The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Christien
Only partway through, but that Sontaran nurse is cracking me up. 'Sontaran Children's Hospital' spinoff needs to happen.

I liked the part when he claimed he could produce the finest milk in the universe, and slammed his (sontaran) breasts. :colone:
Reply 5021
I think the reveal was as good as it could be. Moffat could only really say she was the Doctor (two doctors interacting with each other), Amy's Child, another timelord (but then how did the doctor not know?) or the Doctor's Mother Which I think would be less of a cliffhanger than what it was.

So it was obvious but it was the only one that makes sense.
rivers wearing the same clothes as day of the moon is it? I can't remember, it must have been posted a million times. Does that mean that shes come from day of the moon time, or did she just get changed :holmes:

also, how did you guys know about Jack the Ripper London? I had no idea what you guys were talking about everytime you mentioned that!
Original post by ??????????????????
At first I thought that the baby was the Doctor's before Amy revealed she was talking about Rory. AGAIN. Tricked to easily. Any significance do you think to it though? Constantly happens or is it to make us feel insecure? D:

i knw what u mean when she goes your father is knwn as something else in this world or something and i was literally shouting to the tv dnt u dare say the doctor, but then she goes rory's roman name thingie...its happening again and again to make us think the bby is the doctor's but no i dnt there is no way it's his
The only way this wont ruin River for me is if its say a much much later incarnation since if shes the last female of her species and dies on her 2nd incarnation then it wastes far more potential
We'll probably be seeing Lorna (the girl who met the Dr as a kid). I did like her character.

She said she was from the Gamma Forests, and River said something about her name not being in the language of the Gamminians (Lol?) "only water in the forest..".

Anyway, it makes me assume the Dr would be dropping young River off there, and she grows up there, since they seem to know a bit of her.
did anyone else want the Doctor to get even angrier? I felt like he was really holding back, I wanted him to show his true anger a little more. maybe thats just me

maybe the doctor and river can repopulate the whole of gallifrey!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5027
Okay know we know this one was obvious who is in the Astronaut - River Again would be the obvious one? Maybe Amy or Rory or the Child
Original post by Mr.Messy
We'll probably be seeing Lorna (the girl who met the Dr as a kid). I did like her character.

She said she was from the Gamma Forests, and River said something about her name not being in the language of the Gamminians (Lol?) "only water in the forest..".

Anyway, it makes me assume the Dr would be dropping young River off there, and she grows up there, since they seem to know a bit of her.

What's a gamma forest? that isn't the forest we saw in flesh and stone is it?
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm still on such a hype. That was awesome.
Although I probably should calm down because I have to get up early in the morning!

I'd really facepalm if we saw Lorna backwards like River Song. Then. It was River's baby.
EPIC EPISODE.

If River is Amy's daughter.. and the girl in the space suit, who we know and believe to be River, aka Melody, why doesn't River just remember that was her in the space suitttt :s-smilie:

Or will be someone different. Or is that why she said "of course" while aimlessly shooting at her. Or did the Doctor wipe her memory clean.

aaaaahhhhh I thought this episode would clear everything up. :colone:

Just put it down to "Wibble-y Wobble-y Time-y Wime-y" and all problems are solved! :biggrin:
Original post by ??????????????????
I'd really facepalm if we saw Lorna backwards like River Song. Then. It was River's baby.

damn I've ran out of rep, but that would be so annoying!
did anyone else get the feeling the Doctor didn't actually remember who she was, and had to do the whole hold her face and make a connection thing to see how they met?

maybe i'm just a pessimistic b***h.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
An older River who'd just been on a date with an older Doctor but they wouldn't be dating until the Doctor was a little further on in the timeline, but then that means the River is older, and not younger which means that kiss was no the last kiss. But then wouldn't she be a younger River?

Hurts my head. :sad:

I had to read that 3 times. I don't understand what relevance the kiss has to this? (Am I being dim?)
Original post by Tasneemo
What's a gamma forest? that isn't the forest we saw in flesh and stone?

It's where the Lorna girl came from. The one who handed Amy that piece of cloth thing with Melody's name in her language.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I did. Definitely. I want to see that Kovarian bitch get it. :colonhash:

but did you see the red reference, did ya? :eek:
majorinsignificantplotlinefreakout!
Reply 5037
did anyone else get the feeling the Doctor didn't actually remember who she was, and had to do the whole hold her face and make a connection thing to see how they met?

You could be right. The doctor lies.

erm the Doctor didnt remember Lorna, he was makingthe running stuff up so lorna culd die happily, because when she passed away he asked who was she
It's where the Lorna girl came from. The one who handed Amy that piece of cloth thing with Melody's name in her language.

I knew that, I was wondering whether we had seen the Gamma Forest before :confused:

Latest