The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3780
Original post by dooodles
is it normal for practice papers to be really hard?! im a first year, got a good mark in feb exams (and found them quite easy-ish) but I can hardly do any of these practice papers after loads of revision, with exams on monday.. eeek.
rant over :smile:

I've yet to find someone who finds practise papers easy. Don't worry about it, on the day you'll realise you know more than you thought! You've obv put the work into it so stop stressing :smile:
Original post by Helenia
Done - pick your month of subdom wisely... :smile:

Ta, it'll have to be august because I'll have finished exams by then and I spend enough time on here as it is :yes:
Reply 3782
Original post by Medicine Man
Don't know if you guys have seen this webiste.

It was poted on my facebook homepage and thought I should share.

In other news, exams start in 2 days. The cramming is very much in full swing. Why do I never learn???

Cheers for that link! Will definitely make use of some of those. :tongue:

Good luck with the exams!
Anyone else use gpnotebook.co.uk? It's such a gem!
Reply 3784
Ahhh I love being home for summer... alllllmycollege friends are still here didn't go to uni.. had to come homeearly because working tomorrow tho boo :frown: but ahsd a great shift at work today on CCU, nursesa amazing on there, taught me so so much! and sister offered me a permanent job cos they need a few more hcas.. but can't take it 'cos have to go back to pesky med school in september. haha. LOVE BEING HOME

-i would edit this to correct spelling but i really don't care that much.
hope you're enjoying the sunshine people :smile:
Original post by lekky
Ahhh I love being home for summer... alllllmycollege friends are still here didn't go to uni.. had to come homeearly because working tomorrow tho boo :frown: but ahsd a great shift at work today on CCU, nursesa amazing on there, taught me so so much! and sister offered me a permanent job cos they need a few more hcas.. but can't take it 'cos have to go back to pesky med school in september. haha. LOVE BEING HOME

-i would edit this to correct spelling but i really don't care that much.
hope you're enjoying the sunshine people :smile:

Drunk or bad keyboard? :p:
Just saw Feeder, Pendulum DJing and Example on campus. Fairly reasonably day, although Pendulum completely buggered my hip- big bruise over my ASIS already. :biggrin:

And I shook hands with Aled ****ing Jones!
Yet another birthday spent revising for exams. Life as the eternal student has it's draw backs. Ah well, I know how to live, half a pot of half price Ben and Jerry's (Tesco's). Happy birthday to me :smile:
Original post by ilovehotchocolate
Yet another birthday spent revising for exams. Life as the eternal student has it's draw backs. Ah well, I know how to live, half a pot of half price Ben and Jerry's (Tesco's). Happy birthday to me :smile:

Happy birthday. :smile:

At least you didn't have yours on the day of the very first exam like my mate.
Bleurgh. Last exam on Monday. I dislike the way Keele do OSSEs in preclinical years. Twenty, five minute stations ranging from examinations to measuring prothrombin time. There should be ten stations of eight or so minutes each and they should all be clinical. Some of this stuff people are memorising purely to pass this exam, stuff that they'll never even think about again for the rest of time. It's learning for learning sake... pointless.

Happy birthday. As a fellow early June baby (next Tues, just in case anyone's interested :p: ) I feel your pain of perpetually exam-subdued birthday celebrations. Hope you have a suitably awesome time once exams are finished.
Reply 3791

happy birthday :smile:

I have similar experiences to you, my birthday is at the start of Sept so usually the start of term is on that day or close by and everyone forgets my birthday :frown: not half as bad as having an exam on the day though!
Reply 3792
Original post by Kinkerz
Bleurgh. Last exam on Monday. I dislike the way Keele do OSSEs in preclinical years. Twenty, five minute stations ranging from examinations to measuring prothrombin time. There should be ten stations of eight or so minutes each and they should all be clinical. Some of this stuff people are memorising purely to pass this exam, stuff that they'll never even think about again for the rest of time. It's learning for learning sake... pointless.

I know the feeling :frown: for my OSCES I learnt so much useless stuff! Although I've never heard of the prothrombin time station??

It sounds like a pretty intensive OSCE for pre-clinical years, feel bad for you pal!
Original post by fatal
happy birthday :smile:

I have similar experiences to you, my birthday is at the start of Sept so usually the start of term is on that day or close by and everyone forgets my birthday :frown: not half as bad as having an exam on the day though!

First day of freshers week. My three cards were from my parents, sister and Grandma. :frown:
Reply 3794
Original post by Fission_Mailed
First day of freshers week. My three cards were from my parents, sister and Grandma. :frown:

:s-smilie: awkward....

Happy Birthday??
Original post by fatal
:s-smilie: awkward....

Happy Birthday??

Bit late now. :ahee:
Reply 3796
Bit late now. :ahee:

I meant for the coming birthday :smile:

Ugh I can't believe I'm on this forum at 1am on a Saturday night :frown: boyfriend is away with the army too and I can't sleep.
Original post by fatal
I meant for the coming birthday :smile:

Ugh I can't believe I'm on this forum at 1am on a Saturday night :frown: boyfriend is away with the army too and I can't sleep.

I find that switching off the computer helps. :tongue:
Reply 3798
I find that switching off the computer helps. :tongue:

Sleeping in an empty flat is creepy :colondollar:
Original post by fatal
Sleeping in an empty flat is creepy :colondollar:

D'aawwwwe. :awesome: You could always leave the pic in your sig on screen as protection.

Latest

Trending

Trending