The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ??????????????????
I was saying that River IS the Silence :O gave birth to her and the rest of the Silence are protective of her! :redface:

I don't know.. if River was a silent, nobody would ever remember her.
How do we learn our languages? By growing up with people who speak it and being taught it. It's not biological or genetic...

So just being part time lord wouldn't mean River could speak Gallifreyan, she would still have to be taught it....

I had a point...I've kind of forgotten it.... :erm:
Original post by Tasneemo
oooooh now number 18 on the 41 teasers from the Doctor Who : The Brilliant Book makes sense:

Spoiler

Number 29 says "the doctor will get married - Twice!".....River?? (first one being Marilyn?)
Original post by Florence321
I'm confused!
How do you all remember the hints from past series?
If anyone has collected them in one place that would be great, then I would be able to have my "ohh that's so clever!" moment. Right now I'm still at the " :s-smilie: " stage
:smile:

have a look here:

http://doctorwhotv.co.uk/41-teasers-from-doctor-who-series-6-9870.htm
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Parseltongue from Harry Potter?

Even though Ron emulated it, it was still an inherent ability within Harry because of the Horcrux. Genetic. :wink2:

That wasn't biological or genetic. James and Lily couldn't speak it. That's purely because Voldemort made Harry a horcrux :colonhash: I suppose you could argue that i t becomes Harry's genetics...but he wasn't born with it in his genetics.

River was born with time lord DNA in her genetics...doesn't mean she can read Gallifreyan!....I don't think :s-smilie: Stupid timey wimey :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ??????????????????
I was saying that River IS the Silence :O gave birth to her and the rest of the Silence are protective of her! :redface:

It does kinda make sense. It could even switch around the role of the Silence too. They may not be all bad afterall since it's not really clear if protecting the astronaut is a good or bad thing. It set up everything for the Doctor to die, but we don't know their motives.
(edited 12 years ago)
Teaser 39 is "Octavian wasn't lying"...about what?
Original post by Svenjamin
It does kinda make sense. It could even switch around the role of the Silence too. They may not be all bad afterall since it's not really clear if protecting the astronaut is a good or bad thing. It set up everything for the Doctor to die, but we don't know their motives.

But the fact that everyone in series 5 said they "ran from the silence"? Could this just be a decoy to make us think that the silence are deadly? When in reality they aren't?
And contrary to BookWorm's point, he wasn't taught it or brought up where he learnt it.

The little Tom Riddle could also talk to snakes from an early age. Again, genetic surely.

It could easily mean she had the potential to learn it, not that she could.

Becoming the horcrux was how Harry could do it.

To be honest we can't really compare Harry Potter with Doctor Who. Either of us could be right.

We only have to wait 3 months to find out :colonhash:
Nope. That's from a classic DW episode, not a teaser about a future one.

:getmecoat:
this image has never been more appropriate :
Original post by Tasneemo
this image has never been more appropriate :

I'd rep you if I hadn't run out :rofl:
Original post by Florence321
Thanks! Still confused..but I do like looking at hints like that :smile:

I like looking at the ones we know the answers to now...but there are so many unanswered ones!

Number 38: β€œI’m my own Doctor.”....now that's annoying!
You should bear in mind that they're from the Dream Lord. Half of those are lies, made up, classic episodes, red herrings whilst only some are true. :tongue:

But not knowing which one is true is the best bit!
Before the Doctor wandered off at the end, he was having a cryptic conversation with River ("You mean we...").
Does anyone know what that was about? I haven't heard any discussion about it so I'm either missing something that I should have realized or I'm missed a discussion about it. :smile:
Original post by Pandora.
Before the Doctor wandered off at the end, he was having a cryptic conversation with River ("You mean we...").
Does anyone know what that was about? I haven't heard any discussion about it so I'm either missing something that I should have realized or I'm missed a discussion about it. :smile:

'You mean we (lips making kissing shape and sound)' so he was prbbly wondering if they kissed cos u knw she kept calling him love
Possibly the revelation that he has a romantic relationship with Melody Pond, and that Amy could be his mother-in-law. The fact that he's been kissing and flirting Amy's daughter this whole time. :holmes:

Yeah I assumed it was because we'd already seen them kiss, and perhaps they've done other "Stuff"? :tongue:

The Silence were trying to stop River from being born?

This is very interesting :O
Possibly the revelation that he has a romantic relationship with Melody Pond, and that Amy could be his mother-in-law. The fact that he's been kissing and flirting Amy's daughter this whole time. :holmes:

Original post by mzfemalecupid
'You mean we (lips making kissing shape and sound)' so he was prbbly wondering if they kissed cos u knw she kept calling him love

I'm still confused. I don't know why that would make him so happy? (Amy as his sort of mother-in-law). Meh. Thanks for the replies :smile:
The reason I used it is because BookWorm said the rules of language couldn't be changed.

I showed, through other fiction, that it very well could. It is fiction after all. If even the TARDIS can't translate Gallifreyan, it must take someone special. If it's just a language that one can be taught or learnt (any old person) then why couldn't the TARDIS translate it. Makes me think that something in your DNA alters the way you see and understand it.

3 months are going to be unbearable.

im dying already

Latest