The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1840
Original post by Gemini92
You have to pay the deposit and accept the accom contract within 7 days of receiving it.

you can do it online though right? like you get given an account to pay into?>
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1841
Original post by dmz
you can do it online though right? like you get given an account to pay into?>

Yes, you can do it online. There's a link in the accom offer to the University's online payment system. You're going to need your student ID number (which should be on the contract offer) and your date of birth.
Reply 1842
You have to pay the deposit and accept the accom contract within 7 days of receiving it.

If you end up not going to leeds, do you know if you get the deposit back? :/ I don't know where i'll end up going... xxx thnku :smile:
Reply 1843
Original post by mqt
If you end up not going to leeds, do you know if you get the deposit back? :/ I don't know where i'll end up going... xxx thnku :smile:

The uni doesn't sort out accom offers until after you get your results in August.
Reply 1844
Yes, you can do it online. There's a link in the accom offer to the University's online payment system. You're going to need your student ID number (which should be on the contract offer) and your date of birth.

Thanks dude
Original post by dmz
any idea if they have basketball or sprints?

Only been able to get a partial list so far - I'm waiting for someone in Sport to get back to me about the others.

7-a-side Netball
5-a-side Football
7-a-side Football
Volleyball
Table Tennis
Dodgeball
Badminton
Squash
Basketball
Reply 1846
Original post by accomoffice
Only been able to get a partial list so far - I'm waiting for someone in Sport to get back to me about the others.

7-a-side Netball
5-a-side Football
7-a-side Football
Volleyball
Table Tennis
Dodgeball
Badminton
Squash
Basketball

Oh Thanks, least i can do the football and basketball, dodgeball and volleyball would be fun :smile:

when would you advise people to move in? Don't wanna be too early tho I'm excited
Reply 1847
Original post by dmz
Oh Thanks, least i can do the football and basketball, dodgeball and volleyball would be fun :smile:

when would you advise people to move in? Don't wanna be too early tho I'm excited

You can move in from the 14th, but most people waited until the weekend to move in last year.
Reply 1848
You can move in from the 14th, but most people waited until the weekend to move in last year.

i think it's 10th for the tannery. Are you already in the uni then? What accomm you in?
Reply 1849
Original post by dmz
i think it's 10th for the tannery. Are you already in the uni then? What accomm you in?

I'm starting my second year in September. I'm living at Montague Burton again next year.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1850
I'm starting my second year in September. I'm living at Montague Burton again next year.

Oh cool, how you finding it? I'll probably find somewhere cheap for my 2nd and 3rd yr
Reply 1851
Original post by dmz
Oh cool, how you finding it? I'll probably find somewhere cheap for my 2nd and 3rd yr

I like it there, which is why I chose the same hall again. I was initially intending to move out for second year, but I didn't have anyone to live with as everyone had already sorted out who they were living with so I decided to go into halls again.
Reply 1852
I like it there, which is why I chose the same hall again. I was initially intending to move out for second year, but I didn't have anyone to live with as everyone had already sorted out who they were living with so I decided to go into halls again.

Oh right, i remember my ex looking for a house 2months into uni so it sounds pretty hectic, must be fun living in halls again tho, it'd be like another fresher. Like the city? What course are you doing?
Reply 1853
Original post by dmz
Oh right, i remember my ex looking for a house 2months into uni so it sounds pretty hectic, must be fun living in halls again tho, it'd be like another fresher. Like the city? What course are you doing?

Yeah, I like the city. Living in a fairly large city makes a change to living in a medium-sized town. I'm doing physics. What about you?
I'm going to clarence dock too!
Do you reckon it'll be annoying having to keep getting the bus/walking 20 mins to get to places?
Also, do you reckon it's a party accom.? I would LOOOOOOVE that :smile:
Reply 1855
Yeah, I like the city. Living in a fairly large city makes a change to living in a medium-sized town. I'm doing physics. What about you?

Oh nice, i actually miss physics. I'm doing medical engineering. Oh i live in Manchester so probably not much difference
I have just applies for Bodington, but after googling it more i've found out its due to close down soon, does anyone know when it is? And If we can still live there this year??
Reply 1857
why is it closing down?
Reply 1858
Original post by rachellsmith
I have just applies for Bodington, but after googling it more i've found out its due to close down soon, does anyone know when it is? And If we can still live there this year??

The accomodation website gives prices for Bodington for 2011/12 so I'm guessing that you can live there next year. No idea when its closing down or why, though, this is the first I've heard about it.
Original post by rachellsmith

It's definitely still open for the whole of next academic year (11/12) and for at least some of the following one (12/13)

Latest