The Student Room Group

Why do a lot of women have no self respect or dignity?

A lot of women seem to be so hopeless when it comes to seeing the signs of mental abuse in a relationship or when their boyfriend is straying, but then they continue to complain about how it "affects" them, when it's their own bloody fault. They say it's "love" all the time, everyone puts the blame on that 4 letter word, but c'mon! didn't your parents teach you to have self respect, get out of a relationship when it gets too troublesome etc. I'm just sick and tired of hearing women complain about how their boyfriend is "treating them bad" "he's straying" "he's cheated, should I take him back!" I mean other women have the guts to tell their boyfriend it's over, so why shouldn't you?

Scroll to see replies

agreed.

self esteem issues and too attached i guess.
Yes and i am sick of all these anti-woman threads.

Damn, no wonder why many TSR'ians rarely get laid;

If TSR was the only source of information of the female gender men had, my goodness.

Why do females:
-Women are sluts, they wear short skirts, get drunk, one night stands make them sluts yet men can have as many as they like and they are legends.
-Women are shallow creatures, with no interests or hobbies. We are unintelligent, do not care about careers or education, only about celebrities, fashion and boys, no times for actual hobbies.
-Women are insecure and lack all self respect and thus it is justifiable to treat them like **** and bully them.
-Women are bitches, fact
-Women are ignorant of current affairs and cannot find Iraq on a map but have an extensive knowledge of Cheryl cole's love life, and what britney spears eats for breakfast
-Women have large stretched vagina's because they are slags.

Thank goodness my boyfriend lives in the outside world...
Reply 3
the need to b with sum1... or the lack of self respect (as u hve said)... some women like drama too btw so it could b down 2 tht too lol
Reply 4
"i like tea", I sort of get what you're trying to say here - but the fact is, this isn't specific to TSR. This kind of thing happens in the 'real world'. Take a good look around at all the cases of people staying in abusive relationships, staying in them until it gets to the point where somebody gets shot, or injured - the courts are absolutely packed with cases like this. You don't even have to go that far to see this. On the streets on a Saturday night. Domestics galore.

It applies to both men and women.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
thyv seen women around them put up with all d **** doled out by d guys, so thy think its d accepted norm:frown:
They're insecure and want someone to love them, so they put up with crap over being alone.

Men do that too.
Reply 7
Maybe if women stopped destroying other women's confidence, we'd all have the sense of self-worth required to not get into these relationships.
Reply 8
I can understand your point when it comes to obvious things such as cheating; yes, have some self-respect and tell him to where to go and never speak to him again. Find someone better. But I disagree with the 'mental abuse' thing; real mental abuse is often done so cunningly and subtly, gradually tearing down the victim's self-confidence, that only someone outside of that relationship could see what was happening, often the victim is unaware until they have lost all self-esteem, self-confidence and are completely isolated. It is only then that they realise what has happened. Don't equate cheating to mental abuse - it is really not the same thing.
Reply 9
Firstly, and thankfully, the number of abusive relationships are quite low. There are also relationships were the female bullies and terrorises the male, but these cases aren't taken too seriously because it goes against what we as a society believe to be correct; men are strong and powerful, and women are delicate and weak.

As for the abusive relationships, I don't think any of us could truly say why anyone would choose to be in them. Maybe that was for the norm for them growing up? Maybe it's the need to be with someone else, or clinging on to the idea that the person bullying them isn't normally like that. It's impossible to say, unfortunately.
Original post by Mrbuster
A lot of women seem to be so hopeless when it comes to seeing the signs of mental abuse in a relationship or when their boyfriend is straying, but then they continue to complain about how it "affects" them, when it's their own bloody fault. They say it's "love" all the time, everyone puts the blame on that 4 letter word, but c'mon! didn't your parents teach you to have self respect, get out of a relationship when it gets too troublesome etc. I'm just sick and tired of hearing women complain about how their boyfriend is "treating them bad" "he's straying" "he's cheated, should I take him back!" I mean other women have the guts to tell their boyfriend it's over, so why shouldn't you?

Its partly physiological too. Coitus has that affect, google it.
this is not specific to one gender
Songs like Cheryl Coles fight for this love.
I'm tiredddddd of women thinking just because us guys are legends after a one night stand they think they shouldn't be treated any differently !
Original post by i like tea

If TSR was the only source of information of the female gender men had, my goodness.

Why do females:
-Women are sluts, they wear short skirts, get drunk, one night stands make them sluts yet men can have as many as they like and they are legends.
-Women are shallow creatures, with no interests or hobbies. We are unintelligent, do not care about careers or education, only about celebrities, fashion and boys, no times for actual hobbies.
-Women are insecure and lack all self respect and thus it is justifiable to treat them like **** and bully them.
-Women are bitches, fact
-Women are ignorant of current affairs and cannot find Iraq on a map but have an extensive knowledge of Cheryl cole's love life, and what britney spears eats for breakfast

I actually agree with most of that tbh, and I have two gfs at the moment, so well informed.
Reply 15
Original post by Mrbuster

It's called low self esteem. They think they can't do better.
I have no pity for a woman who is capable of walking out on a man when she's being beaten or cheated on, but she doesn't. It's her own choice to stay. She does not deserve pity.
I know how you feel. These women need to have a little self respect.
Reply 16
Original post by i like tea

Why do females:
-Women are bitches, fact

Don't be stupid, this is not a thread hating on women. This is a valid thread. Many women are too pathetic to leave even when they can. I dont agree with the threads you've mentioned, but it's true that most of us are getting a little fed up with women who are capable of walking out when they're hurt, but don't.
Men get into just as many abusive relationships women it's just women are more likely to report it. So try turning your question on it's head. As for being able to walk, It's not a case of just owning feet, its not that easy a lot of the victims are brainwashed and manipulated by the perpetrator telling them that no one will believe them and they will be cast out onto the street and no one else will ever want them.
(edited 12 years ago)
This is not really a gender specific problem, rather girls vocalise their feelings whilst if a guy will keep coming back, henever seems to question his idiocy out loud...

My belief is a mixture of insecurity, fear of change and hope! people always cling to the good days and wonder if their partner will change, they are hopeful that things will get better...
i like tea, thats for setting the record to all these sad, generalising men.

Quick Reply

Latest