The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, joined the thread abit late....I've got one word though.

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Crap, that's two.
I must say, I loved the bit where the doctor was pretending to be a plane :love:
Reply 5102
I really didn't want river to be amy's daughter, I don't know why :/ as soon as he said melody pond I was like 'damn'. I think it just makes it this whole complicated mess of stealing time with river away from her parents, how come it's okay for him to see her grow up and not them?
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Oh I still think she's his wife or something similar.

I just get the impression that since he vowed to "protect" her or whatever, as River just explained, that being his wife doesnt feel right anymore? The Timey Wimey stuff is so complicated yet so simple!
Time wise, I still don't get how it's possible for River to be Melody. She still existed when Rory had never existed :colonhash:
Didn't realise Rory was so hot. "Where is my wife?! :eek:

Also, Lorna. That's my name, I was so happy! Can someone clear it up for me though, who was she? I'm confused. :colondollar:

Bit disappointed about River being Amy's daughter - it was fairly obvious but was hoping it was something else. I guess it's only a kid's programme though, so it was always going to be obvious! However, what's her relationship to the Doctor then (River's that is)?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Stargatecrazy
Time wise, I still don't get how it's possible for River to be Melody. She still existed when Rory had never existed :colonhash:

Timey Wimey makes my head hurt!
Reply 5107
I have a new (bull) theory on why River/ the Girl has Timelord/regenerative DNA - Rory is the father, Rory keeps on dying, but keeps on coming back to life. Maybe he gets a pseudo regenerative mutation in his DNA, which then makes River/ the Girl who also has this mutated DNA. Instead of Time Head Tardis stuff, so the Doctor doesn't have to think about sexy times happening in the Tardis.

Just for funsies.

It's a paradox... hence the "impossible" astronaut.

Let's just be glad that River isn't Amy from the future or something ridiculous.

"I concieved myself! :perv:"
Original post by Tasneemo
Let's just be glad that River isn't Amy from the future or something ridiculous.

"I concieved myself! :perv:"

My head would explode!
Original post by Rascacielos
It's a paradox... hence the "impossible" astronaut.

That isn't a paradox though. And that was The Pandorica Opens and The Big Bang. Not TIA.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot of time rules Moffat has broken...

I'm still reserving a full opinion until Let's Kill Hitler (really? That's really the next episode's title?! :s-smilie:)...when hopefully some stuff will be explained... :holmes:
The Silence said Amy will bring the Silence and she gave birth to River. Conclusion: River is a Silent :redface: or has something to do with it? She exploded the TARDIS :redface:
Original post by nbrz_emma
I just get the impression that since he vowed to "protect" her or whatever, as River just explained, that being his wife doesnt feel right anymore? The Timey Wimey stuff is so complicated yet so simple!

Mm, there's still the kissing though!
Original post by ??????????????????
The Silence said Amy will bring the Silence and she gave birth to River. Conclusion: River is a Silent :redface: or has something to do with it? She exploded the TARDIS :redface:

Invalid conclusion.
There's still the possiblity that Amy herself could bring the silence, and not River Song.
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Just caught up with thread.

Really liking the whole contrast of the Doctor being bad and a warrior, and Rory being all steamy and passionate and SEXY (:sexface:) yet still being a nurse...being a good man perhaps?

Disappointed with River revelation. Too obvious and I had avoided all spoilers and just speculated. Kinda felt like a cheap cop out tbh.

Well said.

I haven't been a regular for very long, but I don't think it's likely that I'll be back posting much. Maybe during part 6b if I fall back in love with the show, but for now at least I won't be regularly posting. I'll be happy to chat with anyone who shares the same/similar viewpoint on the reveal as me, but I don't want to discuss the episode much as I'm still in denial (:ninja:).

It was great speculating with you all, see you around! :wavey:

Spoiler

Original post by Tasneemo
Invalid conclusion.
There's still the possiblity that Amy herself could bring the silence, and not River Song.

I was saying that River IS the Silence :O gave birth to her and the rest of the Silence are protective of her! :redface:
Original post by LostInLaw
Mm, there's still the kissing though!

The time they kissed was so good! I had to rewatch it, especially where she said about it being the "last time". Actually quite sad...
oooooh now number 18 on the 41 teasers from the Doctor Who : The Brilliant Book makes sense:

Spoiler

So who is Madame Kovarian :O

Latest