The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mzfemalecupid
'You mean we (lips making kissing shape and sound)' so he was prbbly wondering if they kissed cos u knw she kept calling him love

If only the doctor was an Auton. The swappable heads would have made it much more interesting.

I love how all the little kids would think 'yeah! he could be a different person everday!'
and the rest of us would be all :perv:
(edited 12 years ago)
I wonder when River finds out she's a bit Time Lord.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
'I'm quite the screamer'. :teehee:

Ew she said that in front of her parents! :nooo:
'I'm quite the screamer'. :teehee:

"Why do you even have handcuffs?"....."spoilers"
And contrary to BookWorm's point, he wasn't taught it or brought up where he learnt it.

The little Tom Riddle could also talk to snakes from an early age. Again, genetic surely.

It could easily mean she had the potential to learn it, not that she could.

Was this me, or is this someone else? I am confused.
Original post by LostInLaw
I wonder when River finds out she's a bit Time Lord.

Good point. Now the Doctor knows everything about River but maybe she stil doesnt know everything about herself?
Original post by Pandora.
I'm still confused. I don't know why that would make him so happy? (Amy as his sort of mother-in-law). Meh. Thanks for the replies :smile:

could be because he now knows he does in fact save amy's daughter and also, maybe cos he knows he makes amy's daughter happy or because he's really happy he gets with her
who knows
Original post by Zii
The little girl (who we now know to be River) can regenerate.

So why did she not regenerate in the Silence of the Library?

Maybe she did.

We don't actually see her die.
Original post by imperial maniac
Maybe she did.

We don't actually see her die.

It was explained by River that "you (the dr) wouldn't have a chance and neither do I". Ie, even if they are both time lords and able to regenerate, they'd still be killed.
Well the cybermen in the teaser was a major red herring...
It's short hand for your long username. There aren't many other BookWorm's posting recently in DW thread.

I thought so... but I'm confused as don't remember ever saying anything along those lines! Perhaps I saw a silent at that time.
What was the ever so important throw away line from earlier?

And I noticed some more balloons...

And nobody seems to be asking, where did River come from?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Bobifier
What was the ever so important throw away line from earlier?

And I noticed some more balloons...

And nobody seems to be asking, where did River come from?

How does she keep getting in and out of prison? And how can she just keep knowing where the Doctor is? And how did she know the exact point to arrive?
Reply 5154
Does anyone know if this is real?
https://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.drwho/browse_thread/thread/7cd734f99a62ae98/c845f05e9b213df9?lnk=st&q&hl=en#c845f05e9b213df9

Look at the top comment, the name of the person who posted it and the date it was posted...
When Amy was talking about Rory at the start, I honestly thought she was talking about the doctor.

There's something I don't quite get, why did the woman with the eye patch organise all of this in the first place? From the way she spoke, it was as though she had some history with the Doctor, or was it simply because of fear? Also, were the soldiers actually human? I'd have thought that out of all the beings in the universe, humans would be the least likely to want the Doctor dead.
Original post by Yoghurt
Does anyone know if this is real?
https://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.drwho/browse_thread/thread/7cd734f99a62ae98/c845f05e9b213df9?lnk=st&q&hl=en#c845f05e9b213df9

Look at the top comment, the name of the person who posted it and the date it was posted...

This is amazing! I really hope it is true. The description fits with what River said tonight
Original post by gildartz
When Amy was talking about Rory at the start, I honestly thought she was talking about the doctor.

There's something I don't quite get, why did the woman with the eye patch organise all of this in the first place? From the way she spoke, it was as though she had some history with the Doctor, or was it simply because of fear? Also, were the soldiers actually human? I'd have thought that out of all the beings in the universe, humans would be the least likely to want the Doctor dead.

The beginning made me think that the doctor was the father of the baby, which was really really annoying! Don't know how I was fooled by the decoy and it actually being Rory...Seems to be a running theme, Amy mixing up the descriptions of her 'boys'
Just had a few more thoughts/questions about A Good Man Goes To War:
1. There has to be some sort of paradox machine involved here somewhere, I swear. As someone else has said, River (are we still calling her River by the way, or Melody?) was around before Rory even existed, presuming River/Melody is his daughter. Also, River effectively met herself in the Impossible Astronaut, which is a paradox that the Doctor has previously pointed out can't exist, although 'Time Crash' would indicate otherwise. :dontknow: I'm thinking that, if there is paradox, the Silence have something to do with it, perhaps that was why they needed Amy in the second episode of this series (I forget its name!). Or, is it possible that there is actually a flesh Tardis which they have used, a bit like the Master, to create a paradox machine? I suspect another of Madame K's traps is lying in wait here.
2. Also, something else I've noticed: since when did the Doctor's enemies fight for him?! Last time I checked he was threatening to blow up a Sontaran battle ship etc and then view helped imprison him in the Pandorica.... And now they're helping him grow stronger? Doesn't seem right to me. Also, I don't imagine the Cybermen were too impressed that the Doctor exploded their fleet either. Another Mme K trap I think.
3. Also we still haven't cleared up the issue of River killing a good man. It seems too obvious to be the Doctor but then the River/Melody business also seemed too obvious... I guess we'll find out in the autumn. Anyone have a confirmation of the starting date btw? I imagine I'm going to have to organise Fresher's fortnight around it!
4. If Amy is going to locate baby Melody then surely she's going to have to leave to look after it? Maybe River will become the new companion... :biggrin:
5. Have we figured out the significance of the little girl regenerating in the street yet, or was that just a clue? Didn't the Doctor land in the same time period though (1888 I think, with the Silurian?)
6. How come Lorna Bucket can write Galifrean (sp?)? I'm presuming this is a mystery to be revealed next episode. So glad there's an important character with my name though (even if the Doctor doesn't remember her :cry2:).
7. Much praise to Moffat for coming up with this plot such a long time ago though. Takes some skill.

Blimey that took a long time to write on a touch phone. It was so worth it though!
Original post by Rascacielos

Original post by Rascacielos

6. How come Lorna Bucket can write Galifrean (sp?)? I'm presuming this is a mystery to be revealed next episode. So glad there's an important character with my name though (even if the Doctor doesn't remember her :cry2:).

It wasn't Gallifreyan as Gallifreyan can't be translated by the tardis. It was the language of her people.

Latest

Trending

Trending