The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lol bbc page won't load River Song's page due to too much traffic.
Reply 4981
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Kovarian is working for the Silents? Or did they just pick up the little girl like they do with random technology?

Why weren't they bothered about the little girl escaping? Why was ganger Amy taken if she was made before America? Where did the Doctor just go? My head.

:iiam:

I guess we'll find out (if it's her) and why. I'm guessing it might be involuntary or something along those lines. She is being raised to be a weapon.

If she is being raised as a weapon, why did she end up helping the doctor?

Doesn't anyone check her jail cell, she escapes an awful lot! :tongue:

Arghhh! Steven Moffat has a lot of explaining to do!

I can't wait til autumn, i need some answers now, dammit!
Original post by shinysheep
Im guessing its the other way round
River - Pond
Melody - Song :smile: Maybe?

River has a backwards order to the Doctor so reverses the name probably.
Original post by squareroot1764
When Silurian lady said about "he has risen higher than before" (or something like that) was she talking about Rory or the Doctor? Because if he has risen that means he'll fall :cry2: And if that's Rory *shakes fist*

I'm guessing because the Doctor gave it to Amy and Rory, he put River/Melody's name in there.

I wonder why River takes the name of River and not Melody?

I wonder why the Gamma Forest translated Melody into Song?

And I gues Song River just doesn't ring as well as River Song.

And you could so tell that River was was a Pond kid from 1.the heartfelt look she gave rory when he came to her cell, and 2. she said 'today's my birthday' :|
So if River's part Time Lord and can presumably regenerate (assuming she's the little girl) does that mean she didn't really die in the library?
Didnt River say it was her birthday when Rory met her, that must have some significance.
Original post by rae_
Hi,

Today was the first time I have ever watched a full episode of Doctor Who and I loved it. Does anyone kne where I can watch previous episodes online?

Thanks

I think all the episodes of new Doctor Who are here.
Anyone notice the phrase "I'm a nurse" popped up again? Wonder where they're going with that. Are they going for Doctor/Nurse wordplay for the role of Rory?
What I don't get, is River told Amy to try to read the Gallifreyan to understand who she was, yet it was Lorna Bucket's language where the only water was River? So reading the prayer leaf instead was fine, but if Amy had concentrated enough to read the crib, surely it would have said "Melody Pond" or whatever? Likewise, surely the doctor must have those markings on the crib himself, in which case it wouldn't have referred to her as River Song...?
Original post by rae_
Hi,

Today was the first time I have ever watched a full episode of Doctor Who and I loved it. Does anyone kne where I can watch previous episodes online?

Thanks

firstly, you watched the mid season finale FIRST!? spoilers :wink:
and secondly, go on google and type BBC Dr Who, and click the first link. You can watch all the episodes there, or they're still available on BBC iPlayer, so you can watch it on there :smile:
What happend to the Pirate dude (Captain Avery) and his soN??
Reply 4991
i think they raise melody/river as a weapon and make her kill the future doctor then past doctor, rory, older river and amy take her back but then older river goes to prison for past her killing the doctor
Sometimes in languages, words do get arranged in different orders.

She may have adopted the name so she can travel with her parents in relative anonymity. :holmes:

Did River always know Amy and Rory were her parents? As in, when she first met them. I'm not sure if it's been hinted/we've been told.
Reply 4993
Original post by Abbadon27
Good God! It's the attack pray!

That was the one moment in the episode which made me :rofl:
Reply 4994
Original post by sleekchic
Today's episode thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1663226

And link to unmissable extras that will be uploaded after the episode: http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/news/bulletin_110604_01/Tonight_6_40pm_Unmissable

That bottom link isn't working for me - what's it supposed to be and is that the correct link?
I think the doctor falling referred to the fact that melody was a flesh and is part time lord, so the doctor has a special connection to his race
If anybody missed the teaser post-credits

I know you missed it. :smile:

Thanks. This is interesting. :holmes:
Original post by LostInLaw
What I don't get, is River told Amy to try to read the Gallifreyan to understand who she was, yet it was Lorna Bucket's language where the only water was River? So reading the prayer leaf instead was fine, but if Amy had concentrated enough to read the crib, surely it would have said "Melody Pond" or whatever? Likewise, surely the doctor must have those markings on the crib himself, in which case it wouldn't have referred to her as River Song...?

I'm assuming everything was done in time order.
urrrgh timey wimey.
I think, basically - remember that the crib is old, so we don't know when those carvings were made. The carvings may have been - you know i don't even know I can't even explain in. idk.
Original post by JessicaW
Did River always know Amy and Rory were her parents? As in, when she first met them. I'm not sure if it's been hinted/we've been told.

The only hint we've had was in today's episode in which she kind of acknowledged Rory and even seemed in awe of him.
I do have to say... the Doctor's reaction to the thought of Rory and Amy having sex in the TARDIS was hilarious.

Latest

Trending

Trending