The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cherrion
I remember a while back river said she was in prison for killing a very good man. I've got a feeling that she does kill the doctor anyway at some stage. Thats my theory, its probably wrong but hey.

If she turns out to be the little girl in the astronaut suit as well then she definitely kills the doctor, as we saw it happen.
I can't wait for the next half!
In the meantime I'm gonna re-watch Doctor Who from Tennant onwards :biggrin:
Original post by sleekchic
Well of course it's going to be obvious or disappointing if you read spoilers, trawl the internet or spend time in a spoilers and speculation thread. :facepalm2:

I feel sorry for the people that did this. I'm so glad I didn't.
When Silurian lady said about "he has risen higher than before" (or something like that) was she talking about Rory or the Doctor? Because if he has risen that means he'll fall :cry2: And if that's Rory *shakes fist*

Original post by Colonel.
Why was River's name on the crib? I thought it was the Doctor's crib?.

I'm guessing because the Doctor gave it to Amy and Rory, he put River/Melody's name in there.

I wonder why River takes the name of River and not Melody?
Original post by JessicaW
This. I am slightly disappointed, but I can admit it's probably mostly my own fault. And whether people were disappointed about River or not, it was still a really good episode.

I have to admit, regardless of the ending, I didn't really enjoy the episode. Maybe I just don't like episodes set in the future, but none of it really gelled for me. There were some good moments though I admit, and it was acted well.
Reply 4965
I'm sure thats about 4 times that Balloons have either appeared or been mentioned in this series, is there something in that or am I reading too much into it???
Reply 4966
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
River is the Astronaut from 1969. We don't know about the 2011 Astronaut.

I really hope that she somehow doesn't turn out to be the 2011 astronaut because that would be too obvious
I didn't look at online spoilers, yet I still found the revelation fairly obvious. So there.
Reply 4968
But why does she kill the doctor???? (assuming that its her)
Reply 4969
Also, maybe the crib is a timey wimey crib with no origin (like the fob watch in Lost for those who watched that) and that's why River's/Melody's name was on the crib?
Well Mr Moffat that wasnt predictable.......
Original post by Yoghurt
I'm sure thats about 4 times that Balloons have either appeared or been mentioned in this series, is there something in that or am I reading too much into it???

Don't worry about reading into things. Have you not heard my obsession with finding red things in series 5 and 6?
(edited 12 years ago)
Was there a trailer at the end of the episode?
Original post by Miski
When the kid was conceived, it was exposed to the time vortex whilst on the Tardis (The wedding night when they shagged)

This episode actually tells us quite alot/hints at the origins of Time Lords which is fascinating.

They were also once a human race whose exposure to the schism/vortex on Gallifrey made them time aware

Could it be any Humanoid race?
Original post by squareroot1764
When Silurian lady said about "he has risen higher than before" (or something like that) was she talking about Rory or the Doctor? Because if he has risen that means he'll fall :cry2: And if that's Rory *shakes fist*

I'm guessing because the Doctor gave it to Amy and Rory, he put River/Melody's name in there.

Doesn't River say that the Doctor will rise then fall? I can't remember.
Reply 4974
Original post by ??????????????????

Doesn't River say that the Doctor will rise then fall? I can't remember.

Yeah she does.
They also mentioned two Doctors again this episode. Ha.
Reply 4976
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Is that like Father Octavian and Madame Kovarian's daughter? :pierre:

Lol i just saw the name 'madame Octavian' on a reply and thought it was her^^ i meant madame Kovarian :]
Reply 4977
I just have to say about that last episode : O. M. G. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by squareroot1764

Im guessing its the other way round
River - Pond
Melody - Song :smile: Maybe?
Reply 4979
Hi,

Today was the first time I have ever watched a full episode of Doctor Who and I loved it. Does anyone kne where I can watch previous episodes online?

Thanks

Latest