The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Safiyyah<3
I am so so confused about Amy right now. At what point did she stop BEING THERE and become pregnant instead? When did Flesh Amy take over? Whats happening????

We don't know.
She was born a ganger :lolwut:
Wait a minute...

Ganger? Ginger? We've missed a trick here.
:rofl:
Original post by Colonel.
She was born a ganger :lolwut:

I have come to the conclusion that she can not have been born a ganger.

I've forgotten why. It was a damn good reason too.
Original post by Tasneemo

How would the real Amy be pregnant? She had to become a ganger ~9 months ago.
Reply 4626
my theory: that she was a ganger at the beginning of the series but the silents took her to get rid of her clone baby. thats why she thought she was pregnant at the beginning but not after the silents episodes.

Maybe the silents are working for eyepatch lady?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4627
The doctor said 'You've been gone a long time' or words to that effect so

Spoiler

hmm.
I have come to the conclusion that she can not have been born a ganger.

She obviously wasn't born a ganger :rolleyes:
I think the Ganger was made BEFORE she was pregnant - so more than 9 months ago. To me, the Ganger would have become pregnant as well, as it would have also copied the fertilised embryo.
Original post by LastLordofTime

I think the Ganger was made BEFORE she was pregnant - so more than 9 months ago. To me, the Ganger would have become pregnant as well, as it would have also copied the fertilised embryo.

But then they would have had to take Amy, clone her, let her go, she gets pregnant, is taken again and is then swapped?
Reply 4631

But the Ganger wouldn't have copied the fertilised embryo if it was made more than 9 months ago because there wouldn't have been a fertilised embryo there when it was made.

It's like the doctor ganger and the shoes thing, anything that happens after they are cloned isn't transferred.
Original post by Becka-la
But the Ganger wouldn't have copied the fertilised embryo if it was made more than 9 months ago because there wouldn't have been a fertilised embryo there when it was made.

It's like the doctor ganger and the shoes thing, anything that happens after they are cloned isn't transferred.

That's exactly what he said :lolwut:

The ganger wasn't pregnant therefore it must've been more than nine months.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
But then they would have had to take Amy, clone her, let her go, she gets pregnant, is taken again and is then swapped?

That sounds plausible.

I suppose we can assume that she was taken sometime in The Impossible Astronaut or perhaps the three month period at the beginning of Day of the Moon and then returned and then taken again by the Silence in the orphanage.
Original post by sleekchic

Original post by sleekchic
That sounds plausible.

I suppose we can assume that she was taken sometime in The Impossible Astronaut or perhaps the three month period at the beginning of Day of the Moon and then returned and then taken again by the Silence in the orphanage.

But surely the first thing she would have said was "I got taken by "x" and they cloned me"?
Reply 4635
maybe she was cloned after having sex, but before the egg was actually fertilised so the sperm was cloned. and then the sperm was only successful in fertilising the egg in one of the Amys :tongue: maybe they gave the ganger Amy something that would stop it being pregnant like a morning after pill type thing.

or maybe the stomach cramps were a misscaraige hint.

or more likely
either she was taken before she was pregnant and they made her pregnant
or the fact that the flesh we seen was "early technology" means that in the more advanced technology they could choose not to clone the baby.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Maybe it's just as simple as you can't clone a pregnant woman into another pregnant woman since there are two lifeforms involved.

Or this.

I've not seen anybody ask 'Why Amy?'

It can't be a normal pregnancy, but at the same time I don't like the whole Doctor DNA thing. It's just a little weird. I'd like to think the baby was Rory's. But then it would be a normal baby. On the opposing end, some may say that travelling in the TARDIS had an effect - again, a little strange since it didn't have an effect on the countless other female companions.

How many of the other companions conceived a child in the Tardis?
Reply 4637
Original post by cambo211
How many of the other companions conceived a child in the Tardis?

Did Leela? Or did her baby get was her baby conceived on Gallifrey?
(edited 12 years ago)
I can't think of any. But at the same time, I'm struggling to see how Kovarian would know when Rory did his part. I also can't see when given that Amy left the TARDIS in the Christmas episode, and entered in The Impossible Astronaut.

And they have bunk beds. :awesome:

I think they've used a device to bestow special abilities upon her child or during her pregnancy.

There's a silent in the Tardis.

It just stood in the corner and watched them and then went and told influenced Kovarian to act :colone:
Maybe it's just as simple as you can't clone a pregnant woman into another pregnant woman since there are two lifeforms involved.

Or this.

I've not seen anybody ask 'Why Amy?'

It can't be a normal pregnancy, but at the same time I don't like the whole Doctor DNA thing. It's just a little weird. I'd like to think the baby was Rory's. But then it would be a normal baby. On the opposing end, some may say that travelling in the TARDIS had an effect - again, a little strange since it didn't have an effect on the countless other female companions.

Yeah that's a good point which has probably been covered already.

Either she's pregnant ie a normal pregnancy and they've taken her because for whatever reason she's special and if this is linked to the Silence then she'll bring the Silence for whatever reason and there's the whole crack in her bedroom and the universe pouring into her head. But then there's also the possibility that there has been some sort of Artificial insemination/alien IVF either with the Doctor's DNA or with a genetically modified DNA but then again why pick Amy as the carrier?

Latest

Trending

Trending