The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3760
Got to take blood for the first time today, felt like a real doctor! (Please don't burst my bubble) And also had my blood taken from someone who'd never done it before. Slightly nerve-wracking. But all worked out!
Reply 3761
Original post by Woody.
Got to take blood for the first time today, felt like a real doctor! (Please don't burst my bubble) And also had my blood taken from someone who'd never done it before. Slightly nerve-wracking. But all worked out!

Ah I was the first volunteer.. I'm pretty chillax though I kind of just stuck both my arms out and was like "knock yourself out guys"

I found it fun too :wink:
Reply 3762
Original post by Renal
But on the subject of physiology; I was doing a lap chole this morning. Everything happened as textbook; the tube displaced as the intra-abdominal pressure increased, we saw the tidal volume decrease in real time (we were on pressure control) with an associated drop in EtCO2, we watched the cardiac output increase briefly as the abdominal veins were compressed and then fall slightly below normal with the drop in preload and there was some bradycardia with parasympathetic vagal stimulation. And we did some stuff about it.

And I actually understood some of that. Which is nice considering the exams on resp, cardio and renal start monday.
Reply 3763
Original post by crazylemon
See I should be studying (I have a mock exam I am supposed to do tomorrow) but I really cannot be bothered.

Im no superman up to you on the dissection one, personally as I loathed my dissection experiences I wouldn't do it myself.

I am teaching kids from deprived backgrounds for a few weeks this summer. With my accent I am going to get crucified.

dude I swear if you say deprived at the school, they/I will bang you out ._.

is this SAS?
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Biomedical Engineering. Roll on the summer of learning A Level Physics from scratch... :rolleyes:

I don't think I'll be doing that :p:

There is no revision in summer Unless there are retakes :bawling:

In other news...6 days until I can breathe!
Reply 3765
Yeah it is. Well what would you prefer, I couldn't think of a good word, I admit It is probably a poor choice of word. I wouldn't dream of saying it at the school. I get enough in the ear for being privately educated without giving myself more grief.

state school perhaps? at a stretch, less privileged? sorry to jump the gun I'd just woken up :redface: good luck in the mock dude

ps. I'm doing it this summer as well, where are you going to?

pps. just found out I have an interview for TMDU! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by buzzcat
state school perhaps? at a stretch, less privileged? sorry to jump the gun I'd just woken up :redface: good luck in the mock dude

ps. I'm doing it this summer as well, where are you going to?

pps. just found out I have an interview for TMDU! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::

Not all state schools are rat infested hell holes. :tongue:
Original post by Lantana
Well if you don't want them...

I'm sure I'll do plenty when I'll be procrastinating from revising...

Done - pick your month of subdom wisely... :smile:
Don't know if you guys have seen this webiste.

It was poted on my facebook homepage and thought I should share.

In other news, exams start in 2 days. The cramming is very much in full swing. Why do I never learn???
That has made me happy.

I know!

Went on facebook to take a break from cramming, saw this on my homepage and ended up spending a good 10 minutes reading through them all. I actually won't forget some of the stuff now!
Reply 3770
Original post by Medicine Man
Don't know if you guys have seen this webiste.

It was poted on my facebook homepage and thought I should share.

In other news, exams start in 2 days. The cramming is very much in full swing. Why do I never learn???

The thing with medicine is that you can never be completely finished with revision so be happy with that thought :smile: You can only do as much as you can and hope for the best!

So glad my exams are over, haven't had a chance to relax yet though. I stupidly self-proposed an SSC and effectively volunteered to learn everything about obs&gyn in 5 weeks at the same time as trying to organize my elective in paediatrics (another subject I know next to nothing about, otitis media??)

Good luck everyone in your exams though :smile:
Original post by Philosoraptor
The big differential ringing in my I'veforgottennearlyeverything head is

Infective endocarditis -

Can I have normal bloods (FBC at min), blood cultures and an echo, also ring a translator up for a full history.

Tell me if I'm way off track :p:

If I tell you he was recently in the navy? Steriotypes are there for a reason...
Reply 3772
Original post by Wangers
If I tell you he was recently in the navy? Steriotypes are there for a reason...

Symptomatic HIV / AIDS

Also are the plaques Kaposi's sarcoma?

(Am I a bad person for thinking that when it comes to the Armed Forces? :s-smilie:)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by fatal

Original post by fatal
HIV

(Am I a bad person for thinking that when it comes to the Armed Forces? :s-smilie:)

That was my immediate thought as well :p:
Reply 3774
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
That was my immediate thought as well :p:

phew :smile:

A lover at every port and all that (never mind the on board shannigans...)
Reply 3775
I also thought this...

Although I suppose a differential could be that he could simply have psoriasis with an unrelated infection causing the pyrexia?
Reply 3776
Yes I wasn't particularly thinking, it was a morning stupid post.

Nah don't worry about it, I need to be picked up on it or I go too far. I worry that at some point I will end up as one of those people. I know how easy it is. I have friends just like it.

Ps. City acadamy. If you are there I am the team lead :biggrin:

What is TMDU? I think I am being thick...

I'm going back to my old school in luton. I've no idea what city academy is but a quick google tells me it's a dance school O_o?

TMDU is the research exchance program in Japan, you'll hear about it next year. 10 interviewees for 5 places
Reply 3777
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Not all state schools are rat infested hell holes. :tongue:

hah I never said it was mate... mine was quite nice tbh, albeit it was a specalist technology one outside of any major city
Original post by Wangers

That just makes it too easy! :p:
Reply 3779
is it normal for practice papers to be really hard?! im a first year, got a good mark in feb exams (and found them quite easy-ish) but I can hardly do any of these practice papers after loads of revision, with exams on monday.. eeek.
rant over :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending