The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AutVinceriAutMori
And yet we foiled his plan with Amy the Ganger (well, at least Ape did) :king1:
I bet there would be even more questions after tomorrow- they would tease us wth some revelations and then create millions of other speculations

As always. I have too many questions and it seems like I'll never be satisfied. And it would be so like Moffat to end his era (whenever that happens) with more things to speculate about.
Reply 4662

I've run out of rep for today, but if i had any left i would so rep you for your sig. :biggrin:
Original post by Oncoming Storm
As always. I have too many questions and it seems like I'll never be satisfied. And it would be so like Moffat to end his era (whenever that happens) with more things to speculate about.

I kinda like that- no-one wants a flat happy ending- there has to be a teasr for the next series to look forward to :daydreaming:
Original post by emi_sarb
I didn't know about that. There's also the "the silence will fall" comment at the end of big bang 2. Maybe

Spoiler

But the Silent said that Amy will bring the silence (day of the moon), [and I just realised the silent also said her part will soon be over, never realised that].
And by the "silence will fall" comment heart throughout series 5, I always thought it meant that the silence will invade like a ..blanket convering the earth (!?wth.) [WORST.ANALOGY.EVER], rather than their downfall. Bearing in mind that for the whole of the first series, whenever it was said 'silence will fall' it was mainly by an enemy.

Anyway, I was watching the 'Peter Hoar introduces A Good Man Goes To War', and they played the clip of River asking Tennant!Who 'Please tell me you know who I am'' and he didn't recognise her and my heart just shattered into a million pieces so much so I've forgotten all use of commas and full stops :'(
(edited 12 years ago)
I kinda like that- no-one wants a flat happy ending- there has to be a teasr for the next series to look forward to :daydreaming:

Yeah, I'm glad series 5 didn't end with all the loose ends nicely tied off like they were in RTD's time. Still love RTD but it's nice to have a change.
Original post by Tasneemo
But the Silent said that Amy will bring the silence (day of the moon), [and I just realised the silent also said her part will soon be over, never realised that].
And by the "silence will fall" comment heart throughout series 5, I always thought it meant that the silence will invade like a ..blanket convering the earth (!?wth.) [WORST.ANALOGY.EVER], rather than their downfall. Bearing in mind that for the whole of the first series, whenever it was said 'silence will fall' it was mainly by an enemy.

Anyway, I was watching the 'Peter Hoar introduces A Good Man Goes To War', and they played the clip of River asking Tennant who 'Please tell me you know who I am'' and he didn't recognise her and my heart just shattered into a million pieces so much so I've forgotten all use of commas and full stops :'(

I was rewatching that episode yesterday and I cried. I was thinking "Ohhhh, River!" and I had the same feeling when I saw her face after they kissed. I felt so depressed afterwards.

Anyway, I was watching the 'Peter Hoar introduces A Good Man Goes To War', and they played the clip of River asking Tennant!Who 'Please tell me you know who I am'' and he didn't recognise her and my heart just shattered into a million pieces so much so I've forgotten all use of commas and full stops :'(

The Silence don't invade since they already lived here.
EDIT:5,000 post :smile:

I was rewatching that episode yesterday and I cried. I was thinking "Ohhhh, River!" and I had the same feeling when I saw her face after they kissed. I felt so depressed afterwards.

I saw that two weeks ago in German subs lol Don't understand how some people say that in SitL/FotD that she doesn't seem upset that the Doctor doesn't recognize her. Must have skipped that scene.
(edited 12 years ago)
Yeah, I'm glad series 5 didn't end with all the loose ends nicely tied off like they were in RTD's time. Still love RTD but it's nice to have a change.

I definitely agree! I liked RTD's episodes, but I also liked the change. Plus, it would be a bit silly to wrap the first season up like that, the new Doctors era is just starting.
Which is why I think that Amy and Rory would have to be changed as companions one day- otherwise it would be too samey. As much as I liked Rose, it would have been a lot more boring to have her all the time, and if Donna/Martha were not introduced as well.
Original post by ??????????????????

I saw that two weeks ago in German subs lol Don't understand how some people say that in SitL/FotD that she doesn't seem upset that the Doctor doesn't recognize her. Must have skipped that scene.

Or they were busy staring at Weeping Angels at the time (I know they're not in those episodes but whatever). Because she looks gutted. It's not often you see a sadder face on TV.
I definitely agree! I liked RTD's episodes, but I also liked the change. Plus, it would be a bit silly to wrap the first season up like that, the new Doctors era is just starting.
Which is why I think that Amy and Rory would have to be changed as companions one day- otherwise it would be too samey. As much as I liked Rose, it would have been a lot more boring to have her all the time, and if Donna/Martha were not introduced as well.

Yeah, I know what you mean. There's got to be change. The fact that they went on and on about Rose through pretty much all of series 3 bugged the hell out of me. I was thinking "Let go!!!". So yeah, I'd say Amy and Rory should go either the end of this series or end of the next (Probably this one, more than 2 series is milking it somewhat) because otherwise they'll get boring and it'll end with everyone hating them. Which would be a shame.
Original post by ??????????????????

you know what I meant :colondollar: ok not invade, but like start being recognised... I don't know I what I'm talking about. I never do, but I make the mistake of putting my thoughts on the internet and it all goes downhill from there.
you know what I meant :colondollar: ok not invade, but like start being recognised... I don't know I what I'm talking about. I never do, but I make the mistake of putting my thoughts on the internet and it all goes downhill from there.

I did understand. Now I'm not so sure. :s-smilie:
Yeah, I know what you mean. There's got to be change. The fact that they went on and on about Rose through pretty much all of series 3 bugged the hell out of me. I was thinking "Let go!!!". So yeah, I'd say Amy and Rory should go either the end of this series or end of the next (Probably this one, more than 2 series is milking it somewhat) because otherwise they'll get boring and it'll end with everyone hating them. Which would be a shame.

Anyway, I'd imagine after all the risks they experienced with the Doctor, they'll want some stability on future :p:
BUT THE GANGER FELT THE PREGNANCY!

So...
Reply 4675
Original post by Colonel.
BUT THE GANGER FELT THE PREGNANCY!

So...

I think that's because Amy was controlling the ganger, like when the chaps were in the harnesses in the past few episodes.

I kind of want them for another series (but that's coz I really hate change! :tongue:) especially if

Spoiler

But I understand people not wanting them too. Anyway, after Amy and Rory's horrific experience (kidnapped/pregnant/held hostage by evil aliens etc) I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to leave. Even if Amy loves her Raggedy Doctor, the horror of being pregnant and kidnapped at 21 (?) might mean she needs to revisit those psychiatrists :s-smilie:
Original post by Stargatecrazy
I kind of want them for another series (but that's coz I really hate change! :tongue:) especially if

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Bella Occhi

Spoiler

Really? I love her. I think she really brings something to the show. She can actually challenge the Doctor intellectually (unlike, no offence, Rory and Amy who never know what the Doctor's on about.)

But that's just my opinion. I know some people don't like River. And I can see why. Just most of the reasons people don't like her are some of the reasons I love her :tongue:
Reply 4679
Original post by Bella Occhi

Spoiler

Spoiler

Latest