Reply 680
bump :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 681
bump again?
Reply 682
Couple of quick questions - How long would the walk be from Harry French Court into town? and the train station?

Also, how strict are they on no overnight visitors? Don't wanna risk it if it's a 100% no-go. :smile:
Original post by Inf_Amy
Couple of quick questions - How long would the walk be from Harry French Court into town? and the train station?

Also, how strict are they on no overnight visitors? Don't wanna risk it if it's a 100% no-go. :smile:

Harry French to Sainsbury's is about 5/10 minutes, the Tesco's in town is another 5 minutes. Train station would probably be about 20/25 minute walk (or you can get the sprint bus that goes from the campus)

In my experience, the (sub-)wardens generally don't care as long as it's not a permanent thing. I know people had their boy/girlfriends up for a week in the school holidays and had nothing said about it.
Reply 684
how far would robert bakewell be to town and lectures for maths?
Original post by Sawwah

Bakewell would probably be about 20/25 minutes to town since you're right on the west end of the village, you're about <5 minutes from engineering. If you're maths lectures are in a similar place to mine this year you'll be about 15 minutes from the main lecture theatres, but you'll have some in the engineering building as well.
Try the main accommodation thread, you're probably more likely to get a response there. There's no need to keep bumping this, it's not a very busy board. :smile:
Reply 687
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Harry French to Sainsbury's is about 5/10 minutes, the Tesco's in town is another 5 minutes. Train station would probably be about 20/25 minute walk (or you can get the sprint bus that goes from the campus)

In my experience, the (sub-)wardens generally don't care as long as it's not a permanent thing. I know people had their boy/girlfriends up for a week in the school holidays and had nothing said about it.

Brilliant, thanks. :smile:
Reply 688
Thanks for putting me out of my misery. :smile:
Original post by alums
YOU'RE SO LUCKY. I wanted Elvyn Richards so badly but it went in less than 30 seconds, my only other choice was Royce :frown: Is Royce any good? I got ensuite with 4ft bed?

Royce is amazing. At least it was in my 4 years in Loughborough...
Original post by Sawwah

Maths lectures are dotted about all over campus, some by towers, some in Schofield/Brockington, others down by engineering. That said the furthest will be a 10-15min walk away. Robert Bakewell is centre of campus essentially, student village is perfect.
Read this gem on William Morris's accommodation brochure

10 things NOT to bring
Candles/Joss sticks: Will just set the fire alarms off.

Cigarettes: Non-smoking hall. You should only smoke when on fire.

Toasters/ kettles/toastie makers: The Hall Manager won’t let you use
them and there simply isn’t room for 7 of each.
Jacuzzi: We tried, there’s no space for it.

Animals: If you are really missing your pet, I’m sure Julian, the Warden, will
let you take Jasper and Bill-Mo, his two Labradors, for a walk.

Car: There really isn’t enough parking space, anyway Loughborough is a
sporty uni, walking is a sport, isn’t it?

Fairy Lights: Considered a fire risk.

Other Miscellaneous items: Use your common sense; don’t bring things
that are stupid or dangerous. BB guns, ceremonial swords, paint ball guns.
You will get laughed at and your place at lboro will be terminated
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey

What kind of student can afford a jacuzzi!?
Me :smile: Pretty lucky too after the trouble we had yesterday!
I clicked on bill mo standard at around 9:01 and it kept sending me to the holt or a random hall. I clicked back to selection to try again but it wouldnt work. After trying 4 times it wouldnt work for me and jst froze. i ended up calling a mate to pick preference for me =/

so a quick question on preference, the email wasn't really clear but do we have to accept the room they offer us? is there no other way to pick a different room? I don't want to end up with something i can't afford and end up having to live off campus?
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
Read this gem on William Morris's accommodation brochure

10 things NOT to bring
Candles/Joss sticks: Will just set the fire alarms off.

Cigarettes: Non-smoking hall. You should only smoke when on fire.

Toasters/ kettles/toastie makers: The Hall Manager won’t let you use
them and there simply isn’t room for 7 of each.

Animals: If you are really missing your pet, I’m sure Julian, the Warden, will
let you take Jasper and Bill-Mo, his two Labradors, for a walk.

Car: There really isn’t enough parking space, anyway Loughborough is a
sporty uni, walking is a sport, isn’t it?

Fairy Lights: Considered a fire risk.

Other Miscellaneous items: Use your common sense; don’t bring things
that are stupid or dangerous. BB guns, ceremonial swords, paint ball guns.
You will get laughed at and your place at lboro will be terminated

Haha, don't worry about toasters and kettles, you're already supplied with one of each. I brought a toastie maker anyway, and my flatmate brought a George Foreman :awesome: The dogs are adorable :p:
Reply 696
This is either the third or fourth year Loughborough's tried online hall applications, and every year there's usually a huge computer glitch that inconveniences a large number of people for a day and causes a lot of stress - you'd have thought they'd have learnt by now!

Back in my day (2005), we applied using a sheet of paper (listed 3 halls/room type in order of preference) which got fed into a computer and gave us back an accommodation choice a few months later that was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike any options we actually submitted.
Reply 697
who on here has applyed to robert bakewell? I would love to get to know some people before i go. though i'm not sure how i'd recognise anyone from only knowing their usernames. hey, there's always facebook :biggrin:

just want to see how many TSRians are at robert bakewell next year. Also, a tip i found out from the Dance club people at loughborough: apply in august before you go otherwise all the spaces will be gone by freshers week, or at least most of them. if you dont like it you can get a refund as long as you ask for it before the end of october. :smile:
Anyone here got The Holt for there accommodation?
And could someone who knows about it or have lived there tell me some useful information about it? As it wasnt one of my choices and was the only one left.

Much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Goodtimes.
Anyone here got The Holt for there accommodation?
And could someone who knows about it or have lived there tell me some useful information about it? As it wasnt one of my choices and was the only one left.

Much appreciated :smile:

http://accommodation.lboro.ac.uk/brochures-1011/the-holt.pdf

http://holt.lboro.ac.uk/

Latest

Trending

Trending