The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stargatecrazy
Surely she'd remember it though. I mean the little girl's young, but having such a traumatic experience should mean River could remember it.... :s-smilie:

But if she were constantly surrounded by the Silence, that would mess with her memory - like the bloke who ran the children's home...
Original post by HereBeDragons
But if she were constantly surrounded by the Silence, that would mess with her memory - like the bloke who ran the children's home...

This will probably be the explanation. It's pretty obvious, no? Moffat won't just create such awesome monsters such as The Silence and then never use them again in the same way that he used the Weeping Angels again.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
I can't read. :emo:

A month or two back. :moon:

It's possible that her regeneration wiped her memory. Either that or she's an extremely, extremely good liar.

I don't think the regeneration would wipe her memory - it doesn't everytime the Doctor regenerates, and I'm assuming that both the Doctor and River have Time Lord DNA that gives them the same regeneration characteristics.
Mind = blown.
Although I thought this episode was overly average, and not enough of a cliff hanger, there are questions but as yet nobody is on the brink of death or about to fall into the gap between time and space whatever =')

Still excited to see where they will take this though!
True. The above speculation about the Silents (completely overlooked them) seems more likely.

I wonder if Kovarian is working with the Silents or if they steal her.

What if Kovarian hires the Silence to do her dirty work, and then they rebel in the series finale, making everything better again [except it won't be, because this is Moffat we're dealing with] :holmes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5205
I have not read through the last several pages of this thread and I cba.

but, I was a little disappointed that this thread's hypothesis was correct again.
(also, I am still dressed as Amy :sexface:)
True. The above speculation about the Silents (completely overlooked them) seems more likely.

I wonder if Kovarian is working with the Silents or if they steal her.

Your mirrors theory might still be right - there's one on every wall in the Silurian's house in London
Reply 5207
on the why can river read galifryan question. I don't think her having time lord DNA makes her genetically able to speak it, that would be stupid you can't genetically speak a language. but it might mean her genetics mean the tardis can translate it for her unlike other species.
Original post by boba
on the why can river read galifryan question. I don't think her having time lord DNA makes her genetically able to speak it, that would be stupid you can't genetically speak a language. but it might mean her genetics mean the tardis can translate it for her unlike other species.

Doesn't she whisper the Doctor's name in the Library episode on series 4?
Original post by boba

Genetics can give you the ability to learn a language, though.

This is why hamsters cannot speak English.
Reply 5210
Original post by HereBeDragons
Genetics can give you the ability to learn a language, though.

This is why hamsters cannot speak English.

ye they give you the ability to learn it you don't just magically know it thats all I'm saying. like chinese people who havn't learn't actually made an effort and learn't it can't speak english even though they genetically have the ability.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5211
Original post by Madjackismad
Doesn't she whisper the Doctor's name in the Library episode on series 4?

ye so she might of learn't the language properly rather than relying on the tardis forever. or the tardis might of translated for her in that episode anyway. I'm not disagreeing with the fact she can know the language just with the fact she can know it simple because of her genetics she would still have to learn it or have it translated either of the two. thats all I'm saying

I'm actually going to go with she learns it because she lazers it into some metal things in one episode when shes not with the tardis doesn't she?

maybe she learns it while on the tardis when shes younger reading through tardis stuff or the doctor teaches her.
Original post by Aula
I have not read through the last several pages of this thread and I cba.

but, I was a little disappointed that this thread's hypothesis was correct again.
(also, I am still dressed as Amy :sexface:)

Can I dress as the centurion for you :wink:
River is in jail for 'killing a good man'. This episode was called 'a good man goes to war'. I.e. River kills the Doctor and is the girl in the space suit?

There's still quite a few questions, is she the girl that kills the doctor? If so, why does she? Why was there a picture of Amy and her baby in the house where the Silence sleep with the crazy old man? How does the doctor find the baby?

:biggrin:
Madam Kovarian said that the girl was a weapon in the war against the Doctor, but she didn't say who was on the other side of the war. It seems odd that some woman would simply take it upon herself to kill the Doctor. Also, the soldiers were those christian-soldiers that we saw in the angels episodes, so maybe the Doctor has upset a whole culture somehow...
Wait, River says the TARDIS won't translate the Gallifreyan written on the cot, yet on Planet One when she's graffitied 'Hello Sweetie' onto the cliff-face in Gallifreyan, the TARDIS translates it for Amy to be able to read :holmes:

Plot hole or Moffat? :holmes:
Also, random theory that could amount to be absolutely nothing, but:

Alex Kingston mentioned in the Confidential about

Spoiler

And River can't remember being the little girl in the space suit. So ignoring the (quite good) theory that being looked after by the Silence messed with her memory, what if that little girl isn't River?

My theory

Spoiler

:holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes:
Wait, River says the TARDIS won't translate the Gallifreyan written on the cot, yet on Planet One when she's graffitied 'Hello Sweetie' onto the cliff-face in Gallifreyan, the TARDIS translates it for Amy to be able to read :holmes:

Plot hole or Moffat? :holmes:

Was it Gallifreyan though? I'm going from memory here but I don't think it was swirly (which is clearly the technical name for what Gallifreyen writting looks like!)
Also, random theory that could amount to be absolutely nothing, but:

Alex Kingston mentioned in the Confidential about

Spoiler

And River can't remember being the little girl in the space suit. So ignoring the (quite good) theory that being looked after by the Silence messed with her memory, what if that little girl isn't River?

My theory

Spoiler

:holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes::holmes:

Ooh I like that theory, I think that when Alex was talking about the cot she was just hinting about children in general. We still don't know about the Doctor's kids, we know he had them as he mentioned it in The Doctor's Daughter, Fear Her and as we've seen Susan, his Grandchild, then one would conclude that he has had kids!
watching the little baby turn into a puddle is the most disturbing thing ever :'(

Why did I get negged? I'm so confused, did someone want the baby to turn into a puddle? I bet it was that Kovarian B***h.
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending