transformationalists, sceptics..etc?
Reply 27
Original post by lolly21
Explore the concept of cultural diversity and varying views about globalisation‘s impact on cultures and their diversity.

Okay. Do you think I'm still ok to use the case studies for/against as the main structure and then incorporate people's views into them or should i have a structure like hyperglobalists, transformationalists, sceptics..etc?

The main structure should be about the different concepts throughout cultural diversity where you would say what they are showing etc and your own opinions instead of purely reeling off facts as the key word is explore and also incorporate peoples views into your case studies whilst you're 'exploring'.
You can have them in a structure within your cases studies if you want, but I found it more flowing if you mention them as the points their arguing for/against comes up in your case study if that makes sense?
Reply 28
Original post by Rhii
The main structure should be about the different concepts throughout cultural diversity where you would say what they are showing etc and your own opinions instead of purely reeling off facts as the key word is explore and also incorporate peoples views into your case studies whilst you're 'exploring'.
You can have them in a structure within your cases studies if you want, but I found it more flowing if you mention them as the points their arguing for/against comes up in your case study if that makes sense?

yep that makes perfect sense.
What i've got is two parts in my main structure - so for example, one where its not impacting or having a positive impact and others where it is impacting and having a negative impact
then in that i have a range of scales - so global, national, local
then i have critics, geographers sometimes before my arguments/case studies

does that sound alright to you?
Reply 29
Original post by lolly21
yep that makes perfect sense.
What i've got is two parts in my main structure - so for example, one where its not impacting or having a positive impact and others where it is impacting and having a negative impact
then in that i have a range of scales - so global, national, local
then i have critics, geographers sometimes before my arguments/case studies

does that sound alright to you?

yeah that sounds fine :smile: Just make sure you spend a couple of minutes planning out your answer in the exam before you answer it as you can still gain marks if you don't finish the essay but the examiner can see where you're going with it. It'll help you keep a good structure as well :smile:
Reply 30
Anyone got a list of case studies for the cultural diversity question?
okay, im doing culture. are people having their structure as case studies or as the hyperglobaliser, transformatonalist, sceptics etc?

freaking out!! :confused:
Reply 32
Original post by sean kefw

Original post by sean kefw
Definitely tectonic hazards. There is so much you can write. This should be the easiest exam of the 4 in january

I agree that it is quite nice although am slightly confused with the 'over time' bit?! Could you explain what this means, like what sort of case studies and stuff would you compare?

Thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest