The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think River will be made a companion. Everytime we see her she's meant to be younger, and as an actress she's getting older. If they drag out her story for too long then she won't look young enough for her character to make sense.
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I don't think River will be made a companion. Everytime we see her she's meant to be younger, and as an actress she's getting older. If they drag out her story for too long then she won't look young enough for her character to make sense.

Tbh, we know the Doctor meets her when she's a very young girl (and knows everything about her, yada yada) but who's to say the majority of their (possible) relationship wasn't when she was older? :holmes:

I know

Spoiler

But whether it'll actually happen... :smile:
urgghh someone may have already posted this, and i'll delete it if someone has, but look what The Moff wrote on Twitter:

"For all of you who keep on, yes, you will find out who River is tomorrow. Thing is though - was that what you were REALLY asking?"

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|
Reply 4683
Yes, i for one mostly want to know why she's so important in the Doctor's life.
Original post by Tasneemo
urgghh someone may have already posted this, and i'll delete it if someone has, but look what The Moff wrote on Twitter:

"For all of you who keep on, yes, you will find out who River is tomorrow. Thing is though - was that what you were REALLY asking?"

:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

Why wouldn't we be asking?! WHY DO YOU TALK IN RIDDLES MOFFAT?! WHY?! :eek:

They might find a Timey wimey way to sync their timelines.
I suspect that if river does become a companion it won't be JUST her and the doctor for more than a few episodes, if any. Having an inexperienced human on the show is interesting.
But then they would have had to take Amy, clone her, let her go, she gets pregnant, is taken again and is then swapped?

Or she artificially conceived.

Original post by Becka-la
But the Ganger wouldn't have copied the fertilised embryo if it was made more than 9 months ago because there wouldn't have been a fertilised embryo there when it was made.

It's like the doctor ganger and the shoes thing, anything that happens after they are cloned isn't transferred.

That's exactly what I said :|
I'm a bit of a lurker on this thread but just wanted to say I don't think the Doctor does know that Amy is pregnant in ep 1 or else he wouldn't let her drink wine :tongue:
Reply 4689
Well, he probably also knows that she'll become 'unpregnant' so the wine doesn't matter really...?
Original post by TheSmithsIndeed
I'm a bit of a lurker on this thread but just wanted to say I don't think the Doctor does know that Amy is pregnant in ep 1 or else he wouldn't let her drink wine :tongue:

Yeah but it was future Doctor, so he must have know she was a ganger or something, so it didn't matter?

Original post by frequent_flyer
I suspect that if river does become a companion it won't be JUST her and the doctor for more than a few episodes, if any. Having an inexperienced human on the show is interesting.

Yeah, that's why I want Amy and Rory to be companions for another series. The Doctor needs lots of love, so having three companions would be brilliant :biggrin: Or as you say, a new (inexperienced) companion as well. I doubt it'll just be River and the Doctor as it would stop a lot of the 'Look at me and how clever I am' wonder the companions get with him :tongue:
Reply 4691
I'd really like to see a season of just the Doctor and River now that I think about it. It'll be like the 4th Doctor and Romana again, it was really interesting having a companion who was (academically at least) smarter than the Doctor, shows that the Doctor isn't just brains, his biggest strength is his ability to think outside of the box.
As i've said before i really don't think the Doctor and River would work.

I just think having Matt Smiths doctor and River constantly for a series would be far far too much going on.
Reply 4693
^ Yeah, i liked when Martha was the Doctor's companion, finally there was a companion who wasn't just going 'What? What's going on?' all the time.

But i do love Amy and Rory... <3
Original post by cambo211
As i've said before i really don't think the Doctor and River would work.

I just think having Matt Smiths doctor and River constantly for a series would be far far too much going on.

As much as I'd love it, I really do think if River was a full companion, they'd have to have other companions too as a lot of people wouldn't like it. But it depends how it's done.

So far I love and trust Moffat's writing...so far, :erm: I'll finalise this judgement after tomorrows episode :puppyeyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm a lurker on this thread as well, and just want to say full time river might not work :tongue: I do love her character but she's interesting mainly because of her mystery and infuriating 'spoilers!'. Having her as a full time companion may get a bit much.

She's kind of like Donna- she was a good companion in the christmas episode, but she got on my nerves towards the end of the series.
Reply 4696
^ Donna was one of the best! In my opinion anyway. She was one of the only newwho companions who weren't all lovey-dovey about the doctor.
Reply 4697
^Yeah, she made me laugh, especially when one of her comedic accents would just slip out. :P
Original post by vixki
^ Donna was one of the best! In my opinion anyway. She was one of the only newwho companions who weren't all lovey-dovey about the doctor.

Yeah, they were like best mates! That's why I loved her. She was my favourite (full time) companion. (River and then Jack are my favourite none full time companions :smile:)
I think a Doctor/River series would be great!
:puppyeyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending